Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 96106111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1175

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Constructicons... very cool. Some TFOne figures, Sentinel Prime is something that I am interested in seeing.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

SS86 voyager Constructicons? Awesomesauce! And I can't imagine them not combining

I wonder if they're voyagers because of budget - more complicated and more finished (or more combiner accessories...) than would be possible with the budget of a deluxe. I certainly hope so. And just maybe they're also on the taller end of the deluxes ;p

Oh, hang on, only the legs are voyagers, the arms are deluxes. Intriguing...
    Last edited by JJJ; 21st February 2024 at 04:58 PM.

More leaks for 2025: Studio Series 86 Leader Megatron and Galvatron.

Tra Gen Studio series Ldr 86 Megatron
    Product Number: G0484

Tra Gen Studio series Ldr 86 Galvatron
    Product Number: G0481

Megatron is a real curiosity. It can't be a Walther P38 but that betrays Studio Series. Hasbro may end up making one of the greatest or one of the most divisive Transformers ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    SS86 voyager Constructicons? Awesomesauce! And I can't imagine them not combining

I wonder if they're voyagers because of budget - more complicated and more finished (or more combiner accessories...) than would be possible with the budget of a deluxe. I certainly hope so. And just maybe they're also on the taller end of the deluxes ;p

Oh, hang on, only the legs are voyagers, the arms are deluxes. Intriguing...
    The arms are 'less complex' and don't have to hold up the combiner, i suspect the forearms will come with hook or long haul

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Megatron is a real curiosity. It can't be a Walther P38 but that betrays Studio Series. Hasbro may end up making one of the greatest or one of the most divisive Transformers ever.
    Maybe they do what they did with Shockwave and make him turn into a "spaceship"
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

More leaks for 2025: Studio Series 86 Leader Megatron and Galvatron.

Tra Gen Studio series Ldr 86 Megatron
    Product Number: G0484

Tra Gen Studio series Ldr 86 Galvatron
    Product Number: G0481

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Maybe they do what they did with Shockwave and make him turn into a "spaceship"
    Hasbro said in a recent interview that an SS86 Megatron would likely be a tank. Personally I think it's a silly move putting it under the Studio Series banner when they could've put it under Legacy instead (they had no issue splitting up Cyclonus and Scourge that way after all).
    Personally I'm not bothered as it's well been established by now that they can't or won't make Megatron a gun, but I know it's going to lead to a lot of debates and confusion about the decision.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Hasbro said in a recent interview that an SS86 Megatron would likely be a tank. Personally I think it's a silly move putting it under the Studio Series banner when they could've put it under Legacy instead (they had no issue splitting up Cyclonus and Scourge that way after all).
    Personally I'm not bothered as it's well been established by now that they can't or won't make Megatron a gun, but I know it's going to lead to a lot of debates and confusion about the decision.
    This is why a part of me wishes that they never make a SS86 Megatron. If they're just going to make another tank, the WFC Earthrise and Siege Megatrons were tanks and serviceable as G1 Megatrons The Dramatic Capture Nemesis Bridge redeco is pretty much cartoon accurate Megatron. And the problem with all of those are the visible tank treads and the lack of shoulder pistol barrel in robot mode. So neither mode is actually G1 Megatron.

I hope they make a robot that looks exactly like G1 cartoon Megatron but transforms into just about anything else. They can sacrifice the alt mode because everyone knows it can't be a realistic gun. It doesn't have to be a tank (because he never was a movie tank) or, if it's going to be a tank, hide all the tank bits and avoid tank parts forming i.e. an improvement on the WFC mould. But if that's too difficult a challenge, I'd accept a perfect robot mode that transforms into some funny looking alien machine.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

We now have 3/4 of the mainline Generations toys for 2025 (presuming 4 waves).

The line is apparently called Prime something or other.

This will be because of there being a bunch of Primes in the toyline (looks like someone dug up the old aligned 13 Primes stuff, oh dear).

We seem to be getting a new set of Aerialbots and Combaticons. Should be interesting, but they'll have to be very interesting indeed to replace my UW versions.

And most importantly, we are indeed getting a Venom to go with the rest of the Deluxe Insecticons.

Hmm, I wonder if they can make a SS86 Megatron that transforms, somehow, into Galvatron (doesn't matter which mode).

The news of new Constructicons, Aerialbots and Combaticons is great! I assume they will combine. I don't have Superion or Bruticus at all and I never liked the Combiner Wars versions. Given how Legacy Menasor turned out, I think the new combiners will be better than the previous ones. I'm very happy with my Unite Warriors Devastator but still will probably get the new offering for scale continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I agree.

I really (naively) hope that HasTak can come up with some clever workaround to make SS86 Megatron transform into a Not-A-Gun, just like Sixshot's "submarine" and Shockwave's "spaceship" modes. But granted that they were only dealing with fictitious space guns and not a Walther P38, it may be more likely that HasTak just can't pull off this same trick with Megatron.

Alternatively, have Megatron transform into a Nerf gun - similar to Classics Megatron, only with 2024 engineering instead of 2006. Okay, a Nerf gun still isn't a Walther, but it means that Megatron can still be a pistol and have gun kibble in robot mode instead of tank kibble. We know that Hasbro can still make Nerf gun Transformers, as we had that Rise of the Beasts Optimus Prime Nerf pistol just last year.

The Elite 2.0 Slyshot seems to be the closest Nerf gun that resembles a Walther pistol (vaguely resembles a PPK). HasTak could release a Megatron toy that transforms into this Nerf pistol with G1 Megatron colours (and a bright orange barrel to make parents happy). It's also much less bulky than the N-Strike Maverick that Classics Megatron transforms into, thus less likely to require shellforming.

This is, of course, just a crude mockup that I've quickly made on MS Paint. But you get the basic idea. The Elite 2.0 Slyshot would give SS86 Megatron a similar looking pistol mode and potentially allow for a similar looking robot mode with actual gun kibble instead of a tank with fake gun kibble in robot mode. The scope, silencer and stock would be attachable accessories as with G1 Megatron.

Also, a gun called "Slyshot" seems appropriate for Megatron. I'm not a Nerf expert by any means, so if anyone is aware of another Nerf pistol that looks more similar to a Walther P38, do feel free to LMK.