Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

A number of those have been in recent "leaks" and "rumour" posts, so hopefully that means they are more likely to be real, and not just different people recycling the same rumours.

The Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper are definitely coming. Scrapper was the name on the Devastator promo pics early last year, and Sentinel Prime was on a Japanese product listing a few months back, we just didn't know what size class it would be (they do their Studio Series in a different number order).
    Blitzwing may have been rumoured before, but if not, it would be expected as one of the few featured robot characters in the Bumblebee Movie (and would have needed a couple of years to design properly, unlike the toys released during the movie that get rushed in order to be in stores in half the time).

Skipjack should just be a yellow redeco of Rampage... as it was the original colour of the Constructicon that Bumblebee fights in the ruins after destroying Ravage (you can see the yellow on the bulldozer and a very rushed two-dimensional red recolouring, as a yellow bulldozer would have been filmed, but I think the robot mode had to be changed to red so that it was easier to track the fist-fight between Rampage and Bumblebee - and I'm pretty sure that the advance screening of some scenes we saw at BotCon 2009 before the movie was released, had a yellow Rampage, which would explain the rush job on the red bulldozer, as the animated robot mode could have its colour changed very quickly in post production)
    Having a yellow Rampage released will allow fans to create a screen accurate Devastator with a yellow leg instead of red... and most of the Devastator toys for ROTF had a yellow leg or yellow Rampage. My guess is that the Studio Series Devastator already had 3 yellow Constructicons, so it was decided that it would look better having the red Rampage that Bumblebee killed, to add a bit more colour to the team and combiner, even though it is not screen accurate.
    Last edited by griffin; 2nd January 2020 at 08:51 PM.

Walmart is at it again. More listings in their system including an Alicon.

TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE Quintesson Alicon
    EAN: 5010993648634
    TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE Airwave
    EAN: 5010993648627
    TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE Arcee
    EAN: 5010993648641
    TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE Smokescreen
    EAN: 5010993648658
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/01/04/...escreen-403224

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Walmart is at it again. More listings in their system including an Alicon.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/01/04/...escreen-403224
    Allicon! Can't wait!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

My heart skipped a beat at the thought of finally getting an Allicon toy.... if it looks a bit like the 1986 movie Allicons.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My heart skipped a beat at the thought of finally getting an Allicon toy.... if it looks a bit like the 1986 movie Allicons.
    Knowing Hasbro, it'll probably have an alt mode of a cabbage.
    But, it is WFC and they have been slavishly accurate to G1, so maybe...

Micro Race Track Patrol --- PLEASE let it be Barricade and Roller Force... PLEASE. G1 Barricade needs some love too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Knowing Hasbro, it'll probably have an alt mode of a cabbage.
    But, it is WFC and they have been slavishly accurate to G1, so maybe...
    Hasbro could do worse, it could be a Cabbage Patch Kid. It's 80's but the wrong kind of 80's.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Two words. Princess Celestia.

There is a rumour Studio Series Leadfoot listing in Target (usa) computers

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...found.1187449/
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 17th January 2020 at 04:54 PM.

I wonder which would have had the most nerd-rage - having it as a hard-to-buy Target exclusive, or have it as a general release items without the Target logos.

I guess I prefer the Target option, so that we will have the three wreckers look movie-accurate, which is the point of the Studio Series (mostly)... it'll just be another challenging purchase, like all of the other Studio Series toys that were obscure exclusives.