Page 42 of 118 FirstFirst ... 223237383940414243444546475262 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Another rumour being claimed is that there could be some reissue Transmetal Beast Wars toys (from back 1998).

This one feels like a bit of a stretch to me. Even though there have been a small number of reissues of 1980s toys, I don't think the toys of the late 1990s (Beast Era) have been used by Hasbro since the early 2000s of Armada and Universe. (TakaraTomy have recently reissued 2000 Beast Machines Air Attack Primal and 1999 Big Convoy)
    The most recent use by Hasbro of a toy from close to that era (that I can think of) is the 2000 RID Megatron toy used for BotCon 2016 as Transmetal Megatron.

Going back further...
    2014 - FunPub was able to use the Japanese 1998 BWII Dirgegun toy for Thrustinator. (the same year as Transmetals from Hasbro... but 7 years ago)
    2013 - FunPub used the Japanese 1999 BWNeo Big Convoy toy for Ultra Mammoth)

2005 - BotCon used the 1998 Fuzor Buzzclaw mould... which I think could be the last time Hasbro used a "Beast Wars" mould. It was only 7 years after it was a regular retail toy by Hasbro, so could have been easier to track down... but I get the feeling that the Hasbro Beast Wars years of moulds (1996 to 1999) are off-limits, and remind me if I'm missing something, but in the last 16 years, that one Fuzor mould was the only Hasbro Beast Wars toy re-used by Hasbro, which to me seems a little unusual (if true).

One hand I can see Hasbro wanting to reissue them given how hard they are pivoting from G1 to BW. On the other hand, I think they would rather just make new moulds to sell of the TM characters allowing for a more mass audience to sell to.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Perhaps these reissues are instead of them doing CHUG Transmetals. I don't think any TM stuff has leaked for Kingdom.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The last time we saw a large number of Beast Wars toys reissued was for Armada and Universe in 2004-2005. I had assumed that the toolings had degraded since that point, but it may simply be that Hasbro decided to let them rest for a bit and had other priorities. Megatron, Cheetor, Airrazor, Rhinox, and Terrorsaur were all (slightly) retooled for their Armada releases, but I don't imagine that would have involved altering the original toolings.

Terrorsaur and Triceradon were repainted into Strafe and Slug for the Walmart Age of Extinction line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    The last time we saw a large number of Beast Wars toys reissued was for Armada and Universe in 2004-2005.
    Actually, it was in 2007 for the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary line in the US and Beast Wars Telemocha line in Japan.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Actually, it was in 2007 for the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary line in the US and Beast Wars Telemocha line in Japan.
    Ah yes, those 6 toys that came with parts of Transmutate, from 2006, and the Japanese ones in 2007 as BW started there a year later.
    I had a look through the tfu.info site, and since those reissue toys in 2006-2007, only the Terrorsaur mould has been used (in 2014) from the pre-Transmetal moulds (1996 & 1997).

Some more evidence of SS86 Wreck-gar and Sweeps has been posted on TFW. Given the SS line is about screen accuracy, I'm really not sure how you would differentiate a Sweep from Scourge.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/02/08/...numbers-428607

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Given the SS line is about screen accuracy, I'm really not sure how you would differentiate a Sweep from Scourge.
    I would not be surprised at all if it's a straight reissue of the Scourge figure but different background and new name on the box.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I would not be surprised at all if it's a straight reissue of the Scourge figure but different background and new name on the box.
    Malibu Stacy has some new cardboard. lol