Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ... 233338394041424344454647485363 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

MPM Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime image via Planet Iacon's Facebook page.

I recently got the ThreeZero versions of both Prime and Bumblebee, which look magnificent together. Might get this to keep in alt mode with my MPM 7 Bumblebee which at the moment is the odd one out in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    MPM Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime image via Planet Iacon's Facebook page.

I recently got the ThreeZero versions of both Prime and Bumblebee, which look magnificent together. Might get this to keep in alt mode with my MPM 7 Bumblebee which at the moment is the odd one out in my collection.
    I'd been wondering what the next MPM figure was or if the line was even still continuing. Keeping expectations low but would be a cool addition if real.

I wonder if they made a new fig, or are just US releasing the Japanese Legendary Optimus Prime

Product listings that may be true...

Studio Series Voyager Thrust (Bumblebee Movie) - when they revealed Starscream, multiple redecos were expected... so this could be true.

Studio Series Voyager Wreckgar & Sweep (1986 movie) - The Sweep would be an easy minor redeco... but saying that, could be a rather lazy release so quickly after Scourge, especially if they are screen accurate, which aren't significantly different to Scourge.

We've heard from Hasbro that the Buzzworthy Bumblebee "line" will have more products released later in the year, and a possible product has been alleged to have been found listed somewhere. If this is item is true, it shows that this new packaging label will continue to be a mix-n-match of toys from other Transformers toylines, as this one notes "Evergreen", which is a term used for generic versions of the more iconic characters, which pop up in toylines like Authentics and Cyber Series.

Images of the purple Kingdom Paleotrex toy that first surfaced a few weeks ago... which I'm still not sure what it is for, if it is legit. It has been speculated that this could be a Netflix toy.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Never heard of Transmutate before, so I looked it up.

That's hideous.

So one of the silly skeletal things from Kingdom should do, I guess.
    So it would seem my guess was accurate.

At the beginning of the month there was this rumour...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another rumour being claimed is that there could be some reissue Transmetal Beast Wars toys (from back 1998).

This one feels like a bit of a stretch to me. Even though there have been a small number of reissues of 1980s toys, I don't think the toys of the late 1990s (Beast Era) have been used by Hasbro since the early 2000s of Armada and Universe. (TakaraTomy have recently reissued 2000 Beast Machines Air Attack Primal and 1999 Big Convoy)
    The most recent use by Hasbro of a toy from close to that era (that I can think of) is the 2000 RID Megatron toy used for BotCon 2016 as Transmetal Megatron.

Going back further...
    2014 - FunPub was able to use the Japanese 1998 BWII Dirgegun toy for Thrustinator. (the same year as Transmetals from Hasbro... but 7 years ago)
    2013 - FunPub used the Japanese 1999 BWNeo Big Convoy toy for Ultra Mammoth)

2005 - BotCon used the 1998 Fuzor Buzzclaw mould... which I think could be the last time Hasbro used a "Beast Wars" mould. It was only 7 years after it was a regular retail toy by Hasbro, so could have been easier to track down... but I get the feeling that the Hasbro Beast Wars years of moulds (1996 to 1999) are off-limits, and remind me if I'm missing something, but in the last 16 years, that one Fuzor mould was the only Hasbro Beast Wars toy re-used by Hasbro, which to me seems a little unusual (if true).
    Today someone in America has found some new Beast Wars listings on the Walmart system, which could be the rumour above about Transmetal re-issues... or maybe it is like the Retro Headmasters, in that they are recent (Kingdom) toys released in 1990s Beast Wars packaging?

TRA GEN BW Vintage Optimus Primal
    EAN: 5010993869862
    Product Number: F1621

TRA GEN BW Vintage Trex Megatron
    EAN: 5010993867103
    Product Number: F1622

TRA GEN BW Vintage Rattrap
    EAN: 5010993867141

TRA GEN BW Vintage Cheetor
    EAN: 5010993866953
    Product Number: F1620

Megatron and Optimus Primal are listed for $49.97, Cheetor for $22.97, and no price for Rattrap. No images yet but hopefully we will get more information soon.
    Based on the prices that are being listed, it's difficult to expect it to be the Kingdom toys option, because $50 is the Leader price point in America, and Kingdom Optimus Primal was only a Voyager (which is $30 in America).
    And if they are all reissues, Cheetor being at the current Deluxe price would also mean the $50 figures would need to be Leader class size toys (which would be the old Ultra class from Beast Wars), and that would be the first non-Transmetal toys from 1996.

The thing that is throwing me (and others) is the "vintage" in the product names, as past reissues didn't have "vintage" in those product names, while the Retro Headmasters had "Retro" in their product names.

I guess time will tell, on how wrong I am on those guesses.

TFW2005 has the Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime first looks, and appears to be from a retailer/distributor listing so is quite low-res. Disturbingly though it doesn?t show any cab, and makes him look like just an upscale Hot Rod with a sword.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    TFW2005 has the Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime first looks, and appears to be from a retailer/distributor listing so is quite low-res. Disturbingly though it doesn?t show any cab, and makes him look like just an upscale Hot Rod with a sword.
    Image 1: Robot turns into vehicle. Image 2: Armed assault platform base turns into trailer. Image 3: Trailer and car combiner. End result: $150 please