Page 74 of 118 FirstFirst ... 546469707172737475767778798494 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I am concerned with the transforms without needing to be disassembled talk.
    If a bootleg Lego version of Optimus Prime can do it, why can't a professional company like LEGO do it?
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

If it's G1 Optimus Prime transformation is really quite basic (even a cake can do it*) but it's a Movie design?!

The Lego Voltron set need a bit of partforming (Well parts removal technically) on the black lion but otherwise converted and combined as you'd expect.

(*For some reason that cake was going around on Twitter a lot over the weekend, even though it's from 7 years ago - the birthday boy is a teenager now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    If it's G1 Optimus Prime transformation is really quite basic (even a cake can do it*) but it's a Movie design?!
    My understanding is it's based on ROTB Prime, which from what we've seen so far is basically Geewun. So it could have a fairly simple transformation - flip the back of the truck/legs down, pull arms out of the back of the cab, flip up the head and you're good. I know SS BumblePrime made it more complicated than that but I don't expect a Lego to be on that level. It could work is what I'm saying.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I am concerned with the transforms without needing to be disassembled talk.
    Did you see the mechanisms they are doing now? The Popup book was amazing and smooth

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    My understanding is it's based on ROTB Prime, which from what we've seen so far is basically Geewun. So it could have a fairly simple transformation - flip the back of the truck/legs down, pull arms out of the back of the cab, flip up the head and you're good. I know SS BumblePrime made it more complicated than that but I don't expect a Lego to be on that level. It could work is what I'm saying.
    It certainly could - I made a lego Optimus Prime any number of times as a kid way back when, and the technic stuff I had wasn't anywhere near as fancy as the bits you can get now

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    It certainly could - I made a lego Optimus Prime any number of times as a kid way back when, and the technic stuff I had wasn't anywhere near as fancy as the bits you can get now
    *hi five* So did I. I used this part from a train set for the chest.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Hasbro should have let Lego make Transformers based sets since all the way back in the days when Built to Rule was a thing.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I once made a G1 Prime out of cardboard, tape & those little gold pins you'd push through and split the pin down the middle to act as swivels.
    I was bored at work.

Lego should do this with their eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I recently watched a clip of Prime’s transformation when he arrives in the city at the end of the first movie. That’s what I had in my mind. The more recent design I can see is easier.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    If a bootleg Lego version of Optimus Prime can do it, why can't a professional company like LEGO do it?