Page 75 of 118 FirstFirst ... 556570717273747576777879808595 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Will be interesting to see the jetpack in the new movie. You would think it has to be just a backpack without wings like Bumblebees.

Collaborative Transformers are so infrequent, it has been a while since one was revealed, so this is a definite rumour... a "Project Trooper" toy has been found in a US Gamestop computer, for us$90 for 2023.

Project names were given to each of the previous Collaborative Transformers, so if this one is true, it is just a matter of working out what concept or series this one is from.

The price point is also pretty expensive, at about the price point of a Commander class Generations toy.

(Gamestop is the parent of EBGames here, but that doesn't guarantee that they will have the exclusive here if it comes here)

Following on from the Project Trooper listing, the update is that this is for a TF x GI Joe HISS Tank Megatron & Baroness set!

I was never a GI Joe fan, but always liked the HISS design, and i had a Takara boxed HISS tank. I hope this rumour is true.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    More pics of what look to be micro sized Movie vehicles... similar to the RPMs we saw back in 2009, just a fair bit smaller.
    An image and details of what could be a licensed Micro Machines Transformers playset, of Movie Camaro Bumblebee that opens up, with a micro Barricade.
    Said to be out in Autumn our time, for us$35.

TFW have watermarked the official image and not disclosed the source website for the information, which is poor form doing it on official images, probably to prevent other fansites from posting up the news with a clean image.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    An image and details of what could be a licensed Micro Machines Transformers playset, of Movie Camaro Bumblebee that opens up, with a micro Barricade.
    Said to be out in Autumn our time, for us$35.

TFW have watermarked the official image and not disclosed the source website for the information, which is poor form doing it on official images, probably to prevent other fansites from posting up the news with a clean image.
    Well apparently that's not enough, because now there are Playset and Vehicle packs as well.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Well apparently that's not enough, because now there are Playset and Vehicle packs as well.
    I was just looking at that... and wasting a fair bit of time scrolling through the replies to see if anyone had actually bought it.
    Unfortunately it doesn't let us know if all six sets are Transformers themed, or if it is a mixture of non-themed sets with the packaging on each one teasing us to think that it could be Transformers themed.

This is why I hate blind-bag concepts, especially if it is for a mixture of themes, because at least if it was all Transformers themed, you have a bit of a better chance offloading them or trading them with other fans. Otherwise, you could end up with fifteen duplicates just to secure the Transformers ones, and have no collector market interested in the spares you just paid a lot of money on.

At least these are licensed toys, and not Hasbro toys, so I'm not as interested in these, and just hope they end up being expensive poor-quality rubbish that dies off fairly quickly.

Finally, some more details on those Transformers Micro Machine Playsets.

Apparently there's 6 playsets in total, but each playset comes with 1 of 2 vehicles, with 2 of them having a 100% of picking up a Transformer (meaning you have to buy the set again), 2 of them having a 50% chance of getting a Transformer, and 2 of them not containing any Transformers at all.
    Also there are codes, so you don't have to worry about buying 12 of these sets just to get that 1 figure you're after:
    1A 01 (Adventure Racing Truck)
    IA 02 (Cliffjumper)
    1B 01 (Prime)
    1B 02 (ROTF Megatron)
    2A 01 (Food Truck)
    2A 02 (19 BMW M6)
    2B 01 (Nemesis Prime)
    2B 02 (Sideswipe)
    3A 01 (Private Jet)
    3A 02 (Starscream)
    3B 01 (19 BMW M6 again)
    3B 02 (Bugatti)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

What could be another two GEN Selects toys for Legacy this year - Voyager Override (from the Cybertron cartoon/toyline), and Voyager Road Hauler (probably a green Grapple to homage the Japanese green Hauler toy from about 15 years ago).

Road Hauler was originally an odd toy, as it was given a back story of being a Constructicon (hence the green colour), but its name was meant to homage Grapple's nickname (Hauler) in the original cartoon episode More Than Meets The Eye... but is not the right colour. (if it was going to be an accurate homage to Hauler, it would be the same colour as Grapple... which we already have from this mould).

Meanwhile, from one of the regular recent sources of unreleased toys, a couple of toys that appear to be for the Rise of the Beasts movie, but could end up being released in Cyberverse towards the end of the year, as one of them looks very similar to one that was officially revealed for Cyberverse in October.

These two new toys are Optimus Prime (as the transport truck we already saw coming in Cyberverse packaging), and Optimus Primal (as the classic Beast Wars gorilla).
    Optimus Primal appears to be packed with a Targetmaster type of mini-figure, that is a white tiger (maybe as Tigatron) that converts to a weapon.

It is difficult to tell the exact size of them, but the limited articulation and sculpting suggests somewhere between Core class and Deluxe Class. (I'd be hoping they are smaller/cheaper than deluxe class).

If they are Movie toys, then they probably the ones that we would have seen out in stores next month... if the Movie hadn't been delayed by a year. (which is why Hasbro must have decided to still release them this year, but create all new packaging that fits in with the recent toyline that retailers are familiar with)

Bit odd for Override to be a Voyager... maybe some accessories? Maybe Hot Rod style complex engineering. There's not many voyager class female toys though (three come to mind and two of those are repaints of the same male bot) so that's nice.

Road Hauler would be a pass, if I'm buying a green voyager truck in Legacy it will be Bulkhead.