Page 77 of 118 FirstFirst ... 576772737475767778798081828797 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Legacy Blitzwing is in the hands of the normal leakers. He looks good, but do I really need to replace my Takara Legends Blitzwing? Probably not.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...gimmick/46765/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

It looks more G1 accurate than the TR figure, but I don't necessarily think it does a better job of being both a jet and tank than that figure.

It does look like it has an interesting transformation though (wings wrapping around bot mode legs). I'll keep my eyes on it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Blitzwing looks good but reminds me of a third party style rather than a Hasbro one. The purple IMO should be a bit brighter and the face is quite metallic. Looks like some compromises for both modes, but overall he looks good. Given a lot of other quite cartoon accurate figures we've recently though, I feel like they could have done a little better.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Looks a bit naff
    I'd have just upscaled the G1 version and articulated that.
    And those red boxing gloves. Lol

Legacy Blitzwing looks appealing, but does anyone know whether the two removable giant fists that the figure comes with are referenced in-fiction anywhere? I don't recall any Sunbow reference. Also, I don't understand the purpose they serve - partforming for altmodes?

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the hands are part of the energon weapon gimmick. And now I'm wondering if the rumoured energon monster will actually be some sort of build-a-figure weaponiser spread across the waves... Anyway, not impressed by them. Waste of budget.

Blitzwing's bot mode looks very nice, certainly better than the previous toy. But the alt modes are a bit sucky, especially the jet (I'm hoping that it is just very poorly transformed due to being a stolen sample without instructions, but even then there just doesn't seem anywhere else for all that crap underneath to hide). That one's even worse than the previous toy. Guess I know what I'll be doing with my old Blitzwing once this new one turns up
    Last edited by JJJ; 26th March 2022 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some more Legacy listings on retailers system somewhere in America, has a prefix of "Velocitron" on each of them (as did the Voyager Override toy a few posts above)... which doesn't seem to apply to these ones here that are obviously Gen1 characters (toys), so maybe there is a subline in play here, like the Golden Disk set or Galactic Odyssey set, in which a set of toys are going to be released in packaging that has a planet (from Cybertron series) named on it... for a future cartoon or comic plot device.
    I've been reading through TFwiki. The comics have G2 Road Rocket, Diaclone Burnout and G1 Blurr all doing things on Velocitron. So I'd guess that goes some way to explaining those characters being in that sub-line.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I skipped TR Blitz, which was good, 'cause I think this is far superior.

More details on the Crankcase Legacy toy that was rumoured a while back. It looks like it will be based on the G1 Triggermaster.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ankcase/46781/

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    More details on the Crankcase Legacy toy that was rumoured a while back. It looks like it will be based on the G1 Triggermaster.
    Gimmi!!