Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6070757677787980818283848590100 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

You know, I actually really like that.

Looks to be a licensed Audi, has the right proportions, and actually bothers to use a transformed front grill for the robot mode chest instead of a fake part. Could be my first purchase this year.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The whole design seems to be based on the RotF video game model, rather than any of the visualisations for the actual movie itself

They'll do characters from the movie video games or the 1986 animated movie before they'll do ROTF Skids and Mudflap!

In-hand images of what could be SS Sideways, from one of the regular leakers.

Possible MP-56 Trailbreaker, which would mean Hoist too eventually.

Edit: changed link to TFW2005 in case FB link fails.
    Last edited by Skyfire; 7th May 2022 at 12:32 AM.

Other is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sure is weird we're seeing another MP before Cliffjumper given all those leaked test shots of him we saw months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    Sure is weird we're seeing another MP before Cliffjumper given all those leaked test shots of him we saw months ago
    Sure is, and i was looking forward to an MP CJ with a chibi alt mode.

However, it is nice to have MP news and rumours after months of nothing since the Raiden news.

This Trailbreaker seems like a return to the mainline MP aesthetics with faux parts in bot mode. I think the chest is not the bonnet. The bot proportion is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    Don't forget that TakaraTOMY have wanted to do the Toyota Hilux MP for years now. It was mentioned in a magazine interview ages ago.

Also, I don't think any evidence has emerged of Porsche having agreed to grant licence for TFs, so it's possible that the MP Cliffjumper prototype was made, but they're awaiting Porsche to come to the table before proceeding. Don't forget that Takara also made a prototype for a Porsche Binaltech Meister, but Porsche refused to grant licence, so the toy ended up being a Mazda RX-8 instead.

Time to reignite my hatred of Porsche's idiotic licensing. VW needs to step in and stop giving its divisions so much autonomy. They keep getting Porsche and Audi competing against each other instead of helping each other. Their next battlefield is going to be the 2026 F1 season.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

After TakaraTomy tweeted out some teaser images for their May additions to their pre-orders page, it included some Studio Series figures that haven't been officially revealed by Hasbro yet - ROTF Sideways, DOTM Bumblebee, 1986 Arcee.

A leaked image on facebook of the 2013 GEN Arcee toy is claiming to be one being used for Studio Series, instead of the more recent Earthrise Arcee toy. If true, there must have been enough backlash towards the newer toy to go back to using the older one.

We will find out for sure tomorrow, as the May pre-orders will be added to the TakaraTomy site.