Page 89 of 119 FirstFirst ... 6979848586878889909192939499109 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It doesn't make sense for that Cliffjumper to be a 3rd Party or KO product because those companies don't put numbering on their testshots/pre-release pieces like the most recent version of Cliffy has on his shoulder and pelvis, that's a typical Hasbro tactic that is used on other lines like Marvel Legends to mark their testshots/display figures at conventions or internal use to determine where they originated from if stolen and to deter the average buyer. I'm still sticking to the theory that Cliffjumper was intended to release/be announced alongside Rise of the Beasts coming out in Cinemas, as part of a deal with Porsche for that movie, and when the movie was delayed a year so was it's release.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Legacy Minerva has appeared in full packaging from the wrong chain in the US

There was a listing on Amazon France last week, of what is claimed to be Studio Series 1986 Voyager Ironhide... which makes the Core class Ratchet toy even more unusual, as it looks like we will end up having both characters in two different size classes.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Legacy Minerva has appeared in full packaging from the wrong chain in the US
    Pretty bloody cool that they are releasing such an obscure figure.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Pretty bloody cool that they are releasing such an obscure figure.
    Oh yeah. I think we can safely say that Hasbro are convinced that (some) JG1 toys will sell in sufficient numbers to make it worth their while. Let's hope they take it to heart.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There was a listing on Amazon France last week, of what is claimed to be Studio Series 1986 Voyager Ironhide... which makes the Core class Ratchet toy even more unusual, as it looks like we will end up having both characters in two different size classes.
    This is great news and makes me less angry at the Core class Ratchet.

A picture from online (origin unknown) claiming to be the SS Voyager Ironhide...

And what could be a collaborative Optimus as a camera, from facebook, and is said to be officially revealed in 7 days time (August 10th).

But is it a working camera🤔

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The latest round of computer listing leaks:

� Tra Gen Legacy EV core Nemesis Prime
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Grimlock
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Bomburst Pr (Core Energon Monster Package refresh)
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Swoop
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Starscream Pr
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Skar
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Snarl
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Shrapnel
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Prowl
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Crosscut
    � Tra Gen Legacy Ev Deluxe Junkion 2
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Nemesis Leo
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Ramjet Pr
    � Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Junkion
    � Tra Gen Legacy Ev Voyager Bludgeon
    Last edited by griffin; 4th August 2022 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here for a minute... since this toy has been leaked for well over a year now and we have suspiciously had no hint or mention of Cliffjumper from TakaraTomy (or any other official JP source) what if, this "Masterpiece Cliffjumper" wasn't actually done by TakaraTomy.

What if these samples were being done by one of the KO companies that have been replicating various MPs within months of their release, or a 3rd party company... by replicating all of the parts of the Bumblebee toy and swapping out a few parts. It probably wouldn't be too difficult for some of those companies that have been doing Masterpiece scaled figures with significant detailing... to strip out a Bumblebee toy and replace enough parts to replicate Cliffjumper.

I know that TakaraTomy operates to a different strategy to Hasbro (Hasbro would often do an official reveal within days or weeks of something that has leaked), but this just seems like a really long time for a toy to be floating around and not be included in a product display somewhere in Japan or Hong Kong... considering how they often display grey prototypes or odd-coloured prototypes (like MP Trailbreaker at the recent HK exhibition) just to have something out there to hype up the interest from their target market. To have these samples of Cliffjumper look to be a production level sample, it just doesn't make sense that it would already be in production (or ready to be in production) and not be listed anywhere for pre-order yet.
    (I don't think we've ever had a Masterpiece toy be released straight to sale without going through a pre-order period... and pre-order periods these days for MP toys are 6-9 months now.)
    I did also suspect that at first, but the more I see of it, the more I see Takara's DNA like the little pop-down panel at the back referencing an early G1 episode. And the overall finish just doesn't seem typical of 3P.

This is purely my theory and chances are I'm wrong, but what if this figure is actually officially licensed by Porsche but it is meant to coincide with the ROTB movie which also features a Porsche (yes Mirage not Cliffjumper) in it and quite possibly licensed Porsche toys? Keep in mind that when the Bumblebee movie dropped in 2018 we saw a bunch of licensed VW toys (including a Bumblebee movie MP and G1 MP) come out in quick succession. The ROTB movie was supposed to come out this year but now it's been delayed, so that could explain why they had a Masterpiece Cliffjumper developed already only to then hold it back for a later release.
    Anyway, I'm probably wrong, but food for thought.
    Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 4th August 2022 at 02:22 PM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.