Page 90 of 118 FirstFirst ... 70808586878889909192939495100110 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

In-hand images of what could be Studio Series 1986 Voyager Ironhide have been surfacing from a couple of Asian sources... so is this thing coming out soon and no one has officially revealed it?
    And, it is very small for a Voyager (it is shown with Voyager Earthrise Optimus in robot mode and is the size of a Deluxe), so could be like Rodimus Prime, with the parts count pushing up over the cost of a Deluxe price-point.

Not sure about those two areas jutting out from the sides.

The hinges and panelling on the van mode reminds me of the Classics version.

Some more pictures have popped up, showing that it looks to be exactly the same size as the Deluxe Earthrise Ironhide... so it would be disappointing if it is sold as a Voyager.

If a voyager budget is needed to not have a van mode with goofy feet at the back and partsforming, then so be it.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    If a voyager budget is needed to not have a van mode with goofy feet at the back and partsforming, then so be it.
    Yeah, that's what it is. I really don't understand all the griping about it. Those legs and feet are fairly advanced and involved engineering by HasTak standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Agreed. It's similar to how Deluxe Class Cliffbumblecap is smaller than a Deluxe, but has clearly above Legends Class level engineering.
    These are actually price points after all, not really size classes.

I already have Henkei and Timelines Ironhide, so a new CHUG Ironhide is gonna have to do better than either Siege or Earthrise (both of which I skipped) to convince me to buy it. And I am very tempted to get Studio Series 86 Ironhide! I will happily pay a Voyager price for this toy if that's what it takes.

Do I really want to replace my Earthrise Ironhide and eventually Ratchet? Probably not, but I think this is a good new mould.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

PVP has a review up on SS 86 Ironhide which went up on Sunday. It is being classed as a Voyager and the only accessory is the blaster.

Engineering wise and G1 accuracy wise, Ironhide looks great. But i am very happy with my Siege Ironhide so I wont be going for this one. Can't justify the price given he is shorter than the deluxe.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Pretty glad I skipped Siege.

Will be grabbing this + eventual Ratchet.

Not a toy rumour... but, a rumour about a new live action streaming tv show for Transformers?

Something that popped up a month ago that I was sitting on because I expected it to be announced at SDCC (where all the big movie and tv show announcements are made), is the possibility of there being a live action Transformers TV show coming to Paramount+ in the future.

It is information from an entertainment news leaker, so it definitely nothing more than a rumour, but apparently this leaker has been quite reliable in the past, so watch this space.