Page 91 of 118 FirstFirst ... 71818687888990919293949596101111 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd rather they put the effort into a quality cartoon that's not targeted at kids*.

*By that I mean, kids should still be able to watch and enjoy it, however don't target it at them. Think, Dr. Who level family entertainment.

With each new mould it seems that all possible redecos are guaranteed... so when SS86 Perceptor was released, the black pre-Transformers redeco (later called Magnificus) was expected, and some leaked images look like it might indeed be coming.

Apparently a Legacy TFPrime Skyquake (green) was leaked in a listing a couple of months previously, and now the expected redeco (blue Dreadwing) has said to have been found now as well.

In-hand images of the black Perceptor, who has a new head.

And what could be a black redeco of the Movie Masterpiece Optimus from the Bumblebee Movie... hopefully not true, as the MPMs have just been toys of what we got in the movies, and they are way too expensive for too many fans to accept a black/Nemesis redeco just for the fun of it.
    It's such a pointless toy, of something that was never in any of the movies, to the extent that it hasn't even been done in the cheaper Studio Series (or any of the Bumblebee Movie Optimus toys that I am aware of).

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I still don't understand the whole black/Nemesis thing. Sure, a toy of a character (where one exists...) of that nature makes sense, but there seems to be both intent to make and demand for black versions of all sorts of characters. Is this just the old "got any blacker?" thing from the 90s again?

This might be a problem for completionists, having to justify some of the more expensive black repaints/remolds of non-characters, but regardless of whether there were any fiction representations, maybe there is demand for black repaints because of their visual appeal. I saw the lows res pic of this black MPM was tempted to preorder, and i don't even collect MPM or any of the live-action TF lines.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I've got the original G1 Ehobby Magnificus - he is pretty cool. I love the special power he has to shrink and enlarge things - he might be a Decepticon scientist but imagine that on the battlefield! Superion shows up and Magnificus promptly turns him into the size of a Micromaster

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I still don't understand the whole black/Nemesis thing. Sure, a toy of a character (where one exists...) of that nature makes sense, but there seems to be both intent to make and demand for black versions of all sorts of characters. Is this just the old "got any blacker?" thing from the 90s again?
    I was trying to collect all the Nemesis versions of characters, but have given up as there seems to be more and more ones out there that I'd never even heard of.

Last one I got was Nemesis Grimlock - he is an insanely cool looking figure!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's such a pointless toy, of something that was never in any of the movies, to the extent that it hasn't even been done in the cheaper Studio Series (or any of the Bumblebee Movie Optimus toys that I am aware of).
    The KO Nemesis Studio Series toy was very popular and has sold a lot. It's probably their reasoning for making this.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So it turns out that the second wave of Velocitron does not include Shadowstriker, but rather Shadowstrip, a G2 re-colour of Drag Strip. Has been found on NZ Kmart shelves along with Crasher.