Thread: Masterpiece line to "end".

Default Masterpiece line to "end".

This isn't as big of a piece of news as it might seem if you read the headlines on the US fansites. But MP-60 Ginrai is going to be the last figure in the MP line. They are claiming Ginrai is the 100th MP figure but I'm not sure how they are counting that.

They also say the MP line is going to replaced by the MPG line. So really they are just rebranding the line into MPG by the sounds of things.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ra-tomy/48121/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

So basically adding the letter G, and restarting the numbering? I can live with that
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

What I've noticed is that in the associated discussions, as of now, nobody who is literate in Japanese has come and given their own translation - not on Reddit, not on Seibertron, and not on TFW2005. It wouldn't surprise me if something was missing because this was a machine translation.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The Transformers fandom is terrible when it comes to translating anything from Japanese, you'd figure the big sites would at least get someone who reads it onboard as a staff writer but afaik, nah. Instead they rely on MTL and/or hearsay. And what small efforts of actual translation get buried in long threads or small forums where no one will ever come across it again a day or two after it was posted

JJJ is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

But then when you get people who do read and speak Japanese fluently, they won't give a literal translation (or even just a close one when literal won't make sense) - they give instead their own version of it, what they feel it should mean. And here I'm thinking specifically about Missing Link, and how everything we've got about it definitely being a full continuing toyline, how it isn't just Convoy, and how there would be new ML products revealed this week (specifically on the 10th), comes from one TFW user who does just what I described above.

What’s new? The MP line ended a long time ago. You can’t expect high levels of sales and maintain excitement releasing figures at a glacial pace. They couldn’t even manage an MP Galvatron in over 20 years of the line.

I am really scratching my head with this, is it Takara doing shrinkflation OR just a package rebranding and business as usual?

The only MPG I have seen anything on is the train bots at HO train scale, HO being 1:87 reportedly is the same scale as Earthrise Seeker Jets (F-15 Eagle), Studio Series Starscream (F-22 Raptor), G1 Seeker Jets (F-15 Eagle) & G1 Astrotrain (from the Lazy Eyebrows scale chart) but I think that sounds like MS-B21 Intelligence Officer - Magic Square Toys Bumblebee would be a good scale size fit probably amongst other "Legends" sized figures which I can't see being the replacement for Masterpiece but it sure would be a turn up if it was!

https://www.thelazyeyebrow.com/pages/scale-info
    Ba weep granna weep ninny bong