Page 65 of 117 FirstFirst ... 455560616263646566676869707585 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

I like Cybertron, but I'm not about to go out and buy new versions of those toys. The Beast Wars WFC figures are about as far as I can justify assigning funds.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I guess the Titan Class is profitable enough for Hasbro to keep doing on an annual basis, despite some of them being fairly limited in their release, or availability here. I would have preferred to have Black Zarak be the next annual Hasbro Titan, which would not only be a better spacing out of the big Titan priced toys, but also be a more worthy upgraded version of an older toy than Cybertron Metroplex (which still looks stupid all bunched up into an alt-mode).

If Cybertron Metroplex was chosen because the Unicron Trilogy is the next focus of Generations, I'm not too excited about the theme of next year. There is only so much you can homage from Gen1 and Beast Wars before it gets "tired" for both the fans and the retailers buying them from Hasbro (it doesn't matter how good or exciting the toys are to fans, if Retailers like Walmart US Target and Amazon don't want them, the moulds won't be made, and the fan exclusives that bypass those major retailers will have less options to redeco/remould).

For me, by the time Hasbro/TT got to the Car Robots/RID in 2000/2001, they had mastered playable engineering that didn't fall apart (after the solid blocks of Gen1 and the pull-apart ball-and-sockets of Beast Wars), and then refined it over the next five years to give us the never-ending concept of Classic-verse Gen1 homages... in toy forms that we enjoyed then (2006 onwards) as much as we did 30 years ago in the 1980s with the originals.
    As such, Classic-verse homages of anything after Beast Wars feels redundant, unless they were an iconic character that had serious design flaws in the original toy (eg Armada Hotshot).
    I can understand the need to do Optimus of any previous era, because that name on a toybox will sell (to retailers and then the general public), but I wouldn't be too interested (or expect much retailer interest) in a lot of new moulds of post-RID toys if they aren't significant characters.

A lot of the earlier UT toys seem to be a bit wonky, I wouldn’t mind them getting reworks. I think the best option for UT stuff, especially Cybertron, is to make modern versions that aren’t necessarily facsimiles of the cartoon. I think a lot of characters would feel right at home on a CHUG G1 shelf, like Hot Shot, Ransack, Crumplezone, Armada Sideways, Dirt Boss and Override, similar to how IDW implemented a blend of eras’ characters into later stories.

They did those kind of updates in Classica/Universe/2010 Generations/Thrilling 30, before shifting to the slavish cartoon copies that we have now. Adopting that older style could work for those kinds of characters.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    A lot of the earlier UT toys seem to be a bit wonky, I wouldn’t mind them getting reworks. I think the best option for UT stuff, especially Cybertron, is to make modern versions that aren’t necessarily facsimiles of the cartoon. I think a lot of characters would feel right at home on a CHUG G1 shelf, like Hot Shot, Ransack, Crumplezone, Armada Sideways, Dirt Boss and Override, similar to how IDW implemented a blend of eras’ characters into later stories.

They did those kind of updates in Classica/Universe/2010 Generations/Thrilling 30, before shifting to the slavish cartoon copies that we have now. Adopting that older style could work for those kinds of characters.
    Pretty much this. Wouldn't mind new toys of Demolishor, Armada Cyclonus and especially Tidal Wave. Some toys would work better as retools (Springer into Bulkhead, Wheeljack into Downshift and even Sideswipe into Armada Wheeljack)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I must admit, many of the Unicron Trilogy toys were heavily compromised by the gimmicks that the toyline needed for Retailers to buy into the Brand that year.... and there are indeed some toys from that era that I'd love to see redone without the gimmick getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I must admit, many of the Unicron Trilogy toys were heavily compromised by the gimmicks that the toyline needed for Retailers to buy into the Brand that year.... and there are indeed some toys from that era that I'd love to see redone without the gimmick getting in the way.
    You'd imagine with almost 20 years of progress they may be able to replicate some of the gimmicks without compromising the toy.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Saw supposed leak of BW Inferno, but I'll take with a grain of salt.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Saw supposed leak of BW Inferno, but I'll take with a grain of salt.
    Is that the one that's a crappy photo of a blurred image on a monitor, with someone's username / e-mail address sleeting across the whole thing? The same name as for the Cybertron Metroplex leak.

If so, it has been established as a fake - used a known still image of Inferno and tweaked it a bit.

Makes me wonder about that titan leak now...

It's quite possible that leak of an Inferno toy is correct but a placeholder image was used. When the POTP leak happened (a similar powerpoint presentation) many of the pictures weren't the actual toys particularly for later wave toys.

Afaik we have an Inferno coming, and I would relish it. But yea, could be a place holder as you say. Remains to be seen