Page 82 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6272777879808182838485868792102 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

The Netflix Soundwave is probably the most recent other example.
    There was a fan event where the designers basically said that the Legacy repack of Soundwave had to be the Siege version as Walmart still held an option for a rerun of the Netflix mould as part of their contract with Hasbro, which meant the Legacy release had to be the siege release

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    The Netflix Soundwave is probably the most recent other example.
    There was a fan event where the designers basically said that the Legacy repack of Soundwave had to be the Siege version as Walmart still held an option for a rerun of the Netflix mould as part of their contract with Hasbro, which meant the Legacy release had to be the siege release
    That exclusive use for a contracted period of time is really annoying, especially since the Retailer(s) don't really care what they are selling, as long as it sells. It just makes Hasbro look worse to the fans who support the Brand, for making it harder for them to get the products that are specifically aimed at them.

Netflix Soundwave is more like Golden Disk Terrorsaur or Netflix Bumblebee, in that it is a remould, rather than an entirely new toy like Override. Even the Earth-mode Ironhide/Ratchet toy was just a remould, and not one of its four uses were ever released in the mainline... which was really annoying, as that was the more Gen1 accurate mould, and yet Hasbro made it harder for fans to acquire.

I was having a look over recent exclusives, and I guess we get a fair few "new moulds" that end up limited to one or two retailers (like Collaborative/Crossovers, R.E.D. a couple of Buzzworthys) ... it is just rare and unnecessary to see a new mould toy that is packaged to be part of a regular retail line, get a limited release... when they could have easily swapped it out with a mainline redeco and pump out a lot more units to make back the money of the new mould (after all, a retailer that isn't run by fans, wouldn't know the difference between two toys in the same packaging).

In-hand images of what is said to be Legacy Scourge, using the Gen2 Laser Optimus truck mould.
    It has a lot of the red/pink translucent plastic on it just to have the windows done in that colour.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Even the Earth-mode Ironhide/Ratchet toy was just a remould, and not one of its four uses were ever released in the mainline... which was really annoying, as that was the more Gen1 accurate mould, and yet Hasbro made it harder for fans to acquire.
    I guess at least in this scenario is SS86 Ironhide/Ratchet is planned so fans will still be able to get their G1 accurate fix.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It has a lot of the red/pink translucent plastic on it just to have the windows done in that colour.
    Black + red + pink = Liquorice Allsorts.

If there is supposed to be a Legacy Clampdown coming, this could be it, as one has been found and photographed with Sideswipe and Red Alert.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

And now Ransack is out and about. That's not a custom - the translucent parts are not the same colour as Kickback's parts.

Looks good. Definitely what I was expecting. Pretty good for the second toy ever. I'll be very happy to have this, and now I'm really looking forward to the rest of the Deluxe Insecticons.

Just a shame there's no-where for the abdomen parts to go in bot mode I stand corrected, they can plug into the wings, and it looks surprisingly good. Will also greatly help them stand out from each other on the shelf.
    Last edited by JJJ; 30th May 2022 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    And now Ransack is out and about. That's not a custom - the translucent parts are not the same colour as Kickback's parts.

Looks good. Definitely what I was expecting. Pretty good for the second toy ever. I'll be very happy to have this, and now I'm really looking forward to the rest of the Deluxe Insecticons.

Just a shame there's no-where for the abdomen parts to go in bot mode I stand corrected, they can plug into the wings, and it looks surprisingly good. Will also greatly help they stand out from each other on the shelf.
    The colours and new head make this homage work... and I think with the original Deluxe Insecticons being so obscure, people won't care too much that the two modes don't look quite right (to me).

I'm just amazed that after all of these years, Hasbro hasn't taken advantage of the redeco potential of the three regular Insecticons (Kickback, Shrapnel, Bombshell) into three of the Deluxe Insecticons (Ransack, Chopshop, Barrage), with or without new heads, as long as the colours were exactly Gen1. They have only done it once, with the GEN-13 Shrapnel into Chopshop during Combiner Wars. And not just the three regular colour version either, as they could also milk each mould into their pre-Transformers colours too.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My Deluxe Insecticons won't be complete without a Venom... Comon Hasbro, go the distance!!

Amazing how a new insect head and some colour makes this mold pop