Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 465661626364656667686970717686 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

The inferno image was using a fan made render from an animation

It’s fake

Yes the image of Inferno is not a real toy. Doesn't make it a fake leak. It's quite probable that it's a real presentation slide using a fan made render animation as a placeholder image on it that someone found when asked to "find an image of Beast Wars Inferno"

Two other "leaks" have listed a Voyager Inferno toy, the second has it as a wave 3 toy. A wave 3 toy may well have a placeholder image used. The POTP line presentation leak had cartoon models, fan art and G1 toys used to represent most wave 3 and 4 toys as the later toys weren't ready to show/photograph yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    The inferno image was using a fan made render from an animation

It’s fake
    The amount of times companies *cough* Disney *cough* have used fan-made images is actually rather concerning. Also it means you can't rule things out as fake just because it uses something made by a fan.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

A UK youtuber has once again managed to get their hands on an unreleased figure that hasn't been officially revealed, and since Hasbro has just announced that this will be a big reveal at their Pulsecon next weekend, there is no way they would have authorised a fan to reveal it a week early like this.
    Screenshots of the video can be seen here.

So this was what was called Unicron Galvatron on Amazon listings earlier this year, which appears to be a (failed) attempt at being a recently reformatted Galvatron from the 1986 Movie, including the rest of the spaceships from the movie, and a heap of micro figurines for Unicron to eat.

I can't tell for sure if it includes an Autobot shuttle (so that you have both from the Movie, as Unicron only came with one), but it includes the Junkion ship and Quintesson ship from the end of the Movie, as well as Galvatron's ship (which may or may not have been retconned to be called the Revenge... which I personally think makes sense for Decepticons/Predacons to name their ships, as it personalises them, and Decepticons don't get attached to things).

There are 13 or 14 micro figurines included, which should fill up the rest of the slots on the small display stand that came with Unicron.

When it is officially revealed later in the week, it will probably be posted in the Pulsecon topic.

There could be more Vintage Beast Wars, as someone in America is claiming to have found a listing for Tigatron from what looks like a wholesaler listing.

You can see what they were going for with the Galvatron. It doesn’t look super impressive, and the high price won’t be super attractive for a lot of fans. I wish there was another way to get the ships he comes with.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It does look kinda nice, by itself. It's only when you tell me it is supposed to be a representation of Galvatron being re-formatted from Megatron that I look at it and think "uh, no, that's not even remotely right...".

And now that I think of it - this is the second expensive toy that Hasbro has produced in recent years that is nothing more than a novelty "that 10-second scene in episode X" thing (the other being dead Prime, with another one - SS86 Coronation Starscream - on the way shortly), rather than simply having an accessory that is from that 10-second appearance. How many of these things do Hasbro sell, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    How many of these things do Hasbro sell, I wonder?
    Considering there is gullible suckers like me around, probably a lot! Unsure if I'll get Coronation Starscream yet, but man, Unicron Galvatron's purple pops enough to have me hooked. But that will still depend on the price..

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    You can see what they were going for with the Galvatron. It doesn’t look super impressive, and the high price won’t be super attractive for a lot of fans. I wish there was another way to get the ships he comes with.
    Yeah, the Wave 3 R.E.D Megatron does a better job imo as at least it looks like it's trying. This one doesn't have the grid pattern, just a few strategically placed white lines to punch out the details.

The real sell is the micro accessories for those who have the HasLab Unicron. The Galvatron toy is just a bonus.

I foresee another debacle like the Centurion Drone all over again.