Page 72 of 118 FirstFirst ... 526267686970717273747576778292 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

The last time we had this type of image (for retailers) hit the internet, TT officially revealed Shouki a week later... so I think we should see Getsuei officially revealed soon too.

Just for reference, Shouki was officially revealed beginning of October 2021, for release 9 months later at the end of June 2022... so if this second one is being officially revealed 3 months after Shouki, maybe these are being released 3 months apart, which would still take a year and half to collect the set.

Is that a tram?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Transformers themed Micro Machines?

Back in the early 1990s, a toy company called Galoob created the Micro Machines toyline, and it was a huge hit (I was collecting the Star Wars and Star Trek figures, until they started getting greedy with boxsets that had just one or two new figures).
    Hasbro also created Micromaster Transformers, which could have been a way to compete against it... but whether it was or wasn't, Hasbro ended up buying Galoob in the late 1990s.
    After a while, the toyline died off, but recently (as I had noticed in a Target store earlier this year) they had returned, but even though Hasbro still owned the Brand, they were not producing them. On the packaging, Hasbro had licensed out the Micro Machines brand to another company to produce (basically they outsourced it, so that the other company was taking on all the risk, and Hasbro still makes a cut of the profit without doing anything), so if this rumour is true, it could be that new licensed toyline that has themed vehicles to include Transformers.
    These first leaked images from China are all Movie vehicles, from the first three movies.

More pics of what look to be micro sized Movie vehicles... similar to the RPMs we saw back in 2009, just a fair bit smaller.

A redeco of Kingdom BW Scorponok has been found, in orange to homage a very obscure toy from 1999 - BotCon Sandstorm.

A redeco of Kingdom BW Scorponok has been found, in orange to homage a very obscure toy from 1999 - BotCon Sandstorm.
    I'm so glad I'm able to say no to these non-cartoon Beast Wars characters as it keeps more money in my pocket. Now if I could just teach myself to do the same for G1, G2, Diaclone and Go-bots.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is allegedly Junkyard, the generic Junkion retooled from Wreck-Gar.

A lot of those pieces match the original toy, so it could well be real. The mangled posing and rushed-photo-on-a-desk look add verisimilitude. If it is the real thing, there's a lot more re-tooling than I expected. I honestly thought we were just going to get a different paint scheme and a different head. Looks good. Might have to buy more than 1

Having read the whole thread, and seen a whole lot more pics, yep, that's the real thing. All I want to know now is if this is the only model we're getting, or if Hasbro might produce one or two other variants.
    Last edited by JJJ; 14th January 2022 at 07:33 PM.

One thing I would have liked to see with a release of several Junkions, is a design that had the arms, legs and head easily pop off, and interchangeable so that they could still transform properly into a motorcycle no matter which parts were attached... and the more mix-n-match the toys looked, the more authentic they would look as Junkions. Because in my mind, since none of the Junkions look the same in vehicle mode, just giving the toys new heads (like with the previous Deluxe 2010 Classic toy released as Wreckgar, Scrapheap and Junkheap).

It is difficult on mass produced toys to risk having several similar-looking figures filling up limited retail slots (one of the reasons we don't see Seeker redecos as general release toys anymore), and they would need to have enough collector demand to warrant a special release through collector channels.

I wonder if it would annoy collectors too much to have a single Junkion toy released, that already had random arms, legs and heads attached in the packaging, built in the factory from containers of mixed parts (the body parts would all be constructed and the people on the assembly line would just attach the first random parts that they grabbed from the container of bodies, the container of arms, the container of legs, and container of heads). Then collectors who just want one Junkion can go to the store and buy the one that they like the best... and if a collector wants several Junkions, each one they buy will be different, and they can even re-mix-n-match the body parts to make Junkions that they prefer.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I know I'd hate it. Blind-bag random buying is a concept that needs to die in a fire.

What you describe can be achieved thoroughly through as little as three sets of the cosmetic parts that would be swapped, so sell one as a retail release, and then the other two as selects.

I wonder if it would annoy collectors too much to have a single Junkion toy released, that already had random arms, legs and heads attached in the packaging, built in the factory from containers of mixed parts (the body parts would all be constructed and the people on the assembly line would just attach the first random parts that they grabbed from the container of bodies, the container of arms, the container of legs, and container of heads). Then collectors who just want one Junkion can go to the store and buy the one that they like the best... and if a collector wants several Junkions, each one they buy will be different, and they can even re-mix-n-match the body parts to make Junkions that they prefer.
    Sorry but that is a terrible idea. I want to know exactly what I'm going to get and because I often have to buy from Amazon I would not know what I'm getting.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

More images of what could be BW Sandstorm, from one of the regular sources of unreleased toys.