Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 536368697071727374757677788393 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Think we will get double punch?

Another US Target Redcard member exclusive has been found, listed as a Legacy exclusive but no name... just a price that suggests it is a Voyager.

Given how hard Target and Walgreens exclusives can be to get in Australia I really hope this unnamed exclusive is something I don't want like a non-cartoon BW character.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another US Target Redcard member exclusive has been found, listed as a Legacy exclusive but no name... just a price that suggests it is a Voyager.
    I know this is getting super hopeful, but if it is a red Cog then they might bump up to the voyager price point by also including a POTP pretender shell and some random accessories. Then it could serve as a partner for Takara's Grand Max. Yeah, I'm dreaming...
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Just read a lego rumour…

There’s a new rumor coming out of left field of a possible LEGO Transformers Optimus Prime set coming this summer. Promobricks is reporting that the set will have set number 10302 and will have 1,508 pieces. It is also presumed that Optimus Prime could be based on the upcoming Transformers: Rise of the Beasts movie that is also coming out this year and it will have him with a jetpack and his rifle blaster along with an information plaque.

This is interesting news because Hasbro/KRE-O had the license for Transformers building sets for a long time. If it did expire and LEGO has acquired the license, it’ll be the first time that there will be LEGO Transformers sets. This piece of news is so random that I have a hard time believing it but LEGO has been making surprising moves this year so it’s not totally out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn’t hold my breath and get your hopes up on this rumor until there’s some concrete information.
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-tra...bGO8plOzPN5Xzs

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-1030...ormers/138529/

I just saw that on tfw too... and if true, I think it would have been Hasbro wanting this partnership to happen, as it is more free advertising for their Movie toyline and the Movie itself (which would have been out at this time).

I believe that the only reason why Hasbro did their own thing through Kre-O at a time when Lego was expanding its themed/licensed range, was because Lego tested out the boardgame concept (only for a few years though from 2009 to 2013, which is weird, because they were so popular) and it went better than expected, costing Hasbro many millions of dollars, as Hasbro was currently the major player in the boardgame market. As such, gossip at the time from the Hasbro end (2010), was that they felt targeted by Lego, so in response they would then target Lego in 2011 with Kre-O... which obviously didn't turn out as well as they had hoped (mostly because most of the toylines that Hasbro had the action-figure license for, they couldn't do construction toys due to Lego already owning the licenses, leaving Hasbro with just their own Brands, and any minor Brand that Lego or Mega Blocks didn't already have the license to).
    So if this is indeed real, it took 11 years for Hasbro and Lego to bury the hatchet and work together.

The additional info being claimed from tfw is like with Hasbro's movie toyline, this was planned a couple years ahead of release so that it would be in stores a month before the Movie, but with the last-minute delay of the movie for a year, Lego might still end up releasing it a year early as well... but notes that it could be held back a year (which Lego would be better able to do for a single item than Hasbro holding back an entire toyline).

I'm really hoping this is true. A few years ago I bought instructions from a creator and built my own g1 Optimus out of Lego. A new version would go well with him. A number of the ko brick brands have released various iterations of prime bumblebee and even sound wave over the years. Would be interesting to see LEGOs take.
    ~

I am concerned with the transforms without needing to be disassembled talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I am concerned with the transforms without needing to be disassembled talk.
    It sounds good to me. Or is that the issue - sounds too good to be true?
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.