Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233 LastLast

Thread: ohmyprimus feedback

Hmm, I don't know about these OMP shipping issues, but I did look at The Falcon's Hangar (also in Singapore) with regards to MP-52 Starscream. Screamer weighs 960 grams according to TFH, and so according to TFH's calculator, they would charge SGD$29 for shipping to Australia via Singapore Post (direct flight to Perth, 6 days, for my recent Kingdom Red Alert). As a side note, TFH MP-52 was the same price as OMP ($280) until OMP jacked up their last few copies to $300.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post

is this why our shipping is so high? double handling? i've no reason why they must send to new zealand then to australia...
    NZ Post are offering a service direct from Singapore. They load up at Changi airport in SG and ship to Australia via Malaysia.

I agree that it's not ideal though, especially when TFH can ship directly through SG Post.

Of particular note is that OMP apparently offer a low price guarantee for stores in SG. It's not usually advertised on OMP's page but is often on the main Dew Toy Store page, so maybe someone should try that.

I think what people are wondering, is why have OMP set up an actual NZ address, and is that double handling (picked up by someone in NZ, re-labled, and re-posted to Australia) the reason for costing more than just posting directly from Singapore to Australia.

Because it isn't just the shipping company going via NZ between flights, like a parcel that comes in through Sydney for a different Australian capital city just because that is the city with the cheapest flight from overseas... this is situation that has the parcels leaving the postal system to be delivered to a NZ address, to then be re-posted from a NZ address to Australia, which includes time and labour that has to add to the price of "total shipping" from Singapore.

I can't say anything about that sender (and presumably return) address other than it is the address for Auckland airport itself. Probably a catch-all for them.

Parcels wouldn't go anywhere near NZ otherwise, however.

Referring to the tracking on my last order,

Jun 10 19:27 - CHG ETOE NZA, outbound scan
    Jun 13 00:52 - Malaysia, scan
    Jun 15 01:12 - Malaysia, scan
    Jun 17 06:28 - Sydney, inbound scan

CHG ETOE NZA being the following
    https://letter.upu.org/Published%252..._NZ_NZA_EN.pdf
    "SG operations" branch of NZ Post, situated at Changi Airport SG

I believe that people are indeed paying for an inferior service, but yes, the question is why this service and are the staff at OMP actually being honest to the particulars as of why. The whole "DHL rates" story seems like a crock to me.

I have to question their shipping rates as well. I had a deposit for an Earthrise Sandstorm and when that wasn't shipped, I was told that it was out of stock and would be given a refund. Then when I shipped my last order, they said that DHL shipping price had increased and would I like to use that refund (which they had yet to process) to cover shipping. When I received my item, it was not sent via DHL, but through NZ post (it had the same NZ details shown above). Have not used them since which is a shame as they were my go-to for online orders at one point.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    Of particular note is that OMP apparently offer a low price guarantee for stores in SG. It's not usually advertised on OMP's page but is often on the main Dew Toy Store page, so maybe someone should try that.
    Funny that this past week, the Singapore store low price guarantee started to show on Transformers listings on OMP. Vote with your wallet, folks.

Hi everyone,

Dennis here, have missed out on alot of messages here so just to clarify some points (some of which are repeated from my last post).

1) Late replies
    Ed, who have since left our company in April, was previously tasked with replying to the emails, but think he was never really able to catch up with it (I have to take the blame as well as he was overloaded).
    I had a heart operation back in May and prior to that, was still very reliant on Ed to run the show.
    We have two new staff who together with me, have since taken over the task so I would say replies should be more prompt since April.

2) Non fulfilment of orders (Hasbro / FT)
    Our Chinese supplier got into some issues with Hasbro (details not clear to me), resulting in some previous orders not being fulfilled.
    As for FT, we have had zero clarity on the number of stocks nor the price since last year but think except for Astrotrain, most orders would have been fulfilled.
    Again, we were always told to wait for updates with some stocks arriving in trickles.

3) Shipping cost
    All increases in rates are based on the increases from our courier partners including DHL Ecommerce.
    Do also note there are different size restrictions across the couriers, also volumetric weight differs from actual weight and usually results in higher cost for big but light items.

As to why packages go a certain route, it's wholly determined by the logistics company and does not impact the cost charged to us.
    Our new partner, NZ post have been quite reliable based on what we can see so far, so if there's any issues, do let us know.

4) Not posting new items on Otca
    Nothing against our customers here but simply, we wanted to focus attention on our existing platforms.
    Also, we don't always get email notifications when we receive messages here so do reach out to us on our email instead.

5) Low price guarantee
    We have been having low price guarantee since we started (not sure if anyone noticed but there are times when the balance request was less than the pre-order amount or along the way, we will announce price reductions).
    However, as we increase our product range, we could no longer offer that across all brands, hence, we have started to reinforce the low price guarantee for some postings (also as a selling point for new customers).

Finally, I apologise and am sorry for the drop in standards over the last year or so.
    And yes, as customers, you should put your money with retailers whom you trust and have done well for you.

I do know abit of the history here with prior retailers so I do understand your concern. However, as much as possible, I do hope you can clarify any doubts with me.

For those who have been supporting us in one way or another, thank you so much.
    Hope you all can see the improvements over the past few months with our new team and that we can repay your faith in us.

Regards,
    Dennis
    Last edited by OhMyPrimus; 29th July 2021 at 11:33 AM.

I ordered a MP52+SW Skywarp from Ohmyprimus last year which was delivered a few weeks ago. Unfortunately upon opening the box (Was taped) it was missing one of his null rays. I immediately emailed Ohmyprimus about the situation and was told they would contact their distributor for a spare. After a week from their reply I sent a follow up email asking for an update which they responded by saying they had not heard from their distributor. I waited another week and emailed again this time my email was ignored, I emailed a 2nd time a week later and have yet to receive a response from either.

I'm not sure what to do about the situation while I understand they are not completely at fault since this was a sealed box but it is still incomplete. I will be talking with paypal to find out what my options are if it is still going to be radio silence on my issue.

Unfortunately that's the risk of buying from overseas, as most other countries are not required to provide buyer protection like in Australia (if a retail item is faulty or damaged, the seller has to provide a refund or replacement if they have any available).
    Sometimes you can get lucky and a foreign seller has replacements or they have a supplier that wants to keep them as a customer (or wants to keep you as a customer and offers a refund if you return the item), but just be careful if you force a refund through your payment medium (paypal or credit card), as that foreign online store may not want to risk selling you anything in the future, as they are now out of pocket for a toy and the money.

If it was an online store that you do want to keep buying from in the future, see if they would be willing to offer a small partial refund so you can buy the missing item off ebay, as people often break up toys to sell in parts to make more money (from collectors who lose or break parts or accessories, and then don't have to buy a whole new toy).

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    I ordered a MP52+SW Skywarp from Ohmyprimus last year which was delivered a few weeks ago. Unfortunately upon opening the box (Was taped) it was missing one of his null rays. I immediately emailed Ohmyprimus about the situation and was told they would contact their distributor for a spare. After a week from their reply I sent a follow up email asking for an update which they responded by saying they had not heard from their distributor. I waited another week and emailed again this time my email was ignored, I emailed a 2nd time a week later and have yet to receive a response from either.

I'm not sure what to do about the situation while I understand they are not completely at fault since this was a sealed box but it is still incomplete. I will be talking with paypal to find out what my options are if it is still going to be radio silence on my issue.
    That sucks. Unfortunately even Skywarp had some QC issues despite being third in the series. Some people had out-of-the-box breaks, missing/duplicate faces and cosmetic blemishes. At least I hope you didn't have any tail fin cracks (mine did - 3 for 3 dammit) and that the joints were tighter than the other two.

This guy on TFW2005 also had a missing gun. I wish you luck. Since it's a stand-alone piece, you might get lucky and suppliers have spares or returns they can cannibalise.

OMP is probably waiting on their supplier. Small retailers are in a bind too. Ultimately it's TT's fault - obvious errors shouldn't happen with such an expensive figure. It lets down the whole MP collecting experience.