Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rescue Bots cartoon & RID replacement called Cyberverse

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Its funny, I'm sick of bbee getting the spot light all the time, yet when its optimus no one complains other than those who spot out petter cullen at it again.

No one talks smack about primal, maybe we just need "new" characters, or ones with throw back names rather than "here is the latest incarnation of a character your parents grew up with!"

And then there is rodimus crying in the corner almost forgotten

Puts hand up

I'm sick of Optimus and Megatron each series but every time Hasbro has had the chance to move on they don't (And I get why it's just boringly repetitive)

In terms of cartoons, Optimus is indeed in everything, but Megatron has been absent a couple times, either entirely (RID) or just showing up as a guest star (Animated and TFPrime)... and it's impossible to say if taking a break from certain iconic characters ends up being a good thing (Animated is one of the most popular series), or a bad thing (both TFPrime and RID struggled to maintain a loyal following).
    And in terms of the pre-IDW comics (since I haven't been following IDW's universe), the original Marvel US comics didn't actually have Optimus and Megatron in many of their 80 issues... it was up to the UK comics to feature the two iconic leaders more prominently in stories.
    I think that well known incident with the 1986 movie, that saw a huge backlash when they killed off Optimus Prime (and other main characters), the people at Hasbro probably decided that it was a rule to never permanently remove most of their main iconic characters from a series or toyline. I guess if you took a poll on who is the one favourite character of each of us fans and kids, Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee would be top three (or in the top five), and if Hasbro don't include them, they are likely to lose those fans entirely for that series if their favourite isn't there to follow, or play along with.

Looks like the new Rescue Bots cartoon is being brought forward from next year, to later this year (about springtime for us here).

Transformers Rescue Bots Academy – which Sondon describes as “the same concept as Transformers Rescue Bots but more skewed to a preschool audience” – is slated to bow in the fall.” The new series will feature Hot Shot, Whirl, Medix, Hoist and Wedge embarking on a new adventure as the students from Earth’s first Rescue Bot Training Academy. Produced by Hasbro owned Boulder Media Limited, the first season of this new series will contain 52 episodes with a running time of 11-minutes each.

The first trailer/commercial for the new Rescue Bots cartoon has now been released on a comic book website, showing us the new team, and some returning characters (including Optimus, who has a new voice actor).

I hope they will still have cameos of the other previous Rescue Bots characters, so that they it doesn't just look like they no longer exist.

Trailer looks good! Is it me, or are they going just a tad more sophisticated with the artwork and animation?

Hoping this gets to Netflix.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

The new Cyberverse cartoon could be out by the end of this month, as it could end up being released in France some time between July 24th and August 6th.
    It isn't scheduled for an American release until September... and probably later than that for Australia.

Looking at the images for these Cyberverse characters the only one I look at and go "god NO!" is Wheeljack. Not because he's in the show but his face... looks so, so wrong! Is it just me?

I'm willing to give any new show a chance, although I'm really sick of Bumblebee being the focus and Ironhide STILL missing from the lineup.
    For me, it will come down to how well the cartoon executes and how good the voice acting is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Looking at the images for these Cyberverse characters......

Hasbro in America have updated the Transformers website with images and info about the characters that should feature on the cartoon. (mirrored here for when they end up being removed from the Hasbro site)

Autobots

- Blurr
    - Bumblebee
    - Grimlock

- Hot Rod
    - Optimus Prime
    - Prowl
    - Ratchet
    - Wheeljack
    - Windblade

Decepticons
    - Acid Storm
    - Megatron
    - Shadow Striker
    - Shockwave
    - Slipstream
    - Soundwave
    - Starscream
    - Thundercracker

The Cyberverse cartoon has been confirmed for screening in America on Cartoon Network, this spring (our time... which is sometime from September to November).