Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: Toybot Importz feedback

Has anyone had any experience with asking for refunds from these guys?

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I asked for one for my last order, but they reassured me they had my item on the way, and they came through albeit super late but order fulfilled and I must say very well packaged too.

What toy you looking to get refunded?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozboticon View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with asking for refunds from these guys?
    I sent a message last week asking for refunds for 3 items. 2 of which I bought over a year ago. No response.

Edit: I know that their ‘terms and conditions’ state that they don’t offer refunds but surely they must have some common sense and refund people’s money after a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I sent a message last week asking for refunds for 3 items. 2 of which I bought over a year ago. No response.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Edit: I know that their ‘terms and conditions’ state that they don’t offer refunds but surely they must have some common sense and refund people’s money after a year.
    You can show them the QLD ACCC page etc that "No refunds" is none applicable and should know that it does not apply, especially for items waited for a reasonable amount of time.

When there is no response, it means its up to you to escalate. The decision is entirely you but noted once you escalate to the bank it probably means your account with the retailer from their end will freeze. But at least you get your money back. If you paid by Paypal, you might be out of luck and would require to escalate through your credit card provider directly as Paypal will not entertain purchases over a year.

They can put whatever they like in their terms but if those terms break australian consumer laws then they are invalidated.
    So while they are within rights to say no refunds for change of mind, if an item is overdue by an unreasonable amount of time that counts as failure to deliver, not change of mind.

While it might be related to a different online store all the information in the first post here http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24252 is relevant to any retailer that seems to be failing to deliver on goods/services.

I got a massive shipment late last week.

including all the following:

Zeta ZB-03 Kronos (Silver Arrow)[Silver Bolt]
    MP-9 Rodimus Convoy (Reissue)
    Unique Toys Challenger [age of extinction Optimus Prime]
    Unique Toys Day and Night [Legends scale snap dragon and Cerebros]
    Unique Toys No Minds and Unhappy [Legends scale Highbrow and Ape Face]
    New Age flipper [teensy tine legends scale Bumblebee]
    Transformers Siege Deluxe Cog
    Perfect Effect PC-14 Grand Cannon [gun for fortress maximus]
    Add on kit of faces and stand for MP Megatron
    New Age H3 Harry [very small legends scale Prowl]

It was well packed with bubble wrap and shrinkwrap, while the shipping box copped some travel damage everything inside was fine. Shipping notifications and delivery updates came to my email account from Sendle.

I think I put up some pictures on my twitter account

No issues here. Except that now I have to find the time to open and enjoy all this awesome.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I think I've been put off TBI given the wait and lack of communication on my waiting items. I entirely understand that they're just a duo that do this in their own personal time, while also looking after their child however if you want to keep expanding then you need to be able to deal with all the rigors that come with becoming a larger business.

Their response to the items being locked at customs is extremely unprofessional. Blaming another party does little to avail the fact that you have my money and do not have my purchases nor have you conveyed that you are doing anything to get the item. Considering that my item was released 6 months ago and is basically sold out everywhere else, I have little faith that I will ever receive it.

To their credit, I do not lump them up in the same category as PC and would never do so. I believe that they are honest hard-working people that want to sell figures at decent rates to Australians. Unfortunately they simply are not able to deal with problems that arise expanding faster than you can support.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    I think I've been put off TBI given the wait and lack of communication on my waiting items. I entirely understand that they're just a duo that do this in their own personal time, while also looking after their child however if you want to keep expanding then you need to be able to deal with all the rigors that come with becoming a larger business.

Their response to the items being locked at customs is extremely unprofessional. Blaming another party does little to avail the fact that you have my money and do not have my purchases nor have you conveyed that you are doing anything to get the item. Considering that my item was released 6 months ago and is basically sold out everywhere else, I have little faith that I will ever receive it.

To their credit, I do not lump them up in the same category as PC and would never do so. I believe that they are honest hard-working people that want to sell figures at decent rates to Australians. Unfortunately they simply are not able to deal with problems that arise expanding faster than you can support.
    I agree. They seem like good people with the right intentions, but I see no reason to make someone else's problems mine if I can avoid it. Just waiting for one more item and I'm done with TBI. I gave them a fair shot after hearing a lot of good feedback but I'd rather pay more and get my things sooner in future.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Back in August, I pre-ordered Fans Toys Hydra from TBI (ironically, because PC failed to supply it; my credit card provider eventually refunded me).
    TBI's ETA is currently listed as Q1 2019, which has now come and gone (I realise not by much, but Hydra has been out at other retailers since about the beginning of the year).
    Obviously, I'm outside PayPal's 6-month refund window.

I also pre-ordered Fans Hobby Double Evil back in December.
    The ETA was originally listed as February 2019 - they later added a "dispatched date" of 31 January - but now the ETA is listed as June 2019 (which would push it outside PayPal's 6-month refund window).

I contacted TBI back in February, and they said things would be delayed by Chinese New Year. That came and went, so I contacted them again a month later and all I received was an automated reply.

It's great to hear that others are receiving their orders, but having experienced the PC debacle, I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't getting a little concerned.

I guess I'm just wondering if I should pull the plug now; get my money back (hopefully); and then try to get these figures from someone else?