Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 223237383940414243444546475262 ... LastLast

Thread: Toybot Importz feedback

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I call bull. I'd been waiting for almost a year for my order, which was originally released back in November last year. Their "supplier" continuously pushed back the release date further and further (the rare times I was able to get an answer out of them.) Despite my concern of the item obviously not being able to be sourced, they point blank refused to refund me. I ended up doing a credit card chargeback.

Got burned with TFIDU (though to his credit he was the only one to eventually refund me,) PC (lost a small fortune) and now TBI. So, I'm done. They sucked all the fun out of collecting modern lines for me. Sticking to vintage from now on. Fuck Australian online Transformer stores - none of them are getting another cent from me.
    I feel you, I had the same situation, I just pushed the point when during a fb update I saw some of my items mentioned and kept pushing the point, mind you kept it to one email a month and only drove the point harder when they did make promises.

I did eventually got my orders and an apology as they accepted fault for not keeping up, but one thing to note is when I (often) suggested a refund they just dodged that entirely, and there was something else with my last order that was strange, maybe because I got my notification that it was coming 3 days after our email exchange but no tracking I can't quite remember.

I stopped trusting aussie retail after that, except for zing, but thanks to their cost and slower delivery windows I'm just slowly backing out of the hobby, only way to recoupe what I lost with PC...**** that guy who ran it, still makes me rage

None of my orders had changed ETAs when I checked the Toybot Importz page.

I eventually received my near full order, but one item is wrong and one item is missing - I really don't know if I can be hassled trying to get them, I might just chargeback for the missing item.

Unfortunately their "clearing the air" statement does not restore trust. You shouldn't need to sign up to a facebook page for customer service for items you have paid for through an online storefront. I emailed them three times through the address provided on the website, once a fortnight and received no response. I then signed up to the facebook page, was approved for one inquiry that was never answered. Two further inquiries, each a week apart were not approved. They pick and choose which queries they respond to - only got any answer after I stuck my query in as a reply to a comment. If you are one of the lucky ones where everything is in stock you'll get an answer sometimes with a photo of a box about to be posted, but otherwise nothing.

I realise its a small business but don't expand your customer base and range of products, if youre not prepared to shoulder additional costs for customer service, ie cut into your profit margins by paying someone to assist. If they don't want to do that, then only operate at a level where the two of you are able to run the business outside of your full-time jobs. If that means cutting back dramatically on your offerings, so be it. Better to provide a good service for your small but profitable business then to provide a terrible service, where it seems they can't manage the day-to-day logistics of the scale they have expanded to.

I have received previous items from them, but each time the order was posted AFTER queries were made, rather than as part of a normal business operations.

I luckily was not burnt by PC and I am willing to be very, very patient given these are toys and not life saving devices, but if you have taken a not insubstantial portion of money from to provide goods or a service, I expect some follow-up or even pro-active customer service. Its a shame, as I would like to support small domestic operations, but outside of ToysandBeyond, Robotoyz, Xavier and Uncle Petes Toys, I will no longer patronise small online only stores.

None of this is to say it is ok to harass, intimidate and insult the store owners - one should always act like a reasonable adult person.

My two cents, for what its worth.
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

"We have had no circumstances where we have been unable to deliver any goods ordered and we don't foresee circumstances where this will change."

Hmmmmm.... is that so?

Well, I for one have posted my feedback in here quite a bit but lets just summarize and if need be expand later:
    * I preordered by LG-EX Big Powered and used (then-)Oxipay to pay it off in instalments
    * I waited patiently even past the expected ETA
    * I sent direct emails, Messenger messages and correpsondence via the "Contact Us" option of their website
    * All my emails were professional, non-abusive emails
    * I still posted via the feedback that for those who have had positive experiences that was great
    * Upon receiving multiple replies of dead silence, I eventually had to follow up with a sterner email explaining additional action may be required
    * I FINALLY received confirmation that the order was there, all I had to do was pay shipping (I had gone via their TBI crate option without realising) and it would be posted immediately
    * I replied that I would pay this however due to lack of communication did they feel it was fair when a customer has an actual complaint raised about no communication for a status update that paying extra money was fair? (no reply given)
    * I paid the shipping the next day and continued to wait
    * I attempted more follow ups and even started just sending one email a day requesting an update (ONE email a day, NOT 20+)
    * Finally following advice on this thread, I contacted both the Queensland Consumer Affairs and lodged a complaint (with evidence), and using a two-pronged approach I contacted Humm/Oxipay and explained my situation to them
    * Humm/Oxipay got in first, and told me a refund was on its way. I then received confirmation from TBI that a refund had been processed. I also asked if the additional shipping I paid would be refunded and they assured me it would (guess what, it never did)
    * Queensland Consumer Affairs got back to me and said this situation was now resolved.

While the shipping could've been followed up, honestly I was just too tired to care about this ordeal any more. I never got my Big Powered and funneled the money into Jetfire instead (plus redistributed the leftovers).

At no time was I abusive, at no time did I flood their email correspondence.

Here is the update and original post from TCCA and TFDU:

REGARDING TOYBOT IMPORTZ
    (Updated Nov 12 2019): Last week, a notice was posted warning members of our groups against doing business with Toybot Importz for practices considered unacceptable by the admins of TCCA and TFDU. On Saturday, the company posted a response to our complaint, committing to improve their customer service practices and detailing a change in shipping policies that will hopefully reduce the volume of customer service enquiries.
    We are encouraged by the response, and look forward to seeing these improvements. Further, we wish them well as they look to set up a physical retail store.
    TCCA is restoring the company’s positive feedback rating, and will allow the company’s ads to be placed in the BST group, but a link to this thread will remain in the feedback file. In six months’ time, if the situation has indeed improved by our judgement, we will remove the link and this post.
    TFDU has not placed Toybot Importz on its bad seller list and invite them to post ads in our group again. However, the concerns raised by customers were valid, so neither this or the original ‘warning’ will be removed at any point. We may also add TBI to our bad sellers list at a later date if we feel that not enough positive change has occurred.
    We recognise that change can’t happen overnight and takes time. For now, we are happy to take the company’s commitment to improve on face value, but we will take action to warn and protect our members again if we start to see negative feedback dominate discussion about the company again in the future.
    The original text of our complaint is reproduced below for reference.

——-8<-----

WARNING: TOYBOT IMPORTZ
    The admins of both major Australian Transformers Facebook groups are today taking action against Toybot Importz, a well-known Australian online retailers and frequent advertiser in our Facebook groups.
    We are recommending that anyone with outstanding orders and transactions from Toybot Importz check the status of their order(s) and monitor them closely.
    This follows months of unacknowledged public feedback and criticism from buyers.
    Criticisms in general revolve around lack of timely response (in many cases, any response at all) to enquiries over multiple weeks, sometimes even months. This is unacceptable behaviour from a business that's already taken customers' money.
    Further, we find that making light of paying customers' enquiries by revealing received queries on Facebook posts is unacceptable, and could constitute a breach of customers' privacy.
    Finally, complaining that customers are sending multiple enquiries about orders, causing delays in processing enquiries is unacceptable. If customers don't receive a response to their enquiry, of course they'll resend it. This is a vicious cycle, and it's Toybot Importz' responsibility to handle such enquiries.
    There is also a feedback thread some 40 pages long on OTCA detailing issues customers have had with the business.
    It is time to act on these signs from the community.
    Both TFDU and TCCA will no longer accept ads from Toybot Importz and its owner Stuart Flynn in our groups. TCCA will be deleting positive feedback from its retailer feedback list for the company and leaving a note recommending against placing future orders.
    Our message is simple: You've taken money from customers for items, and it's your responsibility to answer queries about orders. If a release date slips, let customers who've ordered the item know. If your CRM system cannot handle the enquiries load, get one that does.
    We welcome a public explanation, feedback, apology or assurance from Toybot Importz that such behaviour will cease. Until such time as this happens, the above restrictions and recommendations against continuing to do business with the company will remain in effect.
    Please feel free to discuss this decision with any of our groups' admins.
    Signed
    TCCA Admins
    - Brad, Jason, Dylan, Tyson, Chris
    TFDU Admins
    - Michael, Adam, Ben
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Guess I'll relate my experience.

Pre-ordered Fans Toys Phoenix in May 2019 for $330.90, the expected delivery date being July.

Emailed in August for an update, no response.

Followed up in October, no response.

Take in mind both of these requests went through ZenDesk, a ticketing system that makes it hard for anything to "slip through the cracks".

I tried to join their customer Facebook group. No response.

Filed a PayPal complaint in November as buyer protection was running out. The initial stage contacts the seller. No response.

Escalated to PayPal 10 days later, and 11 days after that, they haven't even responded to PayPal. PayPal decides in my favour and I get a refund.

Throughout this entire time, the product page was never updated with a new date, nor was Phoenix included in their pre-order lists that they posted with updated timelines.

Here's the sting in the tail. Just today, I discovered the figure on eBay on what seems to be their tbi_collectables account as "Found Stock whilst doing a stocktake. 1 Only Brand New and Sealed", for $479.95.

I'm a little floored, to be honest.

This is the second time I've missed out on Phoenix, the first when Premium Collectables also failed to honour the purchase.

Update: Edited to add extra detail and clarity.
    Last edited by unexpectedpanda; 2nd December 2019 at 11:31 AM.

anyone else concerned that they are almost ALWAYS ON SALE?

Quote Originally Posted by unexpectedpanda View Post
    Here's the sting in the tail. Just today, I discovered the figure on eBay on what seems to be their tbi_collectables account as "Found Stock whilst doing a stocktake. 1 Only Brand New and Sealed", for $479.95.

I'm a little floored, to be honest.

This is the second time I've missed out on Phoenix, the first when Premium Collectables also failed to honour the purchase.

Update: Edited to add extra detail and clarity.
    Interesting I had the same thing happen with fans toys maverick I got the early bird price of $169.95 no updates, no contact then when I used Humm to escalate and see if they could make contact the money was refunded at my request? And then it appears on their eBay site as found during stocktake and highly inflated.

Surely this is illegal? As they obviously had no intention of sending me the item otherwise they would have when Humm asked what?s going on.

you can no longer create a new post on the TBI's Customer HQ fb group without their APPROVAL. There weren't that many new posts to being with but this is their way of containing the outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Interesting I had the same thing happen with fans toys maverick I got the early bird price of $169.95 no updates, no contact then when I used Humm to escalate and see if they could make contact the money was refunded at my request? And then it appears on their eBay site as found during stocktake and highly inflated.

Surely this is illegal? As they obviously had no intention of sending me the item otherwise they would have when Humm asked what?s going on.
    Sorry to hear you had the same experience. It's extremely poor form on their behalf.

While it's tempting to chalk it up to something sinister, I'm wondering if it's just flat out ineptitude and poor business skills. It's possible that they don't read their emails, or read them but get distracted and forget there's an action to carry out. It's also possible that their inventory management is terrible, so they don't realise that they have something to ship out to someone -- until that someone forces a refund due to their repeated lack of response, which draws their attention to it. Then instead of saying sorry, admitting fault, and trying to make good with the customer -- they figure the trust is already broken, continue the wall of silence, find the stock in their inventory and sell at a higher price on eBay.

Sinister or incompetent, the message is the same. Don't buy from them.

I don't understand their "we don't refund" nonsense.
    That's not australian consumer law, so I don't get why they think they can just play by their own rules.
    It's nonsense.

Any reasonable business if you order something and they just flat out can't get it - would refund you. Not doing that is just bad business 101.
    Why it is that so many retail companies get this, but somehow when it comes to "collectibles" dealers feel like they can just ignore what works for everyone else and makes sense for any normal retail business.

UPDATE:

Still no updates on request for a refund on a couple items (that they did not get, and are around 8 months overdue) I put my "request" in but have heard nothing back. I forget when I put that new request in, but maybe dix weeks ago?
    It's a new one and nothing to do with my previous post.

Still have my omega order with them - which I pre-ordered.

I see 1 person on FB says they got their one (SIEGE Omeag) . But have not had any update to the order page on TBI. Will post when/if I actually get it.

Not too hopeful on refunds for the other two items that they could not get, and I have 2-3 other misc things which should have arrived by now but news about them either.

If they don't refund for the two missing items (that they never got), then yeah I'm done and won't be ordering there any more.

I went ahead and picked up some stuff from amazon, seeing as I never got it from TBI - rather than more months going by, everything selling out and not being able to get them at all.

EDIT:

They did change pre-orders to "shipping" but nothing yet on my order page as you can see below. And no emails about anything shipping either (as in shipments posted) that you get when stuff ships to notify of delivery.

Also nothing further on my other outstanding orders.
    Listed below all

Planet X Grimlock
    Gen Select Smokescreen
    SIEGE Thundercracker
    SIEGE Mirage
    SIEGE Omega
    SIEGE AstroTrain