Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast

Thread: Toybot Importz feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Discosis View Post
    TBI's last general update in December said MP-43 was "en route". Have you still not received it?
    Its been "En Route" since the october update. I sent them an email (of course no reply) saying it's not good enough. If theres no changes in the update 3 days from now I'm just going to go through chargeback, not going to deal with this crap anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    Its been "En Route" since the october update. I sent them an email (of course no reply) saying it's not good enough. If theres no changes in the update 3 days from now I'm just going to go through chargeback, not going to deal with this crap anymore.
    I would say start it. Charge backs take a while (2-3 weeks).

You can always cancel it if you do get a response which i doubt.

Same here, been 3 months of "wait and see" and everything I've ordered in 2018/2019 is well and truly past the release window for everywhere worldwide, and well past TBI's late late late window too.

they have items listed as "in stock" (supposedly) for some of my pre orders, and have requested them to send them (why, its supposed to ship already...........) and no response, no items, yadda yadda yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkm0nk View Post
    apparently 'en route' means the item is en route to TBI from the supplier. not TBI to customer.
    Even pre-order stuff (overdue stuff) that is listed in that nov/december update as now "Arrived" has not shipped. Some random few people I saw (on facebook) got some of the same items I ordered (and did not receive) about a month and a half ago. Yet you would think that the shipment of a particular item, once in would get sent out and not take two months to send out an item etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    Even pre-order stuff (overdue stuff) that is listed in that nov/december update as now "Arrived" has not shipped. Some random few people I saw (on facebook) got some of the same items I ordered (and did not receive) about a month and a half ago. Yet you would think that the shipment of a particular item, once in would get sent out and not take two months to send out an item etc.
    Hey mate if you haven?t contacted OFT I suggest you do. Feel free to pm me

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

^This. As with PC, better sooner rather than later, I missed out on a refund for MP-36 because I deliberated a week before doing chargebacks and missed the window. Still got it back for a bunch of others though, but was close.

I've taken screenshots of the product page everytime they've changed the date in preparation (Just in case its needed).
    This is something others with pending orders should take note of. Take screenshots of the product pages asap, it's very likely you will need them if you do a chargeback.
    If the current product page shows a delivery date that is further in the future than what it said when you placed your order use a website such as the Wayback Machine to try and get a screenshot of the page as it appeared on/near the date you made your purchase.
    If TBI changes the ETA on the product page, that new date falls outside of your chargeback window, and you don't have proof that this wasnt the original delivery date, you may lose any chance to get your money back.
    The banks tend to require proof that the item is overdue before they can start chargeback procedures.

From prior dealings with banks they told me you shouldn't cancel a chargeback until you either have the item or your money as they cannot reopen a dispute once it's closed, so keep that in mind.
    In the past certain stores have responded to a chargeback by sending the customer or the bank an email claiming the item is on its way, specifically to get the customer to cancel the dispute, but once you do that if they don't send the item you have no action left other than going to court.

Quote Originally Posted by ozlee View Post
    Just letting you know that I have successfully processed my chargebacks to get my money back from TBI. I still have a few orders to wait till the deadline is over.

Also, all my orders have been cancelled on the orders page without any emails apologising for the trouble but I didn't expect too much given their track record on replying back to emails.
    By deadline do you mean TBI's deadline to respond to the disputes, delivery dates that need to pass, or something else?
    Not sure if this is applicable in your case but it might be worth trying, you could send a screenshot to the banks showing that the response to the chargeback was to cancel all orders without refunding.
    If they are still waiting for a response from TBI it may may speed up processing for any pending disputes, and it should allow you to start disputes on any items whose delivery dates haven't passed yet.

How long did the chargeback take?
    Chargebacks can take a while depending on a few circumstances. It took about 3 months for my disputes with PC to be settled (mainly because that guy lied to the banks about a lot of stuff which caused delays) but some people had their money back within a month, so your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Discosis View Post
    new members might come to a feedback thread that ranks highly in Google for a controversial retailer
    It's actually how i found the thread.. Thank you
    You can also leave feedback on ProductReview (Click here) for further exposure if you want to continue to warn and inform.

-----

PS: Apologies for the wall of text, I think I may have posted a lot of this information in the past in another thread, but that thread no longer seems to be available to the public so it's worth repeating for new members.
    Last edited by DarkHyren; 7th January 2020 at 07:31 AM.

My March 2019 orders arrived today. Thank you Toybot

Couldn't agree more with this ^. The fact is, if you haven't been able to get in contact with them for orders placed a year or two or more ago, and they are still updating social media then it doesn't look good.
    The lesson here is that reviewers may be well supplied and stocked, it doesn't necessarily reflect the reality of the situation.
    Excuses and ETA changes, well let's just say we've seen it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    By deadline do you mean TBI's deadline to respond to the disputes, delivery dates that need to pass, or something else?
    Not sure if this is applicable in your case but it might be worth trying, you could send a screenshot to the banks showing that the response to the chargeback was to cancel all orders without refunding.
    If they are still waiting for a response from TBI it may may speed up processing for any pending disputes, and it should allow you to start disputes on any items whose delivery dates haven't passed yet.
    Delivery dates. But you are right, not much point waiting. I have initiated another couple of chargebacks - let's see given that the ETAs are next month.
    Actually, I thought my chargebacks were successful but they are still under investigation by my CC provider - they've just credited my money back while they are investigating. Fingers crossed!