Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast

Thread: Toybot Importz feedback

That's the thing with this fandom. Someone posts a TBI haul, and it's automatically assumed that they have an ulterior motive.

We don't know how long they've been waiting, what they've experienced, but no, they're a shill on the TBI payroll. I get it, not everyone has had a stellar experience, but don't shit on people either. Let them enjoy their plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Wow - what a completely impartial post from a member of the board staff.

I’m sure you didn’t make the members that have posted positive feedback - from basic members right through to deluxe - feel remotely marginalised or intimidated. Or accused of being cronies and liars.

Do you really check out every positive post by someone and then trawl cyberspace to see if they are a friend of TBI/Stuart? Again, I’m sure that as a Lvl 9 admin that won’t remotely intimidate any members here. *cough cyberstalking*
    My opinion and posts in this section are not as a representative of OTCA. My capacity as staff here is exclusively to help moderate the "Sightings" section.

As to my assessment, it was only Twitter and Facebook. I searched Twitter for #iBuyFromTBI and "Toybot Importz", and TCCA on Facebook as well. No trawling was necessary. I know the Twitter usernames and Facebook real names for many OTCA members either through following or my own friendships. I don't mean for anyone feel marginalised or intimidated, and I hold nothing against any such picture posters. I just now know not to reflect on those photos with any kind of hope that non-friends will get their stuff.

I don't think friends posting pics is so much a bad reflection on the friends. I've freely admitted that I'd do it too. But I definitely think it's a bad reflection on TBI (yet another sign).

I've shared my feedback and experience. Feel free to share yours. We don't have to agree. Many or you are clearly friends, and I'm glad that you've gotten what you've paid for. I hope others do too.

But if they don't, my offer stands to assist anyone in the community with chargebacks.

Some handy advice here on Visa chargeback if you haven't received goods after the expected delivery date. In my case months had passed after expected delivery with no response to emails.
    https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/384001

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    That "member" is also a very good friend of mine & I have no reason to doubt his motives when it comes to posting a TBI haul.

As for yourself, don't hide behind thinly veiled insinuations, it makes you look weak... Jus' sayin', sweetheart.
    "hide behind thinly veiled insinuations" - see this is where you're wrong, wasn't insinuating anything. was again stating fact. he's friends with the owner. Also said that there wasn't anything wrong with that.

if your brain processes a fact as an insinuation then thats on you.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    My opinion and posts in this section are not as a representative of OTCA. My capacity as staff here is exclusively to help moderate the "Sightings" section.

As to my assessment, it was only Twitter and Facebook. I searched Twitter for #iBuyFromTBI and "Toybot Importz", and TCCA on Facebook as well. No trawling was necessary. I know the Twitter usernames and Facebook real names for many OTCA members either through following or my own friendships. I don't mean for anyone feel marginalised or intimidated, and I hold nothing against any such picture posters. I just now know not to reflect on those photos with any kind of hope that non-friends will get their stuff.

I don't think friends posting pics is so much a bad reflection on the friends. I've freely admitted that I'd do it too. But I definitely think it's a bad reflection on TBI (yet another sign).

I've shared my feedback and experience. Feel free to share yours. We don't have to agree. Many or you are clearly friends, and I'm glad that you've gotten what you've paid for. I hope others do too.

But if they don't, my offer stands to assist anyone in the community with chargebacks.
    Could you please post a link to a post where you have stated you are not engaging in this thread as a member of OCTA staff? I’m more than happy to be corrected.

You’ve been f’ed over by TBI - fine. You’ve got an axe to grind against them - fine. I’d be pissed too if I was out a ton of toys/money. But as a lvl 9 moderator if you haven’t stated you are talking personally and have your own agenda, rather than talking on behalf of the board, then it sounds like you are endorsing the victimisation of other members and calling their credibility into account just because they are the lucky ones that have gotten their merchandise.

And as for your endorsement of the ludicrous judgement of my friend who dared have the audacity to post on FB he got his toys, you couldn’t be more wrong. He is a stand up guy that would never encourage people to enter into trade with a business if he thought they were shonky. Maybe you and the original poster need to check yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I love lamp!
    moth has entered the chat....

Could you please post a link to a post where you have stated you are not engaging in this thread as a member of OCTA staff? I’m more than happy to be corrected.

You’ve been f’ed over by TBI - fine. You’ve got an axe to grind against them - fine. I’d be pissed too if I was out a ton of toys/money. But as a lvl 9 moderator if you haven’t stated you are talking personally and have your own agenda, rather than talking on behalf of the board, then it sounds like you are endorsing the victimisation of other members and calling their credibility into account just because they are the lucky ones that have gotten their merchandise.

And as for your endorsement of the ludicrous judgement of my friend who dared have the audacity to post on FB he got his toys, you couldn’t be more wrong. He is a stand up guy that would never encourage people to enter into trade with a business if he thought they were shonky. Maybe you and the original poster need to check yourselves.
    1. You just quoted the post where I stated it. I didn’t think that anything I said could be construed as a an official OTCA position. I apologise to Griffin and anyone else that might have thought otherwise.

2. I doubt I know the picture poster to the level you appear to, but I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment from what I do know. But, in the Facebook post i think is being referred to, they lashed out when someone challenged their relationship, without being very open about that relationship. That wasn’t a good look to those of us aware of the relationship. But I will continue to say that if it’s only friends posting pics, that is yet another event that seriously reflects badly on TBI.

Even if that shonky business was owned by his friend????

Im also happy to help anyone as my charge back was successful.

1. You just quoted the post where I stated it. I didn’t think that anything I said could be construed as a an official OTCA position. I apologise to Griffin and anyone else that might have thought otherwise.
    Yeah I was referring to a post that hadn’t been put up within the last hour in response to the questioning of your intent. Got one? Happy to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkm0nk View Post
    Even if that shonky business was owned by his friend????
    They are mates are they? Got photos of them together? Taken holidays together have they? Lost their virginity together in an awkward yet amusing encounter with an overzealous ladyboy in Thailand did they?

Or are you making a ton of assumptions because someone simply clicked ‘approve’ on a friendship request on FB? And are you some weird little obsessed cyberstalker that checks out the Internet details of everyone that has an opinion different to you? Just sayin...

*cough... another internet stalker*

You know what would be nice? People giving feedback in this thread without judging others and making inferences - might give us a glimpse into what the business is like. Well done to those that have stayed on topic - I salute you! I’m guilty of doing the opposite for which I apologise.