Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast

Thread: Toybot Importz feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I guess the happy customers outweigh the unhappy on here at least!
    The question wasn't are you satisfied or dissatisfied with TBI, so I don't think it's fair to make that call. For all we know the 82% of people who didn't vote for them have had a negative experience (an extreme example I know).
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    The question wasn't are you satisfied or dissatisfied with TBI, so I don't think it's fair to make that call. For all we know the 82% of people who didn't vote for them have had a negative experience (an extreme example I know).
    True, they would win both best and worst in show.

Congratulations are in order for Toybot Importz securing Retailer of the Year in the Ozformers awards. I guess the happy customers outweigh the unhappy on here at least!
    Really? I'm not sure I've ever seen 18% warrant congratulations, but it most certainly doesn't represent any kind of consensus. Looking at the other percentages, my guess is that 18% arose from 6 votes... and you only need to scroll back a few pages to see who those might be from.

For the previous two years, TBI had 20%, and 24% (neither were first place), so, we've definitely witnessed a decline. And the year before that, it was Premium Collectables at 45% (2.5 times as high!) and we all now how that ended.

If you're still in disbelief that there is a large swath of customers that have been ripped off, make a dedicated poll. And if you're really courageous, post it on Facebook too, and not just among the OTCA TBI faithful.

Congratulations are in order for Toybot Importz securing Retailer of the Year in the Ozformers awards.
    This is the funniest thing I’ve read so far today.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Really? I'm not sure I've ever seen 18% warrant congratulations, but it most certainly doesn't represent any kind of consensus. Looking at the other percentages, my guess is that 18% arose from 6 votes... and you only need to scroll back a few pages to see who those might be from.

For the previous two years, TBI had 20%, and 24% (neither were first place), so, we've definitely witnessed a decline. And the year before that, it was Premium Collectables at 45% (2.5 times as high!) and we all now how that ended.

If you're still in disbelief that there is a large swath of customers that have been ripped off, make a dedicated poll. And if you're really courageous, post it on Facebook too, and not just among the OTCA TBI faithful.
    Percentages aside, they came first. I’ll save you the pain of quoting Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious.

Also not sure how you get 18% equals 6 votes?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post

Point is, with 18% of the votes, they were the winners. We can debate the decline in numbers etc until the cows come home, but it's not going to change anything.

Speaking of which, if 18% is the highest numbers of votes, what does that say about the rest of the online stores like HLJ who won in 2017 with 32%, placed third in 2018 with 18%, but didn't even make it on to this years list? They must be horrible to deal with based on those figures alone. Avoid.
    See? You can massage numbers like I've just done to fit any narrative.

As for your poll, if you're so keen to prove a point, there's nothing stopping you from starting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Speaking of which, if 18% is the highest numbers of votes, what does that say about the rest of the online stores like HLJ who won in 2017 with 32%, placed third in 2018 with 18%, but didn't even make it on to this years list? They must be horrible to deal with based on those figures alone. Avoid.
    If HLJ has a feedback thread getting bumped every few days with negative criticism and people doing bank chargebacks then I'll believe that.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Just a reminder...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Please just comment on your own experiences,
    Rehashing opinions over and over again will not resolve anything or result in anything positive.
    Just post feedback on your transaction if you had one, as visitors need to see the feedback posts, which end up getting buried in pages of debate.

Following a couple of messages about the Awards this morning, I've now caught up on the last six pages of this thread and see why people are asking.

Firstly just wanted to note that I'm not a customer of Toybot Importz and I don't know the owner personally (although we may have crossed paths at one of the meetups I've been to in Sydney and have a connection on Twitter I am not a "friend").

I've gone back over the results and while actually I do have a correction to make, this company received the most votes from the voting pool and it was more than 10. The voting pool was smaller than it's been in a few years but I can't see any suspicious behavior. The same IP address didn't vote 10 times for instance.

Votes were spread across a lot of different retailers and for transparency the full list of sources that got votes is:

toybot importz 18%
    Amazon 15%
    thelittletoycompany 9%
    OhMyPrimus 9%
    RoboToyz 8%
    Robotkingdom 8%
    Saviour toys 5%
    Hobbylink Japan 5%
    BBTS 5%
    Uncle Petes 3%
    TBI 3%
    Zing 2%
    Toys and beyond 2%
    Tftoys.com.au/Xin 2%
    Tfsource 2%
    TF toys 2%
    Showz Store 2%
    Popculcha 2%
    eBay 2%
    AmiAmi/HLJ 2%

Aren't TBI and Toybot Importz the same? Guess it got 21% then.