Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast

Thread: Toybot Importz feedback

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow, the saga continues...

I'm just glad I ended up on a good yet scary moment, pestering them for nearly a YEAR for an order, and yet just after the paypal protection period ran out they actually sent mine, well packed.

Their responses were sincere but (as many others posted) side stepped everything to do with refunds, to me, all considering, they're not scammers, they just...bit off far too much of what they could chew, not that I want you guys to change your mind about charge backs, although with the way things are going I'm not sure if someone actually waiting on an order is gonna get hit in the crossfire or they'll turn to dirty tricks due to the lack of funds to actually get anything.

If they resort to asking their "loyal" fanbase to start posting pics of hauls for rewards or taking bitcoin only that's when I'll get the popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Wow, the saga continues...

I'm just glad I ended up on a good yet scary moment, pestering them for nearly a YEAR for an order, and yet just after the paypal protection period ran out they actually sent mine, well packed.

Their responses were sincere but (as many others posted) side stepped everything to do with refunds, to me, all considering, they're not scammers, they just...bit off far too much of what they could chew, not that I want you guys to change your mind about charge backs, although with the way things are going I'm not sure if someone actually waiting on an order is gonna get hit in the crossfire or they'll turn to dirty tricks due to the lack of funds to actually get anything.

If they resort to asking their "loyal" fanbase to start posting pics of hauls for rewards or taking bitcoin only that's when I'll get the popcorn
    Nearly a YEAR!?!? Insane patience you have there,

I don't think they have "asked" their loyal fanbase to post pics of hauls but a few have posted regarding their deliveries over after xmas and how well packed they were... I do wonder if these customers would buy from TBI again..

They don't ask. But just as others post "just received this from (another retailer)" what's wrong with saying it's come from TBI? People already jump to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    They don't ask. But just as others post "just received this from (another retailer)" what's wrong with saying it's come from TBI? People already jump to conclusions.
    I think hYpNoS was saying that IF they are asking customers to post pics... AND offering discounts if they do (which is exactly what PC did), it's a warning flag.

No one is saying there's anything wrong with posting pics and providing credit. Just that if a company IS offering incentives to doing so for the sake of PR to cover up the fact that most people are NOT getting packages, that's a concern, at least based on previous experiences.

However, I do think that in light of the current situation (many people not getting their stuff), that if someone has more than just a business relationship with a reseller (eg a friendship), that should probably be disclosed when they post pictures of received loot. Because if it's only friends posting success stories on social media, that looks pretty unfair, if not downright suspicious.

I'll be honest, if I served a tour of duty with Stuart, I wouldn't be making that public knowledge when I receive my stuff. It's not worth the headache. People are already getting jumped on when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'll be honest, if I served a tour of duty with Stuart, I wouldn't be making that public knowledge when I receive my stuff. It's not worth the headache. People are already getting jumped on when they do.
    I've seen a case where someone posted their haul and thanked TBI.

The comments posted were congratulating the customer for receiving their goods and also around other customers wanting to know where their orders were at in desperation for a response from TBI, even customers who have ordered the same items as the post wondering why one customer has received theirs while their online order status still has not moved. I didn't really see the poster getting jumped on from others.

It's more directed at TBI rather than the customer who has received their goods.

Well, the definition of shill is: "a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest"

If someone is friendly with the business owners, they are not impartial. By not acknowledging or admitting that, they are pretending to be impartial. It's not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Well, the definition of shill is: "a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest"

If someone is friendly with the business owners, they are not impartial. By not acknowledging or admitting that, they are pretending to be impartial. It's not a good look.
    Doesn't really matter how you frame it, you're pissing in the wind if you think anybody is going to openly admit being chummy chummy with a business owner, especially since every TFI delivers post is met with a barrage of where's my order etc etc

Doesn't really matter how you frame it, you're pissing in the wind if you think anybody is going to openly admit being chummy chummy with a business owner, especially since every TFI delivers post is met with a barrage of where's my order etc etc
    True. Self-declaration would be awkward at best. Maybe others should just call it out when they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    True. Self-declaration would be awkward at best. Maybe others should just call it out when they see it.
    Saw a FB post where TBI customer sharing pics of their well packed haul from TBI with a buy from tbi hashtag.

Post is littered with comments which seem to be bagging out TBI... comments are turned off by admin...

Poster seemed a little annoyed with others who seem to be bagging out TBI on his post...

I check poster's friend list and to my surprise the owner of TBI's is one of his friends on Facebook.

Not that there's anything wrong with this but hey, just sayin...