Thread: Kmart Feedback

Default Kmart Feedback

Just had an intesting experinence ordering online from Kmart.

Tried to order 2 kids Transformer T-shirts (HERE and HERE). It said they were available up to size 7.

Ordered one of each in size 5 for my sons next birthday. It all went through, then after a few days I got a notice that they were out of the tshirts in size 5 so would refund my money.

Since I still wanted the tshirts for my son I went back and ordered them in size 4 (his current size). I also ordered each in size 3 for a friends child's birthday.

I got an email a few days later saying that they would post the Bumblebee ones out (to the PO Box address I provided) but that the other ones would take a few days extra to source.

A few days after that I got a phone call from a guy in their warehouse saying they were having trouble shipping the next batch to my PO Box and did I have a residential address? I found this odd since they had said that they were shipping the first lot to the PO Box but I provided my address anyway.

The next day the Symbol ones showed up at the post office, despite the email saying that they had posted the Bumblebee ones.

Two days after that a big courier truck showed up on my farm with the Bumblebee ones.

So it was really weird. They couldn't provide the shirts in size 5 (I note their website is still saying they are available, they must not bother to update it) and then with the size 3's and 4's they sent them via two different methods and in the opposite order to what they said.

Just odd.

The only other problem I've had with their online store is like that of many others such as TRU. You can order certain classes of TF toys but they wont let you select which particular character, which means you may not end up with say, the deluxe one you wanted or several of the same type.

You'd think big chains like these could do a bit better. At least I got the shirts I guess.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My issue with Kmart or TRU is no free pickup from their stores. Unlike Myers it was good, and so was Target.

I have also enquired about a product through the phone and was told none, left, but I was passing by the Kmart and decided just to have a look and found 6 pieces of the item (big items, like play set). Sadly that's how it is, and I just brush it aside.

Megatran Guest

Kmart stores getting a facelift? The other week had an external company doing stocktake of inventory.

I was after Iguarnus from wave 1 of Legacy Core figures, I knew to go hunting for them at my local Kmart because the stock checker on the Kmart website said they are in stock also. They were not on the shelf, so I asked where they were. The lady said they don't have them. When I said they were in stock on the site she said they must be in the load and she will put them out later in the week. I went to the service desk and talked to them. They said the figures came in on Friday, yet they still hadn't bothered to put them on the shelf. Also, they refused to go out the back and get one for me.

The fact they can't be assed to go out the back and get the figure and make a sale is ridiculous. Oh well, Amazon has dropped their price to a more reasonable $22.99, so Jeff Bezos gets another sale and my local Kmart misses out.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Australian brick and mortar stores do have a lot of catching up to do as far as inventory control and online sales go.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was after Iguarnus from wave 1 of Legacy Core figures, I knew to go hunting for them at my local Kmart because the stock checker on the Kmart website said they are in stock also. They were not on the shelf, so I asked where they were. The lady said they don't have them. When I said they were in stock on the site she said they must be in the load and she will put them out later in the week. I went to the service desk and talked to them. They said the figures came in on Friday, yet they still hadn't bothered to put them on the shelf. Also, they refused to go out the back and get one for me.

The fact they can't be assed to go out the back and get the figure and make a sale is ridiculous. Oh well, Amazon has dropped their price to a more reasonable $22.99, so Jeff Bezos gets another sale and my local Kmart misses out.
    In defence of Kmart, I remember from my Target days that there could often be a few days between stock arrival at the dock and transfer up to the floor - particularly on stuff that came in on Friday as the dock manager wasn't working weekends. And these things then aren't just sitting on racks easily identifiable - they're in boxes with other very similarly marked product that you'd have to work through.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Australian brick and mortar stores do have a lot of catching up to do as far as inventory control and online sales go.
    Oddly enough, I would say kmart is probably ahead of most in this regard given the high volume and turn around of stock they go through.

When I worked at Target we often had stuff showing in stock when you checked online and it would sometimes still be on a pallet in the dock waiting to be split. This could be avoided if the retailer's database updated their stock on hand after 12 hours for example, to give staff a chance to split the pallet and get it to the floor. Having been on both sides of this argument, I don't think it's a case of the staff not bothering to put the items out, probably more a case of not having enough staff to get to it. I'd also flat out refuse to go through an entire pallet for one item, unless I had a good idea where it is. At the same time though, the staff could've taken your details and called you once they got to the stock.
    ~

Hey, does anyone know if kmart will accept a refund if the product has been opened? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rocka5438 View Post
    Hey, does anyone know if kmart will accept a refund if the product has been opened? thanks.
    Their returns policy on their website.