Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: MP15/16-E Masterpiece Cassettes redeco pack from TakaraTomyMall

Just ordered from RK and was about $157 with freight

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wait, why does AE only offer EMS when it has SSP and AIR as its shipping options, or is there cheaper?

And when you guys mention buying directly from TTMall, that's via proxy service isn't it?

Wouldn't you be paying double handling, as in shipping to proxy address THEN to yourself as well as small commission fee?

I used to use "from japan" and stopped when I realized how much I was really spending, was best for stuff I couldn't get even on mandarake I find...which is tempting me to think it might be wiser to wait for them to get one in a box that's been dropped kicked or something

TTmall offers free domestic shipping including to your proxy address (min purchase i forgot but TF MPs are free shipping) so you pay only your forwarder fees and shipping cost. Which i believe is as much as RK is offering less the hassle for those without forwarder accounts in Japan.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Wait, why does AE only offer EMS when it has SSP and AIR as its shipping options, or is there cheaper?

And when you guys mention buying directly from TTMall, that's via proxy service isn't it?

Wouldn't you be paying double handling, as in shipping to proxy address THEN to yourself as well as small commission fee?

I used to use "from japan" and stopped when I realized how much I was really spending, was best for stuff I couldn't get even on mandarake I find...which is tempting me to think it might be wiser to wait for them to get one in a box that's been dropped kicked or something
    DO NOT BE FOOLED by AE shipping calculator

AE does not have ANY shipping options apart from EMS or expedite shipping methods to Australia.

There is NO Airmail Registered SAL if certain size limits exceeds. This isn't available for Australia but other countries they get this option. Therefore AE will used only the NEXT trackable method which is EMS.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    TTmall offers free domestic shipping including to your proxy address (min purchase i forgot but TF MPs are free shipping) so you pay only your forwarder fees and shipping cost. Which i believe is as much as RK is offering less the hassle for those without forwarder accounts in Japan.
    Yeah not worth the hassle to go through TT Mall when you can get it shipped directly from RK for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Yeah not worth the hassle to go through TT Mall when you can get it shipped directly from RK for the same price.
    You get points through TT mall and discount on your birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    TTMall: ¥10,800 (free shipping to Tenso address) + ¥1,410 (estimated Tenso shipping fee (not EMS) based on existing cassettes) = $141 at current exchange rate

RK: US$117 including slowest shipping = $152 at current exchange rate

So TTMall is 7% cheaper. Would love to be able to pay it all upfront though given how strong the $A is at the moment.

Using the above calculations, going with RK is a no-brainer. I'd rather spend $10 or so extra and not have to deal with two separate companies, fiddling around with google translate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Using the above calculations, going with RK is a no-brainer. I'd rather spend $10 or so extra and not have to deal with two separate companies, fiddling around with google translate, etc.
    Not really.

I could cancel on TTmall easily. And they dont take payments upfront!!!
    Oh and one obvious reason, due to Manufacturer delays ETA < Is TTMall horses mouth, no doggy reasons and all legit.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    TTMall: ¥10,800 (free shipping to Tenso address) + ¥1,410 (estimated Tenso shipping fee (not EMS) based on existing cassettes) = $141 at current exchange rate

RK: US$117 including slowest shipping = $152 at current exchange rate

So TTMall is 7% cheaper. Would love to be able to pay it all upfront though given how strong the $A is at the moment.
    Wouldn't the MP-15/16E box be bigger than the existing cassettes due to 4 cassettes vs 2 cassettes?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Not really.

I could cancel on TTmall easily. And they dont take payments upfront!!!
    Oh and one obvious reason, due to Manufacturer delays ETA < Is TTMall horses mouth, no doggy reasons and all legit.
    I wouldn't say easily. I cancelled a product once. They don't take kindly to cancellations.