Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii MEGATHREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    It wasn't released outside of Japan. I wouldn't bother trying to play import discs on the Wii. Let alone GC ones. Unless you go down "THAT" route to play them.

Better off getting a GC and the GC Freeloader to play GC imports on a PAL console. And yes 3.2E Update negated the Wii Freeloader.

I just had to post up DreamMix TV since it's got actual TF in it! It was also released for the PS2.
    I've heard about this Wii Homebrew Twilight hack thing that lets you go region free with your Wii, from what I've gathered it's not altering or messing around with the Wii's firmware or anything like that, it's just a program of sorts that you run before popping in a game from another region, sort of in a sense like a freeloader disc.

I'm sort of curious about it, I might look in to it seeing as I'd love to get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and well buying a Japanese Wii just for that is a bit too much.

Yeha I might look into that TP Hack. I'm salivating over Tatsunoko Vs Capcom as well. There is next to zero chance that will ever come outside of Japan.

Cross posted from the Non-TF acquisition thread.

Picked up these recently.

Boom Blox is surprisingly fun especially multiplayer wise. I really like the Jenga-esque puzzles, not caring for the shooting gallery ones though. I need to get around to fiddling with the Create mode and make myself some Rube Goldberg machines.

Mario Kart Wii has been frustrating but fun none the less, I three starred everything in the DS one but I don't think I can be bothered with this one though, just aiming for one star. Working through 150CC at the moment.

I love the Wario Land games, one and two (the Gameboy ones) are my favourite. So naturally I needed to pick Wario Land The Shake Dimension up. It looks absolutely gorgeous, shame it doesn't really utilize wide screen. On world three at the moment, I'm just blitzing the levels, I'll come back and grab the treasures and do the quests later.

Lego Batman I haven't touched yet. Planning on getting a few friends over soon for a night of Lego Batman-ing because really the TT Lego games are best played in co-op mode.

Mario Kart 64 was my 2nd favourite game on the 64 (after Smash Bros) and the DS version barely left my DS till I got it chipped.

The Wii game while damn fun in multiplayer and multiplayer online, is annoying to unlock everything. I've actually stopped playing as I find no enjoyment on the Bikes or the 100cc class that forces me to ride them.
    I'm sure I'll get back into it sometime, just not anytime soon.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I think the main problem with the Wii's Mario Kart is that with the extra racers you have 3 more people who are likely to get items that will hit you when you are in first. Not only that but they introduced the POW block that gets everyone.
    I have yet to make it through a race without being hit by something like a blue shell, thunder or POW

Also, why in the world did they get rid of Boo?!?!?! I don't get it. That item was totally fine, why did they have to take it out?
    I actually found it handy. Your in 1st place, dragging a banana and you have a fake item in hold, boo takes fake item and you now have another chance to get a shell or another banana without having to drop your current defence.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

De Blob is Awesomesauce smothered in Awesomesauce!

So very very cool. Only played the opening level and lots of multiplayer, but so far colour me impressed, physics work, particle emitters are brilliant, and sound effects superb!

Multiplayer is a nice addition, and since its so easy to pick up and play both the gf had a blast as well.

Soundtrack is beautiful.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Gonna ressurect this baby, sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Yeha I might look into that TP Hack. I'm salivating over Tatsunoko Vs Capcom as well. There is next to zero chance that will ever come outside of Japan.
    I have the TPHack runnign on my wii and have had no problems( Touch wood), the region loader works well too. I deliberately found and bought a cheap verison of US No More Heroes (with 100% extra Blood!) just to give it a test out.

Now that Kurdt alerted me to Tatsunoko vs Capcom, I have a good reason to keep the homebrew running(I love the Vs Capcom series)! When I found capcom, I also discovered Taiko no Tatsujin (a fave sereis of mine) for Wii too! Huzzah! too bad I discovered after the dollar went down. Ends up becoming a bit owies.... But Happy Christmas as they are both released on the 11th December!

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom's Website (Japanese)

Taiko no Tatsujin (Drum Champion) Also in Japanese.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

In my Wii noobness I can't seem to get the second controller (2-player) active for House of the Dead 2+3 and Carnival games.
    My children are suffering for it.
    Any tips would be rewarded with 1 years supply of good karma and my gracious gratitude.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Is the secind crontroller sync'ed to the wii properly? If its new, each controller will have to be synced
    Ahhhh that may be it. I never sync'd it when I bought it but it works fine on Sonic/Mario Olympics. May I ask how do I go about syncing it?