Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii MEGATHREAD!

That's Taiko No Tatsujin. Basically a rhythm based game. You hit theleft or right side of the drum and also the edges of it. If you have played Donkey Konga on the Gamecube its similar in premise as its the same developers. It's great fun. But the real fun is the game on the right. I'm investigating the TPh right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Those two games are the reasons for wanting to try the TP hack.

*dies*

Damn you Tets!!!!!!
    Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    WTF is that game with the drum? Looks strangely interesting
    Arr Taiko no Tatsujin indeed! Drum Champion! Awesome fun party game. I was addicted after playing it in th arcades in Japan. Now I have it for PS2 (about 4 volumes), DS (2 Volumes) and now Wii!

The Wii feels like it has a better made drum than the PS2. Its a little softer and realistic feeling. Unfrotunately, Taiko is a good sized prezzy under the tree, so its wrapped up until Xmas day! WHOOOOOOOO!

I offer my advice re TPH for those interested.

I played some Tatsunoko VS Capcom at my friends yesterday.

Hell yeah this game rocks!

Thankfully we had two classic controllers. The wiimote + nunchuck combo is for a gimped overly simplified control scheme, directional specials (no need for quarter, half circling etc.), one button combos (eg. AAA) and A+B to activate supers, good for beginners and casual fighting fans but you really need a gamepad or an arcade stick if you want to get the most out of it.

I love the three attack (light, medium and heavy) button control scheme. Reminds me of the Bleach DS fighters and all those PC Japanese doujin fighters. So it was pretty easy for me to pick up and get into the groove and rhythm of the game. +1 for bursting/mega crush. Couldn't quite get the baroque system in the few hours we played, I just couldn't consistently dash fast enough after I activate it on the d-pad or analog stick (I really can't play fighters with gamepad analog sticks), ditto with the mid-air partner tagging.

Capcom side; Ryu was a cinch to use. Rock/Megaman took me a bit to figure out his equipping moves. Alex and Batsu were probably my favourites to use from Capcom. PTX-40A! Grr absolutely frustrating to versus against.

Tatsunoko side; Ken, Jun and Casshern were my favourites. Ippatsuman was hilariously fun, our versus games consisted of each other trying to suck each other in the bottles and summoning those little robots from the boxes. Found most of the Tatsunoko characters a bit harder to learn.

Probably my favourite of the Capcom crossover games. I found this the easiest to jump into (maybe it's all the Japanese doujin fighters I play?) and it's extremely satisfying game.

Okay that's it, Homebrew Channel here I come!

Also Tetsuwan Convoy, what's material is the drum (specifically the face) and sticks look like they are plastic, are they hollow or do you actually feel heavy? Does the whole thing feel sturdy? I'm thinking of getting Taiko no Tatsujin Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    Probably my favourite of the Capcom crossover games. I found this the easiest to jump into (maybe it's all the Japanese doujin fighters I play?) and it's extremely satisfying game.

Okay that's it, Homebrew Channel here I come!

Also Tetsuwan Convoy, what's material is the drum (specifically the face) and sticks look like they are plastic, are they hollow or do you actually feel heavy? Does the whole thing feel sturdy? I'm thinking of getting Taiko no Tatsujin Wii.
    Yeh, it is pretty easy to pick up and away you go innit? I managed to get up the last guy (I think) on my first arcade game with a Ryu/Casshern combo, mainly using Ryu as I had trouble getting anything special outta Casshern. Very Pretty with the specials as well. Haven'T had a chance to use evryone or unlock anything yet though!

Whats the deal with the Mega Crush and how do you get 2 supers going at the same time? Its taking a bit to get me out of Marvel Vs Capcom mode on this....

Can't comment so much on Taiko, as its currently under the Xmas tree. Well next to, I have a small Xmas tree..... But from when I took the photo, it feels sturdier than the Ps2 Drum, which had a tendency to move away from you as you played, so I would usually end up RIGHT in front of the telly at the end of a song.

It also looks like it has a tougher base as well. The sticks (I forget what the are called right now) are hollow, but they are quite thick so please don't whacl anyone in the head with one unless you want to hurt them.

Mega crash uses two supers bars, it's just a way to get out of opponent's combos. You "burst" and it sends the opponent flying back.

Double supers you perform your normal super then press P (the partner) button straight after. We couldn't figure out the timing, it just ended up being a lot easier to press P along with two attack buttons at the same time eg. Ryu we'd do QCF + ABP. But that wasn't 100% consistent.

There's also delayed supers, you do one character's super then you follow up with your other character. This was a lot easier, you just do the super command of the character in play then do the super command of your tagged out character.

EDIT: Also where did you order Taiko no Tatsujin Wii from? I assume you got it online and not at a bricks and mortars store.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yar, taiko came from playasia.com. I dont know of any physical import stores...

Especially here in perth
    Ouch! US$ 99.90 (~145.13 AUD) and no restock until next year.

I really wanted to like Samba de Amigo. I really did but alas it's just not doing it.

We had some laughs when me and some pals played some multiplayer but we soon gave up. It feels very "constricted", you need to be holding/tilting the wiimotes at a certain angle or it just won't register. It should of been a more lax free easy going game instead of having to do these robotic arm movements just to get the shakes in.

de Blob on the other hand is gold. Recently finished it. Wow long levels are long. Spent a good hour per level trying to colour as much as possible. Multiplayer is quite a blast, noticeable frame drop, not as smooth as singleplayer but nothing that dampens the enjoyability.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    de Blob on the other hand is gold. Recently finished it. Wow long levels are long. Spent a good hour per level trying to colour as much as possible. Multiplayer is quite a blast, noticeable frame drop, not as smooth as singleplayer but nothing that dampens the enjoyability.
    I enjoyed the concept of it. Only thing that ruined it for em was the jumping. I would rather a button then having to rely on the wiimote's sensors.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|