Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Your occupation?

Quote Originally Posted by mightyant View Post
    Manager for a cinema complex. It's a recent change for me and I'm all the better for it!
    any chance of some free posters bud?

Ha ha we'll see
    We sell them off to fund the christmas party woop woop

Quote Originally Posted by mightyant View Post
    Manager for a cinema complex. It's a recent change for me and I'm all the better for it!
    Which complex? PM if you want.

I'm a welder, no need to say more lol

Quote Originally Posted by turtle boy View Post
    I'm a welder, no need to say more lol
    We need one. Care for a move north?

Don't mind the the 250km/hr wind and rain, it goes away after a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    any chance of some free posters bud?
    duuude free tickets!! between ants and tets we could see free/cheap movies for life

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    We need one. Care for a move north?

Don't mind the the 250km/hr wind and rain, it goes away after a few hours.

lol whats the company?

I was searching for something unrelated and found this thread, read all 17 pages and thought i'd throw down.

I barely got my HSC. Passed 2 of my 6 subjects, English and Metalwork. Failed maths, physics, chemistry and economics. The funny thing is that i'm not dumb, quite the opposite, its just that everyone was telling me this was the most important time of my life and I needed to study, not hang out with my GF, mates or anything like that. I had an EVIL maths teacher who called my parents and tried to get them to sell my guitar. So I rebelled and didn't study once for the HSC. And it showed. Looking back I do regret it, But it hasn't hindered me with getting to where I am. After school finished I was a bum for 6 months until my mum told me to do something or move out (it was an empty threat but for her to make I figured she must be worried), So I enrolled in a fitter/turner pre-apprenticeship course at TAFE. That was good. I learned how to use a lathe properly, improved my welding skills and built some tools that I still use today.

When that finished I applied for a HEAP of jobs and got nowhere. So I gave up for a little while and me, the GF and a few mates took off down the coast for a few weeks. Half way through that my mum rang and told me get home as I had a job interview in 2 days. I told her that was interesting as I hadn't applied for any. Turns out she had applied for it for me.

Thats how I got my electrician apprenticeship at the Port Kembla steelworks. I breezed through that, then went back to TAFE and did my Diploma Elec., Got bored at the steelworks as my boss had jammed me into a role that made him look great but was boring as hell for me.

So I did my Adv. Diploma and got a job at an electricity network provider. Did a 2 year traineeship and worked my arse off to make sure I was noticed and to get a good reputation which landed me a great job 7 minutes from home.

So at the moment I am a maintenance program manager AND a construction project manger. However I am losing the project manager portfolio soon and picking up the customer service role instead. I really enjoy the work and it keeps me busy, flat out infact. I spend most of my time in front of a computer but its more tiring then when I was on the tools.

Sorry for the essay. I'm bored.

This is an interesting thread, I'm glad you revived it Trent. Your story was an interesting read, it's good to see that people can still get to a good place in life after making mistakes during their schooling years.

As for me, I think many people on here by now know that I am a teacher. I have a Bachelor of Visual Arts (Graphic Design). After I graduated, I received the Visual Arts Graduate Studio Access Grant from my Uni where one graduate got free studio space to work in for a year. The La Trobe Uni here in Mildura shares classrooms with the local TAFE so during my year with free studio space I actually ended up teaching two classes, I taught Typography to the Diploma of Graphic Arts students and Digital Media to the Diploma of Visual Art students. It was amazing! I decided then that I didn't want to be a graphic designer, I wanted to be a teacher! So I got my Cert IV in Training and Assessment and then went off to Uni again to get my Graduate Diploma in Education. I'm into my third year of teaching now but sadly I have not scored myself a full time teaching position. Art/photography/vis comm teacher jobs don't come up all that often and I don't want to move. But I've settled myself into an awesome VCE school as an emergency teacher and I work almost every day. I love my job. I also continue to work at TAFE, teaching an introductory course in digital photography. And on the weekends I work in the layby/sound & vision department at Kmart. So I technically have 3 jobs, but the whole lots of them are casual.

That got long! I blame Trent for inspiring me.

It's so nice to read people who find jobs they love ........ (in my Leonard voice now) wonder what that's like ....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]