Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Your occupation?

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    i have a friend that changed his career , from Accounting to Psychology(socialogy*) just because of the ratio of girls to guys in each classroom, personally i don't see how that wiould work in the long-term.....
    good work kids, but i think i win. when i did vce i had a whole school of girls. i think there were 8 guys in my year level

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

It sounds like you enrolled yourself in a girl's school "by mistake"...

ahh well actualy i did :P
    except it wasnt a mistake
    i didnt do vce see, i did the IB (wow that rhymed :P)
    and the boys campus of my school didnt offer it but the girls campus did, so i shipped myself off down the road for 2 years filled with women, who got very angry one a month for some odd reason. still, was fun

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For me, it's working in a Coles warehouse, but only until something better comes along. I've been there four years now, but it's good money for just stacking boxes.
    same thing but for your German rival

I'm a career public servant, pay ain't too bad but the benefit entitlements are even better.

blackie: so did you go and study at a university overseas?

No offence, but I'm not entirely sure why people choose to study IB over VCE or HSC. afaik Australian high school certificates are widely recognised overseas too... I mean, I did the HSC and it didn't disadvantage me from gaining a scholarship to study at a university in Japan *shrug* In my experience people tend to pick it over the HSC/VCE more out of "prestige" *shrugs.again* Again, JMHO.

Still, from a language teacher's POV the IB is great since studying a foreign language is compulsory! So just out of interest which language did you study?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    PhD student in Maths and sessional academic for the department.
    Postgrads represent!

Physics PhD here. Financially supported by 2 scholarships + teaching / marking undergrad stuff. Oh and a wife.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    blackie: so did you go and study at a university overseas?
    nah never had the drive to stiudy overseas

No offence, but I'm not entirely sure why people choose to study IB over VCE or HSC. afaik Australian high school certificates are widely recognised overseas too... I mean, I did the HSC and it didn't disadvantage me from gaining a scholarship to study at a university in Japan *shrug* In my experience people tend to pick it over the HSC/VCE more out of "prestige" *shrugs.again* Again, JMHO.
    ahh but ib has a MUCH (read amazingly) better conversion rate for enter scores etc. i honestly would have struggled to get 70 in VCE, but came out with 85 from IB

Still, from a language teacher's POV the IB is great since studying a foreign language is compulsory! So just out of interest which language did you study?
    ahh i did german, and a bad job i did at it. i think i got a 3 :S the lowest mark the teacher ever got. still i know im crap at languages, i got a credit last semester in the "how to write a report etc" subject, but got HD's in both the maths/physics subjects, and in IB i did chem and physics, so yeah im a science/maths guy, hence engineering :P

*shrug* In my experience people tend to pick it over the HSC/VCE more out of "prestige" *shrugs.again* Again, JMHO.
    Prestige my ass, everyone thinks your smart cause you do IB, i just chose it to be at the girls school :P jokes
    it is seen as a more prestigious option, but also as a different one. im not sure what HSC is like up there, but our VCE is vastly different than the IB, and its good, cause ive cruised through first year, because most of the material ive already covered. although i did learn some needless things such as special relativity in detail and astrophysics. but hey they were interesting, just completely useless to me now

I work at Woolworths, in the Deli......I don't mind the company, but Deli is the worst department to work in~! D< I am changing departments soon - YAY

But as a career, I would love to study a TESOL course and go overseas *coughjapancough*