Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Your occupation?

paul
    fix the new public transport app
    its pure and utter crap
    and as always, any public transport problem is clearly your fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Good luck with the new job Paul!

I started out like Blackie, working at Coles while doing Science and Engineering degrees at Monash Uni. After floating my way through neuroscience, astrophysics, mechanical and biomedical engineering majors I decided I prefered education and did a DipEd and wound up teaching VCE physics and maths and now first year uni math, at of all places, the school where I attended as a student.
    What do you teach specifically? (in terms of uni math)

I'm a nurse. Specifically, I work in the community, caring for people in their homes.

Between my profession and my TF hobby, I have taken a vow of poverty...

I do project management (commercial and major loss and structural drying). For insurance companies and private tenders.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

My background is in environmental engineering. Been with the same employer for 16 years in ever changing roles. Currently the manager of the sustainability office.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    What do you teach specifically? (in terms of uni math)
    Melbourne Uni run an enhanced math program for year 12 students which encompasses a couple of their first year subjects. Content wise it involves some proofing, number theory (incl. complex), linear alg, Vectors and multi var. calculus! It's been a while since I've done it, and teaching it is far different from just doing it, but my ceiling for math in the last few years has been Y12 Spesh and it's good to be able to push through that again

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Oh god, this is extremely interesting to see how much the guys I know have progressed!
    As STL mentioned wayyyyyy back, yes the RMIT fashion department is pretty mint. The only way to their building is by trotting straight through mine, I don't mind oneee bit
    (They probably do though, there are a lot of weirdos in my department)

Looking at blackie and his dreams of getting into aerodynamics, well, that's just gone completely out the window!
    STL in uni? Looking at where you are today, you moved up the chain pretty quickly!
    Kyle, it's good to see that there is a math phD here (even though you're barely auond anymore)
    I had no idea that llamatron was a physics phD either! You guys have just become very valuable to me :P

I guess this is my turn? We'll see how this changes in time haha.
    I'm a final year math student with my honours year sorted out.
    I want to research a variety of fields, such as renewable energy, animal conservation (this does contain math, go away) and pattern matching (which is the money maker). It just so happens that where I am has one of the best known professors in the pattern matching/discrete mathematics fields. So, I'm definitely in the right place for something! Plan on obtaining my doctorate, just not too sure where.
    As for a current job? I work at uni running labs/tutes for programmers, run the programming club at uni and work in a pharmacy.
    As a data analyst/modeller, I use a number of tools and techniques from data mining/machine learning/pattern recognition nowadays, but I believe them to be different from the discrete pattern matching that you do.

I will soon become an unemployed academic in under two months, when my contract expires. Been using most of my spare time (if any) trying desparately do find a new job but with no luck so far. Will see how I go in two months time.

i work in Engineering/Design.. Mostly Electrical High Voltage, Earthing and Bonding and Rail Design mostly, Subsatations, Transmisson, Rail Networks, Signallining and Communication... etc.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Residential Building Estimator and Scheduler.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'm a nurse. Specifically, I work in the community, caring for people in their homes.

Between my profession and my TF hobby, I have taken a vow of poverty...

Good to know there's another one of the same profession round here
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]