Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Saviers Toys (Australia) feedback

Cool thanks
    Spiderken Away!

I have dealt with this business several times and the speed/efficiency of their sales always impresses me.

The owner/operator seems to have a good knowledge of Transformer toys and is fairly personable, so it’s nice to deal with someone who may be a fan collector themselves.

I’ve ordered the Dinobot/Volcanicus 3rd party mod kits, Siege Cog and Shockwave so far.
    My Siege Brunt purchase is currently being processed.

Also, I prefer to deal with Australian businesses, as it cuts down both the shipping costs and shipping time, allowing me to verify sooner if there is a problem with the ordered item/s.

As nobody has mentioned recently the store is on hiatus so be sure to read the shop site front page and contact them owner/operator before ordering anything.

If business has resumed or does resume please post an update in this thread.

Business has resumed, as the owner has returned from their trip overseas and resumed operation.

I know this because the store delivered my Siege Brunt Weaponizer shortly after the hiatus ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Business has resumed, as the owner has returned from their trip overseas and resumed operation.

I know this because the store delivered my Siege Brunt Weaponizer shortly after the hiatus ended.
    Thanks for replying. A few times I was about to buy something but the store was still closed/hiatus.

I asked several people, in diff places (such as FB) and you are the only person who responded at all, so thank you for that.
    I figured there was no point in directly emailing the store if it was closed as would not get a reponse and nothing on the front page told me anything different.

Hi

The store resumed operation since 20th September.

cheers,
    Xin

So, a second mostly-successful purchase with Savier's - got a long-awaited JiangXing Winged Dragon (not-MP Transmetal 2 BW Megatron), which arrived today. The delivery took 2 weeks rather than the estimated 1, and one corner of the box was a bit dinged up, but I'm pretty sure both issues can be put down to Australia Post at Christmas Time rather than Savier's. It's a little bit of a shame 'cos it IS a nice box, but I'm not really worried 'cos I'm not a huge Box guy and the actual toy is fine.

Once again, I got lucky with Savier's - they had one up for pre-order, which it turns out they didn't have and it being listed was a quirk of their website, but when Xin refunded me I mentioned that I was trying for a pre-order and he looked and found one extra in-stock. That was pretty lucky, 'cos (after admittedly messaging him about Winged Dragon via PM here and not getting an answer for few weeks, 'cos he now apparently doesn't use/check the OTCA board much, otherwise I would have just ordered through him in the first place), I gave up and ordered it through a certain other Aussie store (not going to name names but people can probably guess who they are) who has been having reliability issues lately. This was about a year ago, before said issues had started. Having been sort-of burned with a small-scale customiser-turned-US-store-turned-took-on-too-much-turned-failed-enterprise not too long ago (I got lucky and got a refund and my toy back, but a lot of other people just ended up out-of-pocket), I really didn't want to risk missing out on this particular item. Winged Dragon is a commemorative/celebratory figure for finishing up a Master's degree, so it's kind of a special piece. I think the other store will come through eventually, and I very much doubt they're running a business-death-throes scam or anything, but you know...I thought that about the US guy too, and that turned into a hot mess much like PC etc.

So yeah, slightly optimistic postage times and slightly banged-up box issues notwithstanding, Savier's/Xin has delivered again.

I remember one time when I was looking to buy the Volcanicus third party mod kits, I was seeking a local supplier because I'm not a fan of exchange rates and international shipping.
    I asked Savier's Toys directly if they could find me some and since one customer had never claimed their preorder of one of these mod kits, they instantly made it available to me, because I was an interested customer.
    I really appreciate that they did so.

But I am curious why someone would have preordered the item, then never claimed it, resulting in it eventually being sold to me.
    If I place a pre-order, it means I want the item.

Plenty of people pre-order things they want, and then by the time the item arrives they've lost interest, or found it cheaper elsewhere, or their circumstances have changed and they can't afford it - I'd imagine it's fairly common.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    But I am curious why someone would have preordered the item, then never claimed it, resulting in it eventually being sold to me.
    If I place a pre-order, it means I want the item.
    From what I understand, the owner is very flexible with payments. He put a notice up on his site a while ago asking people who haven't paid him in two years to do so or forfeit their preorder(s) which I think is totally fair. Some people are just slack.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.