Animated:
    Waspinator and Samurai Prowl out Jan 09
    Wreck-Gar out Jan 09
    Atomic Lugnut out Jan 09

Universe:
    Dinobot and Smokescreen out Dec 08
    Leo Prime out Jan 09
    Overload out Jan 09

Loving the brand new mold for Waspinator, the Prowl armour set is great, and worth the double purchase of the base Prowl figure, Atomic Lugnut is everything a repaint should be, and Wreck-Gar looks to be the epitome of the Animated line, I cant believe that the garbage truck turns into that robot, its freaking awesomesauce.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

i like waspinator though, the technorganic look suits him, wreck gar looks great, dinobot is alright, amd lugnut i kinda prefer because of the more military colors, rather than his barney the stealth bomber or whatever lugnuts ment to be lol, your going to need to persuade me to get prowl though
    Last edited by Tommy K; 21st October 2008 at 10:54 AM.

They are at TFW2005 too:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...orecom-166034/

Animated Waspinator: Looks pretty decent even if a bit on the simple.
    Animated Wreckgar: He looks pretty good and the stylization kind of helps his 'Junkian' look.
    Animated Prowl with Armor: Looks like a worthwhile update.

These new Animated releases seem to be a cut above the rest of the line in general.

Atomic Lugnut: Atomic Crap

Universe Dinobot: Look better than the last pic but it seems that they have omited the sword which is his signature weapon! Color scheme is also lacking a lot.

Universe Smokescreen: Looks very good and if the final product ends up looking like that I may get it instead of Henkei but if its a double pack with Dinobot I will either halve it with someone or get Henkei.

Universe Overload: Looks pretty good for what it is but don't really care.

Leo Prime: WTF?? They went to the trouble of remolding the head but gave the lion a G1 color scheme?? The least they could have done is give him Lio Convoy colors.
    Last edited by kup; 21st October 2008 at 10:57 AM.

Leo Prime's red and blue deco would actually make him match Cybertron Optimus Prime's/Galaxy Convoy's colour scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Universe Dinobot: Look better than the last pic but it seems that they have omited the sword which is his signature weapon! Color scheme is also lacking a lot.
    The red missile thing is his spinal sword.

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    dont we already have overload in universe2.0? wtf.
    It looks pretty much the same in terms of colour scheme too.

If they're going to do leo prime, why not go for the Lio Convoy look?
    Dropshot was tan. Overload is green.

Overload looks like the Micromaster Flak now. The previous Dropshot redeco looked like his team mate Sidetrack.

Funnily enough, Cybertron Defense Scattorshot's original deco looked like the original Dropshot.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Overload's G1 form is that of a blue/red truck. The Armada versions were yellow and red, the Energon version was Ultra Magnus' colours. So I can't make head or tail of that one. I thought it might've been Roughstuff for a moment but not to be. Really a wasted opportunity and it annoys me b/c of the wasted potential. I mean Dark Scorponok as Classics Scorponok or Vector Prime as Scattershot (per the Legends figure) would make a lot of sense, right?
    The Energon/Cybertron Scorponok blows. It blows big time.

Energon Jetfire is better as Scattershot, because they're both scifi spaceship things, they both have visor-eyes, and the Jetfire mold looks decent in red and white. Fits.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Leo Prime's red and blue deco would actually make him match Cybertron Optimus Prime's/Galaxy Convoy's colour scheme...
    Argh! After you pointed that out now I HAVE TO buy this repaint!

It appears that Prowl does have some mould changes. At least we won't feel as ripped-off then.

Dinobot, Waspy, and Prowl are all growing on me.

Not a fan of Wreckgar, probably because I don't watch animated. I just find his Alt mode looks to much like "My first Transfrormers".

As for the other repaints, outside of Smokescreen they don't do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, Leo Prime does have a new robot mode head.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Me too

And I just realised how dodgy Dinobot's paint applications look. They're horrid.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Waspy = I hope this is his Season 3 look & not just his Comics appearance cos that's full of win!

Samurai Prowl = Are they sure that's Prowl under there?

Wreck-Gar = That is Freaking Awesome!

Lugnut/Leo Prime/Overload = pass...

Smokescreen = Must_have_Now!

Woah Wreck-Gar is amazing. Hopefully the final paintjob is as good as that. But his proportions are spot on in robot mode and where does he hide all the other truck parts? Hopefully it's skillful engineering as I don't want a backpack on his back. Here's hoping for the former.

Waspinator looks ace although I'm afraid he might be like Swoop with a rather simple conversion and finally, Prowl with samurai armor!

Didn't they just do a Universe repaint for Overloads mould?... Yes. Dropshot. I think it's a little early to do two separate repaints of the same mould on a new line.