Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    On a second look at the Primal Scream volume I realised that only three volumes into this series the reading order is already questionable
    Well, that is offputting to say the least. I hadn't gotten around to subscribing and only have the first two from newsagents but seeing that makes me hesitant to put any more money into the thing.
    If you're going to charge as much as this ends up being you should get it right, otherwise why should I buy these over say downloading scans off the net and reading them in the correct order

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    ... otherwise why should I buy these over say downloading scans off the net and reading them in the correct order
    Well one of these options is the legal way to read these stories...

Apart from this odd swap, the other UK released/announced contents look okay

I'd be interested to see if the placement of #51 in the Space Pirates volumes turns out to be correct (it's on Wikipedia but not on the official site) or if it's sorted out before the book goes to print.

otherwise why should I buy these over say downloading scans off the net and reading them in the correct order
    Well one reason is that the reading experience will be better because of the quality of the artwork, digital restoration, and newly coloured materials that was previously only b&w. It just sucks that the release order is a mixture of tf uk, I'd, dreamwave. But people would just subscribe for the uk then cancel with the full set
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

It was a rhetorical question guys, I didn't think that needed to be said
    My point was if I'm paying for a $20 steak I shouldnt be served a squashed $2 maccas cheeseburger.
    Sure both put food in your stomach, but when you're paying for (what is supposed to be) quality you should be getting quality.
    Yeah I'm a perfectionist at times, but when one is paying this sort of money why shouldn't one expect high quality with minimal mistakes (rhetorical).
    Minimal meaning someone being the wrong shade of blue in some panels then the correct shade in others. Whole stories in the wrong place showing characters that are dead suddenly alive again is not what I'd call "minimal".

I wont get into legal debates here but suffice to say I dont care about the legality of reading a 20-30 year old comic online/downloading it.
    Now if someone can tell me that they'll be reprinting the issues that have the wrong comics in them to put them in order then sure I might bite, but for me them being out of order like that in a way that I cant put them in the right order (other then in my head or while reading) is a bit of a deal breaker.

Now if someone can tell me that they'll be reprinting the issues that have the wrong comics in them to put them in order then sure I might bite, but for me them being out of order like that in a way that I cant put them in the right order (other then in my head or while reading) is a bit of a deal breaker.
    At this point based on what is actually in print, when complete 1 out of 80 volumes will have an 11 page story in a spot that, chronologically, is incorrect.

That volume has been in print long enough that if they were going to fix it (like they have for some volumes and pulled some in advance) they would have done so by now.

So far this is the only glaring problem with the volumes currently released in the UK, but if that's a deal breaker, than I'd suggest not spending over a grand on this series, and buying the IDW reprints instead.

So has the second delivery gone to all yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Got mine a couple of weeks back, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Still waiting for mine as well.

I just got my second shipping notice this morning

So shipment 2 arrived yesterday... and already i see shipment 3 arriving for people on facebook :-(