Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 457

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

  1. #11
    Join Date
    18th Aug 2015
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Will probably have to go all in* because I don't know a single newsagent that will carry this for more than 4 issues but I've dreamed for quite a while of a collection weaving the US and UK Marvel issues together in chronological order.

    *Only problem with IDW is I've already got most of it from Costa's Chaos.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    11th Dec 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    Will probably have to go all in* because I don't know a single newsagent that will carry this for more than 4 issues but I've dreamed for quite a while of a collection weaving the US and UK Marvel issues together in chronological order.

    *Only problem with IDW is I've already got most of it from Costa's Chaos.
    I phoned my local newsagent today and asked if they had it. They did but won't order the future issues for me due to people dropping out once they have to pay full price. Why bother getting the first issue in if they won't support the future ones?
    Ended up subscribing online after 200 attempts to navigate the stupid website.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    24th May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    33,278

    Default

    It's a shame, but expected... it will make it difficult to acquire the few issues that I want (the recoloured issues), or even to just stop at the end of the 1980s comic if they are releasing them at random here as well.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Chadstone, Vic
    Posts
    14,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's a shame, but expected... it will make it difficult to acquire the few issues that I want (the recoloured issues), or even to just stop at the end of the 1980s comic if they are releasing them at random here as well.
    Based on the website the release order here is the same (random order) as in the UK. We're just six/seven months behind.

    If they were in order I'd just get the first 20 and call it a day.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    8th Feb 2014
    Location
    Seaford
    Posts
    195

    Default

    It's not really 'random', it's a deliberate order that ensures buyers can't complete any of the particular series in the collection until the end of the collection. The idea is to string you along for the full length of the run and keep you paying from start to end even if you don't actually want a bulk of the individual volumes. Odds are good you'll get a chunk of Marvel G1 upfront but then the rest is strung out over the next six+ years

  6. #16
    Join Date
    1st Dec 2014
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    It's not really 'random', it's a deliberate order that ensures buyers can't complete any of the particular series in the collection until the end of the collection. The idea is to string you along for the full length of the run and keep you paying from start to end even if you don't actually want a bulk of the individual volumes. Odds are good you'll get a chunk of Marvel G1 upfront but then the rest is strung out over the next six+ years
    2 issues per month... Guess it'll be just over 3 years

  7. #17
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Chadstone, Vic
    Posts
    14,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    2 issues per month... Guess it'll be just over 3 years
    3 years and about $1600. It's a bit of a commitment but the string it out business model is sound! I'm just about ready to subscribe for something I only want a third of.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    1st Dec 2014
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    3 years and about $1600. It's a bit of a commitment but the string it out business model is sound! I'm just about ready to subscribe for something I only want a third of.
    I hear ya...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    10th Jul 2015
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Yippee! just found Issue 1 at a newsagent today in Craigmore. Didn't ask if they'll be carrying the entire range but I will ask when I go pick up Issue 2.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    27th Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    I did the "Star War Fact File" back in the day..... 100 issues got extended when ep 2 came out... was going really well... and the stopped before ep 3!!!!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •