Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2939444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

I really hope they have copies spare to send you, as we are several months behind the UK, and the UK should be sending enough copies to the Australian distributor. The Australian distributor isn't likely to have spare copies, and since there aren't too many here now getting these, how hard can it be for the UK publisher to count to 15 or 20.

This was something I feared ages ago - if the UK publisher cuts back on their printing numbers as the UK subscribers drop off, they could run short before they have to fulfil their foreign requirements.

I think they should do another promotion to offer another run at the comics, and do a second printing... and try to crack into some other countries like HK or the US.
    This has been one of the most complete printings of Transformers comics, and at really great prices (cheaper than the soft cover TPBs), so it should be something most fans should have.

Last week before I went to Melbourne, I got issues 60 & 61 (vol 54 & 48) in the mail.

I've never seen these in Perth... anyone know where to get them locally?

I don't know if you'd be able to catch up, especially with there being no proper Australian agent anymore (the current issues just seem to be going through a forwarding source, as the payments are going directly to England).
    Even if you were in England at the source, they are so far into the run that I don't think they have many of the old issues in stock on their website.
    You could ask at a newsagent who gets in subscription parts, to see if they can ask about chasing up back-issues.
    Otherwise, try the current contact details for Hatchette (somewhere in this topic), but be aware that (for me) they aren't reliable by email, and the phone often just rings out, when I call during the times they stated (for the timezone difference).

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Got 61 yesterday but not 60, doing the "STOCK ON BACKORDER" bollocks again.
    Same on Both accounts, Statement also says charge of $19.98 but still charged for full amount, how do I contact them? No one ever answers email or phone...

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Im sorta glad someone else is in the same boat as me and I wonder if you have another issue missing on your next lot Paubot.
    Turns out I did. Issue 60 on backorder, 61 delivered. So now have two volumes pending

I hope they don't forget, or just cancel them if they have no stock left back in the UK, as that would be an insult... to invest so much time and money for a complete series, just to have some issues skipped, and expect to have you be okay with an incomplete jigsaw puzzle.

The least they could do is acquire copies listed on ebay, and just eat the cost, as their reputation is on the line if they don't deliver a full series to paying customers.

I have had back ordered before, early on, so not worrrying too much yet.

62 and 63 came yesterday. Hopefully everyone gets their back orders and maybe stock works out better in future.

I was surprised to see another pair today at the post office, as it didn't feel like it was four weeks yet.
    I also got 62 & 63 (vol 15 & 58), which gives a big run at the front end of the series now, from volume 10 to 26.

61 delivered, missing 60.
    Still not received 58.
    Not happy Jan
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!