Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3141464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

With the latest pair, it means we now have volume 1 to 26, which covers the original US and UK comic (1-20), the Regeneration One comic (21-24), and the first two volumes of Dreamwave's Gen1 comic (25-26).

I didn't notice this before, but for some reason, they are skipping Dreamwave's 3rd volume of their Gen1 comic, their Micromaster miniseries, as well as the first 7 issues of their Armada comic and the Energon comic.
    Even though the Energon comic and Gen1 comic were left unfinished when Dreamwave collapsed, they could have still included the completed issues and given a short description of what was planned next.
    The tfwiki page claims that the Micromaster mini-comic was originally planned, but was replaced with the Armada issues... which is intentionally incomplete so that only the latter part with Gen1 characters is included.

Believe those DW issues aren't reprinted (and IDW didn't reprint them either when they reprinted other DW comics) are legal reasons relating to the bankruptcy of Dreamwave and some creators not being paid for their work on those issues.

Armada is not G1 and doens't really belong anyway, that some G1 characters appeared means some of the issues make sense, if you squint, but they could have left Armada out all together and I'd have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Armada is not G1 and doens't really belong anyway, that some G1 characters appeared means some of the issues make sense, if you squint, but they could have left Armada out all together and I'd have been fine.
    I wasn't expecting Armada to be in there either, and would have preferred it left out too... but I can see why they included it if this was supposed to be the "definitive" Gen1 comic collection.
    It could then mean including other Gen1 comics, like the Blackthorne 3D comics, one-shot freebie comics like the one that came with a recent complete DVD boxset, and FunPub/3H comics.

It sounds strange that the first seven issues had disputes with payment of the staff, but not any of the other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I wasn't expecting Armada to be in there either, and would have preferred it left out too... but I can see why they included it if this was supposed to be the "definitive" Gen1 comic collection.
    It could then mean including other Gen1 comics, like the Blackthorne 3D comics, one-shot freebie comics like the one that came with a recent complete DVD boxset, and FunPub/3H comics.

It sounds strange that the first seven issues had disputes with payment of the staff, but not any of the other issues.
    Not with Armada - leaving them out is a side effect of the late decision to include some of Armada in this collection but not enough from for all. It's those incomplete series that had the problems.

Got this delivery too. No issue 58.
    Turns out I did. Issue 60 on backorder, 61 delivered. So now have two volumes pending
    Picked up my latest delivery. Third month in a row it was only book (issue 63 /vol58). Beyond a joke now.
    When to the post office today to pick up some things waiting for a me a while. This included issues 64 + 65 in one parcel and issue 62 in another. 62 was missing from the last delivery.

I'm still to receive issue 58 and issue 60

This is mostly to help me keep track but might be useful for others to know

#56 Vol 41 Drift [received]
    #57 Vol 74 Transformers vs G.I. Joe, Part 2 [received]
    #58 Vol 47 International Incident [backorder]
    #59 Vol 05 The Smelting Pool [received]
    #60 Vol 54 A Better Tomorrow [backorder]
    #61 Vol 48 Revenge of the Decepticons [received]
    #62 Vol 15 Time Wars [backorder received]
    #63 Vol 58 Shockpoint [received]
    #64 Vol 80 Requiem of the Wreckers received]
    #65 Vol 63 Elegant Chaos [received]
    #66 Vol 09 Toy Soliders [in country, one month behind]
    #67 Vol 78 New Cybertron [in country, one month behind]

I'm still a little surprised that we are about 6 months away from completing the original 80 issue run of these books. Time has flown since these started.

You may need to call them about the missing issues.
    I actually called them since they charged me twice in one week, and I asked about the missing issues, and he said they had no record of it.
    So told them and they noted it, and said I should always contact them when they're missing.

I've also been charged twice in one week, about to contact them myself but was checking if it had happened to anyone else. I am not missing any issues currently so seems to be unrelated.

Also yeah we've almost completed the original run and thats gone by fast, I mean they're on the extension now but they seemed so far ahead.

Hmm. They charged me on 22 May and 29 May too. So either two shipments are about to come my way and catch me up (since I've been two issues behind for ages) or there's a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    I've also been charged twice in one week, about to contact them myself but was checking if it had happened to anyone else. I am not missing any issues currently so seems to be unrelated.

Also yeah we've almost completed the original run and that's gone by fast, I mean they're on the extension now but they seemed so far ahead.
    Hmm. They charged me on 22 May and 29 May too. So either two shipments are about to come my way and catch me up (since I've been two issues behind for ages) or there's a mistake
    Yeah, they said it was because I was behind, and they're up to issues 68,69. or was it upto 66,67? But yeah, the dude on the extremely broken and noisey line said that, was kind of hard to hear all words.

Picked up the two missing volumes today (58 and 60) but still waiting for the replacement vol 50.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.