Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

I was charged on the 25 and 29, and yeah I heard those issues as well. The two charges were for 67-69, couldnt get through to them until yesterday. Their page gives no indication of when to call and the closed message was telling me to call back during the period I was ringing?
    I think it was a bigger problem with Bissett but if I could see an exact rhythm to when they were charging me I wouldnt jump to 'accident'
    67 is still the latest I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    I was charged on the 25 and 29, and yeah I heard those issues as well. The two charges were for 67-69, couldnt get through to them until yesterday. Their page gives no indication of when to call and the closed message was telling me to call back during the period I was ringing?
    My invoices say to phone between 6pm ACT to 12am ACT Monday to Friday - so from about half an hour's time from when I'm posting this at 6:30 ACT time

I couldnt get through on Saturday and managed it on the Monday so I did guess that, but it will be the weekend that was the problem when I called back later on the Saturday. But I got the number off the website and no indication there so good to have it in the thread.
    I think those are close to what the closed message said but it was like 5:30pm- either 10 or 11pm ACT so probably throw a dart somewhere in-between the crossover

Picked up issue 68 and 69 from the post office today (volumes 67 and 38).

Picked up #66 and #67 today (but delivered on 5 June). No sign of double shipping despite the payments... I'm still to receive issue 58 and issue 60

#56 Vol 41 Drift [received]
    #57 Vol 74 Transformers vs G.I. Joe, Part 2 [received]
    #58 Vol 47 International Incident [backorder]
    #59 Vol 05 The Smelting Pool [received]
    #60 Vol 54 A Better Tomorrow [backorder]
    #61 Vol 48 Revenge of the Decepticons [received]
    #62 Vol 15 Time Wars [backorder received]
    #63 Vol 58 Shockpoint [received]
    #64 Vol 80 Requiem of the Wreckers [received]
    #65 Vol 63 Elegant Chaos [received]
    #66 Vol 09 Toy Soliders [received]
    #67 Vol 78 New Cybertron [received]
    #68 Vol 67 Conquerors [in country but I'm one month behind]
    #69 Vol 38 Devastation [in country but I'm one month behind]

My two volumes from earlier this week...

The set so far, with just 11 of the original series left...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Picked up #66 and #67 today (but delivered on 5 June). No sign of double shipping despite the payments... I'm still to receive issue 58 and issue 60
    Have you tried calling them? I've never had any luck getting through, but I wouldn't want to see them skipping issues and not remembering to fulfil them, as it would ruin the whole point of this large, continuous collection.
    These would be a real bitch to have to chase up missing volumes from secondary sources like ebay, as you'd have to search the UK pages for them.

That reminds me... I gotta somehow chase them up to update my credit card details, as the card they have on file finally expires next month. I certainly don't want to be taken off the subscription list and have to track down the final 29 issues myself... but I'm worried that it might happen, as they are so difficult to get into contact with, and even if I did, I won't trust that they'd be able to update my details.

I’m going to call next week as I think I’ve been charged too much unless something turns up on Monday

Only 2 weeks since the last ones came in, so I wonder if they are losing track of the weeks, or if they are trying to catch up a bit on the UK releases now that they are close to ending (again).

They're not fast tracking me yet. About a month between deliveries and I got #68 and #69 yesterday, but another charge came in a few days ago (but after these two were shipped)

#56 Vol 41 Drift [received]
    #57 Vol 74 Transformers vs G.I. Joe, Part 2 [received]
    #58 Vol 47 International Incident [backorder]
    #59 Vol 05 The Smelting Pool [received]
    #60 Vol 54 A Better Tomorrow [backorder]
    #61 Vol 48 Revenge of the Decepticons [received]
    #62 Vol 15 Time Wars [backorder received]
    #63 Vol 58 Shockpoint [received]
    #64 Vol 80 Requiem of the Wreckers [received]
    #65 Vol 63 Elegant Chaos [received]
    #66 Vol 09 Toy Soliders [received]
    #67 Vol 78 New Cybertron [received]
    #68 Vol 67 Conquerors [received]
    #69 Vol 38 Devastation [received]
    #70 Vol 57 Remain in Light [in country but I'm one month behind]
    #71 Vol 77 Disolution [in country but I'm one month behind]

Did anyone get a shipment during July?
    I just noticed that the last one was at the end of June, but since it was only 2 weeks after the previous shipment, it might have been sent out too early, and was meant to be sent out in mid-July. (my credit card expired at the end of July, but I had been worried that some places might not use it during July)

Wow... three years ago this month, this series was first released in Australia.
    That time has flown by, and we still have about 30 volumes left to go (another year).

Just letting people know that I've updated the first post with contact details, as they are somewhere buried in this topic but it takes too long trying to find them.
    Besides, the phone number they told me to call (when they finally replied to an email) is not exactly the same as the one on the paperwork they send out with the books... which could be why I have never been able to get anyone to answer in the past.
    I had to update my credit card details as the old one has expired, so hopefully they properly updated it, so that I don't miss the rest of the series. (the person who answered my call was a bit rude)
    While I had someone's attention, I also asked on behalf of others who had backorder notices, to see how long they can expect to wait on their missing issues. I couldn't get an actual answer, so asked how long they should wait before chasing up a missing issue, which she said 6 months. A long wait, but I guess if they are out of stock, they might need to do a reprint or wait for unsold issues to be sent back from newsagents in the UK first.

(added to first post)
    EDIT UPDATE - contact details for Australia (to chase up damaged or missing issues, or to update your payment details)

Since the change of Australian distributor, and change of billing to the UK head office of Hachette, contact details and payment details have changed.
    Payments will appear as a UK charge, with foreign fees if your bank has foreign transaction fees.

If you need to contact them in the UK...
    Email - customer_service_aus@hachette-service.com
    Phone - Call this number: 02 8378 7930 (Open Mon-Fri 17.00-23.00 AEST) - it is an Australian number that will redirect to the UK at their expense. (you won't be charged for the international phonecall, if calling within Australia).

If you have been sent a "backorder" notice because they couldn't supply a certain volume (probably ran out of copies), contact them if it doesn't show up after 6 months. That's a long wait, but that is what I was told, as it probably takes a few months for replacements to be found or maybe reprinted, and shipped from their side of the world (if they are sending stock in batches to Australia).