Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

So have they managed a different character on the cover of each issue?

I think so, as there have been some really obscure characters showing up (I've been posting up a fair few of them in this topic as I get them), and I don't recall there being the same characters recycled in multiple different poses.

A couple of characters have been on more than one cover, the usual suspects: Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, Hot Rod, Ironhide. Prowl even appears on two covers in a row (in volume number). Honestly it could have been planned out better. Check out the gallery of the covers here:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers...lection#Covers

I haven’t been able to go to my post office for a while, might have to make a dash soon.

I have received 72 and 73 in the past few days, I've only just opened it now to check it was that so been a bit too busy to post. I think I've had 71 before that but I didnt post so I should check. I remember MTMTE volumes with MTMTE characters though.

And yeah they could've done the covers better, but there's some nice stuff in there. That one Optimus is PmOP is nice, and then the Sherman Dam battle art of Optimus and Megatron (not next to each other in chronological sequence apparently?)

I think they also opened a door by using Alex Milne art of Figeoura Megatron for one volume, on a collection of pretty consistently Sunbow designs. If that wasnt an isolated case it'd be cooler. I mean that's quite an awkward Swerve tbh, why not use the MTMTE RI cover that was also their Thrilling 30 packaging art? Or alternatively, both. There should be plenty of IDW art from that period that they could use and stuff like T30 Whirl would fit this collection even without changing what the covers are about the way a Milne/Don F Megatron does

Kei Zama's Optimus 1 cover. All the original art from the Hasbro U sourcebook which is still mostly by Guido Guidi

Or at least don't put Prowl on those two sequential volumes even though it is both good drawings. Like, how about Galvatron for the collection of Galvatron stories? Kup or Arcee?

At my post office were the latest two volumes as well...

For those still getting these, another two arrived today, so keep an eye out for yours.

I want to go to my Post Office Box and see what's arrived - but it's not worth a $1k fine getting caught going.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I want to go to my Post Office Box and see what's arrived - but it's not worth a $1k fine getting caught going.
    Mail is an essential service. how far away is your post office?

Quote Originally Posted by Vairn View Post
    Mail is an essential service. how far away is your post office?
    15km away from home, but 500 metres away from my office though so usually very convenient!

I don't think travelling 15km to check a mail box is essential and AusPost refuse to forward anything from the POBox to my home address unless I have a tracking number for it, and these deliveries don't have one, nor does the envelope with my new drivers license in it! I was thinking that if I got pulled over and couldn't show a current license it would back up my story of why I was travelling out of my 5km... but I could also get struck twice!

Vairn, thanks you are right and there's info on the DHHS website saying you can travel outside the 5km to collect mail so I did.

Disappointed though, another two volumes on backorder

It's so frustrating as I was an early adopter, I've been there from the start of this subscription and yet I'm still get my volumes a month after most others, and I keep getting short changed an issue

#56 Vol 41 Drift [received]
    #57 Vol 74 Transformers vs G.I. Joe, Part 2 [received]
    #58 Vol 47 International Incident [backorder]
    #59 Vol 05 The Smelting Pool [received]
    #60 Vol 54 A Better Tomorrow [backorder]
    #61 Vol 48 Revenge of the Decepticons [received]
    #62 Vol 15 Time Wars [backorder received]
    #63 Vol 58 Shockpoint [received]
    #64 Vol 80 Requiem of the Wreckers [received]
    #65 Vol 63 Elegant Chaos [received]
    #66 Vol 09 Toy Soliders [received]
    #67 Vol 78 New Cybertron [received]