Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

That's so unprofessional.
    I think it is time to call them up about the earlier two, now that it is beyond 6 months... and then check up on the recent two while you have their attention so that you don't have to wait another six months. (use the phone number in the first post)
    Maybe they only send shipments to Australia every 6 months - maybe ask how often they send stock to Australia, and if it is less than the time since those issues were released here, I'd be wondering why they haven't sent the missing issues within that time, or in a timely matter.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For those still getting these, another two arrived today, so keep an eye out for yours.

Assuming that Hachette has collected them in in-universe chronological order, it's quite amazing to think that IDW has been responsible for over 50% of Transformers comic story-telling.

There is a fair bit of Dreamwave missing, none of FunPub/3H included, and some of the IDW crossovers were left out, but I think they got all of the Marvel US and UK (when they expanded to 100 volumes)... so yes, IDW have produced over half of the licensed comics that were sold in stores, and I remember a few years ago there was a big announcement that IDW had officially produced more material (or issues?) than any of the previous license-holders.

At the bottom of the TFwiki page for this series they break it up the different volumes into their eras and publishers... so you can see the different amounts, that are released so far in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Assuming that Hachette has collected them in in-universe chronological order, it's quite amazing to think that IDW has been responsible for over 50% of Transformers comic story-telling.
    When you consider that there’s scores of movie universe comics as well, the Animated comics, the TFPrime comics, plus the crossover books that aren’t in this collection (MLP, Terminator, Ghostbusters, that GIJoe comic where Skywarp was on the JOE team etc) and yes IDW has definitely produced an astonishing amount of TF comics.

I still don?t understand why the Dreamwave g1 content is omitted. It was speculated on the wiki that it was because no one was sure if the authors/artists ever got paid, but its not like they?re long dead and buried. They are all active online. Could they have just asked them? And I?m sure give the truckload of money Hachette are making on milking the IDW and Marvel content they could afford to pay them twice
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Vairn, thanks you are right and there's info on the DHHS website saying you can travel outside the 5km to collect mail so I did.

Disappointed though, another two volumes on backorder

It's so frustrating as I was an early adopter, I've been there from the start of this subscription and yet I'm still get my volumes a month after most others, and I keep getting short changed an issue

#58 Vol 47 International Incident [backorder]
    #60 Vol 54 A Better Tomorrow [backorder]
    #71 Vol 77 Disolution [backorder]
    #74 Vol 34 Autocracy [in country but I'm one month behind]
    #75 Vol 70 Punishment [in country but I'm one month behind]
    Yeah, they can't stop you from collecting bills , so all mail is counted as an essential service.

What scares me about your list is that apart from volume 73, they're the same ones I'm missing.
    I'm also a month behind, but I think that has todo with then being unable to find my credit card details when Bisset magazine went bust. so It all got delayed in postage, even though they seem to take my money too often in my mind.

I did end up gettting issue 60 tho. but not 58, so I just keep emailing them, and they just keep saying they will source them for me... hopefully, it turns up one day,
    My Packages have tracking numbers, maybe cause I send them to a postal locker, but they appear on my mypost account.

Even socially distanced, as soon as the worker at the Post Office put it on the table I could see I was short-changed, again!

#56 Vol 41 Drift [received]
    #57 Vol 74 Transformers vs G.I. Joe, Part 2 [received]
    #58 Vol 47 International Incident [backorder]
    #59 Vol 05 The Smelting Pool [received]
    #60 Vol 54 A Better Tomorrow [backorder]
    #61 Vol 48 Revenge of the Decepticons [received]
    #62 Vol 15 Time Wars [backorder received]
    #63 Vol 58 Shockpoint [received]
    #64 Vol 80 Requiem of the Wreckers [received]
    #65 Vol 63 Elegant Chaos [received]
    #66 Vol 09 Toy Soliders [received]
    #67 Vol 78 New Cybertron [received]
    #68 Vol 67 Conquerors [received]
    #69 Vol 38 Devastation [received]
    #70 Vol 57 Remain in Light [received]
    #71 Vol 77 Disolution [backorder]
    #72 Vol 69 Sins of the Wreckers [received]
    #73 Vol 56 City on Fire [backorder]
    #74 Vol 34 Autocracy [received]
    #75 Vol 70 Punishment [backorder]

Hoping to get this resolved

I wonder why you are having so much bad luck with these. It's not like they don't know how many subscribers are currently here and are just guessing how many copies to send to Australia.
    I wonder if you are last on their list, and any time they are short, you are the one who misses out (probably because you are a month behind, and the Australian distributor keeps losing issues - or, sends out yours to anyone complaining about a damaged copy the month before).

Next time you call them up, ask them (demand) to catch you up with everyone else, even if it means a double expense for one shipment. It might fix the problem if you can get your books at the same time as everyone else.

I miss these....

I never got any after they changed over.... you guys make me jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I miss these....

I never got any after they changed over.... you guys make me jealous
    None? That's much worse than my problem.

This was my first partworks collection and I think it will be the last.