Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ToysRUs UK & US bankruptcy & closure

We're already discussing the situation in this thread.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24757

Probably worth bringing the existing thread up to the news section.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Yeah, “working through a range of options” is not inspiring. Wouldn’t be buying any gift vouchers anytime soon.
    They're hoping for investors most likely to spin off another company using the current locations and inventory under the label is my guess.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    What about those people that preordered the MP Cheetor repaint, they will likely never get the product they paid for.
    *gulp*

Big closing down sales?

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    It seems that Toys R Us Australia aren't going anywhere soon, at least according to [their FB response.](https://www.facebook.com/toysrusau/p...type=3&theater)
    Here is the FB post:
    To our Valued Customers

While we are saddened by the news regarding our U.S. operations, in Australia we remain committed to delivering the best products, services and experiences possible to the many Toys"R"Us kids who have supported our business throughout the past 25 years.

We are working through a range of options for our business locally and as always will relentlessly strive towards bringing fun, joy and happiness to the hearts and minds of our customers for many more years to come.

Our stores remain open and our amazing staff are ready to serve you!
    Our Gift Cards, VIP club points, Layby, returns policy and other services remain unchanged, however if you have any worries at all please reach out to our customer service team for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    What about those people that preordered the MP Cheetor repaint, they will likely never get the product they paid for.
    I say we shoot the messenger who first posted the preorder news on this forum. I prefer a lynching myself. *picks up a pitchfork & fire torch*

The US CEO says Australia will be liquidated. The Australian business lost $8m last year and more than $100m over the last 7 years. It's accounts say that it relies on the financial support of its US parent. Without that it's most likely gone. I wouldn't be buying anything on lay-by or pre-order, nor gift cards. If you have gift cards use them.

The CEO says likely, doesn't say will. I'll wait until they pull the plug

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    The CEO says likely, doesn't say will. I'll wait until they pull the plug
    That's akin to a club CEO saying "I have full confidence in the Head Coach. His/Her position is safe".

And we all know what happens next.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Big closing down sales?
    That never happens, what will happen is that some larger vendors like Lego will take stock back rather than see it price slashed while new, other stock will be sold to stores like Toyworld, and the remander no one wants will be sold at full price and the prices slowly slashed andl by the time the actual discounts arrive there will nothing but the dregs that no one wanted left filling one quarter of a roped off store.

Unemployment is bad, I feels for the workers.

But Toys R Us is such a big part of the toy industry we all love.... and exclusives that would never have been made and found an outlet elsewhere came into being because of TRU. Whole toylines that in Australia would never been carried (Marvel Legnds/Universe, GI Joe) could only be found there. Transformers will be fine, but smaller properties are going to get hurt.

I really hope a buyer steps up (and is just biding their time for the optimum price). I can't see Hasbro or Mattel being allowed to buy in with anti-trust legislation..... but hey, we have Trump so maybe it doesn't matter now.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!