Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Movie toyline - Studio Series

The Studio Series are Hasbro toys that Takara is also releasing unchanged.

Takara also has the Movie The Best line which are older toys with better decos and in some cases accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Studio Series are Hasbro toys that Takara is also releasing unchanged.

Takara also has the Movie The Best line which are older toys with better decos and in some cases accessories
    Ah ok. It’s all so confusing. Lucky I only preordered Blackout and Stinger online. Might try and pickup Brawl from Kmart.

Yep, the same toys in the same packaging, released by Hasbro and TakaraTomy at about the same time (on the TT website here)... in addition to the TakaraTomy Movie Best toyline, and the upcoming Bumblebee movie toyline.
    That's a lot of Movie toys this year, after the market was already just saturated with Movie toys last year by both companies.
    I know it was the 10th anniversary last year, and they want to cash in on that, after cashing in on the movie of that year (TF5), but they learnt after TF2 that the market (and retailers) need a break from Movie toys, or else the whole line suffers (and it makes it harder to promote the "new" Bumblebee toyline, if Movie toys have been on shelves non-stop for the last two years.

I've seen a couple of comparison pics popping up on Twitter that aren't favorable to the Studio Series. One of Stinger showing he's the same height as FOC Ultra Magnus, one showing how pale his reds are to the AOE Stibger toy, and one showing Studio Bumblebee is several heads shorter that earlier deluxe BBs. Would definitely suggest looking at reviews of these.

The TF team has gotten really good with making bigger toys using far less materials than previously figures of the same size class.

I wonder if these smaller figures are a sign of new cost cutting? Or maybe their increased steps in transformation take up more of the production budget than a simpler figure? Or maybe they are not made by the regular TF designers? (Hasbro does like to shift designers around from time to time)

I've seen a couple of comparison pics popping up on Twitter that aren't favorable to the Studio Series. One of Stinger showing he's the same height as FOC Ultra Magnus, one showing how pale his reds are to the AOE Stibger toy, and one showing Studio Bumblebee is several heads shorter that earlier deluxe BBs. Would definitely suggest looking at reviews of these.
    You’re gonna love the height of SS-Jazz!

To try and scale all these movie designs into just deluxe, voyager, and leader classes they have messed with the heights of them as best they can. So some will seem to small for a deluxe but to complex for legend class.

So i am giving Hastak a free pass on the size issue this time BUT the issue of pieces just popping off on Crowbar and Bee is ridiculous.

I am only really looking forward to Starscream, Megatron, Blackout, and Grimlock now. Plus I believe there is possibly 1 more leader figure to come.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wonder if these smaller figures are a sign of new cost cutting? Or maybe their increased steps in transformation take up more of the production budget than a simpler figure? Or maybe they are not made by the regular TF designers? (Hasbro does like to shift designers around from time to time)
    If you want Jazz to Grimlock within 3 size classes this is what needs to happen. And Walmart (and Hasbro) probably do not want a line with just a legend class Bumblebee. They would see that as lost profits. I wish the influence of stores back to Hasbro was not a thing but it definitely is.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Video reviews are surfacing for the Wave 1 Voyagers (Starscream and Optimus Prime).

The paintwork on Starscream looks absolutely divine, for a mainline release. It also looks like the transformation has been tweaked to tighten the belly of the jet mode. Will probably buy, and wouldn't mind a Thundercracker either.

I think they're attempting to have all the figures in the line scale with one another, which is why the deluxe Ratchet and Lockdown figures are quite a bit larger than the deluxe Bumblebee, Jazz and Stinger.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I've lost all enthusiasm for these toys now that a major reboot is planned. I would buy (again, since I bought the original releases, many characters multiple times at deluxe and Voyager and legion price Points) if they were ongoing characters/deisgns I would see again, but the movie continuity was killed. Bay broke it. There are more movie OPtimus and Bublebee toys released than there were characters in the movies. The inner fanboy in me weeps at all this wasted tooling that could have been used to bring new Generations/POTP toys to market.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

It looks like QC continues to be a problem from just one review I watched, but at 8:44 guy cracks me up with an absolutely savage joke, and he's got a valid point.