Thread: KO MP36 Megatron

Default KO MP36 Megatron

I’ve been searching MPs at ebay lately and found some below 200aud Megatrons and they clearly state KO in the listing. Anyone had an idea how to tell the difference especially the reissue is coming in a couple of months?

Bots & Bits has a few comparison pics between the KO and official:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/botsandb...29274264034383

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Thanks for posting the links ^_^

If anyone is wondering what the differences are, I point them out in the gallery and video. There's quite a few very clear visual cues which should make it easy for everyone to tell them apart

Thanks guys, it would help everyone buying the reissue

There are still some real MP-36s for sale and lots of fakes too. I've updated this post to reflect some changes I saw in a recent (29/10/20) video of a Russian fake. They have become more convincing since Bots & Bits's video. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD43fl_mWJc. I've also pointed out a few fake features that Bots & Bits missed in his video.

The best and fastest way to spot an MP-36 fake I have found so far are the sprue marks on barrel and back. The 2 barrel sprue marks on the real MP-36 (and MP-36+) are located near the tip of the barrel and near the bottom of the barrel. The fakes, including the recent Russian one, have the top mark where the wider barrel meets the narrower part, and the bottom mark about 0.5cm too high. The mark on the back is on the right on the fake and on the left on the real MP-36 and MP-36+. These incorrect sprue marks suggest to me that KO groups have not got their hands on the real molds yet.

Note that KO groups have corrected (since Bots & Bits's video) the centering of the Decepticon insignia, the colour of the purple accessories, the horizontal box corrugation, and monobrows on faces.

I have also confirmed the below video screenshots against my own real MP-36.

Last edited by Skyfire; 27th April 2022 at 04:42 PM.