Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Europa 2017 - Place your bets!

Post Europa 2017 - Place your bets!

The race that stops the board is back in 2017. Lets look at some racer profiles so you can make some educated betting.

Wildrider
    Model: Street Supercar
    Description: After years of campaigning to be allowed into the competition and being denied entry, the racer whom everyone knows is crazy has finally been allowed to race. What are the race organisers thinking?!?
    Special ability: Break-Neck: If Wildrider rolls a 1-3, all racers behind him suffer -1 speed. If he rolls 4-6 all racers ahead suffer -1 speed in panic. Anyone unfortunate enough to be right next to him gets bashed around for -2 speed.

Hurricane
    Model: Le-Mans Long Distance Racer
    Description: The first time a Turbomaster participates in the Europa rally. Hurricane's defensive strategy is to get ahead and keep everyone behind him at bay.
    Special ability: Backfire: Rolling a 6 or 1 will activate his rear artillery cannon hitting the racer/s directly behind him for -3 speed. This also gives him a +2 speed boost.

Blurr
    Model: Earth-mode Supercar
    Description: In his second attempt at winning the Europa race he comes with an Earth-based alt mode and another engine upgrade. Will this be his year?
    Special ability: Hyperfire Engine MkII: This year's Hyperfire Engine has been tuned for greater reliability. It can roll between 2 and 8. However a roll of 7 or 8 will mean Blurr has to take it easy for the next leg only with speed capped at 5.

Nitro Convoy
    Model: Velocitronian Long Distance Racer
    Description: Nitro Convoy sometimes goes by the name of Override when competing in matriarchal cultures. This seasoned champion is fitted out with an enviable suite of race abilities
    Special ability: Speed Racer:
    Rolling a 1 = Jump Jacks, instantly overtake the racer ahead
    Rolling a 2 = Belt Tires, +2 speed in Curve terrain, -1 speed if Deployed on a Straight.
    Rolling a 3 = Cutters, -1 speed to anyone alongside.
    Rolling a 4 = Deflector, Immune from Attacks
    Rolling a 5 = Night Shades, +2 speed in Cities
    Rolling a 6 = Cyber Key Power, shoot all of the racers ahead causing -1 speed

Thermidor
    Model: Futuristic Armoured Tourer
    Description: Drift is racing for great justice and redemption or something. Street courses are his speciality.
    Special ability: Shell shock: Thermidor takes half damage from all attacks (i.e 0 from 1 damage attacks, 1 from 3 damage attacks). Additionally every leg he will fire his front facing machine guns at the next racer/s ahead of him for -1 speed.

Sunstreaker
    Model: Supercharged Lamborghini
    Description: Full of vanity and powerful in his own right, Sunstreaker won't be outdone in this race!
    Special ability: Competitive: From Leg 2 onwards Sunstreaker will summon +1 speed every time a racer is overtaken during a leg. This bonus does not apply to when he is the one doing the overtaking or if Fracture overtakes using his sneaky ability. His competitive nature means this bonus becomes +2 speed in the final leg.

Fracture
    Model: Cybertronian 'Chopper' Cycle
    Description: This bounty hunter may have more sinister motives for entering this race. Does anyone have an engine made from exotic alloy?
    Special ability: Unscrupulous: Fracture is not beyond cheating to win this race. If he is not attacked during a leg, he will take shortcuts to gain +2 speed while everyone else is in disarray

2016 Course

Leg 1: Crown City (Straight)
    Leg 2: Chase Airfields (Straight)
    Leg 3: Lake Bartels (Curve)
    Leg 4: Continental Expressway (Straight)
    Leg 5: Galata Valley(Curve)
    Leg 6: Carbombya Desert (Straight)
    Leg 7: Coral Canyon (Curve)
    Leg 8: Autobot City (Straight)

CURRENT PAYOUT ODDS
    NOTE: Payout odds subject the change before race time. All punters are entitled to change their betting up until the actual Melbourne Cup race time.

Win/Place Odds Based on results from 10 time trials dated 01/11/17

Wildrider: 1:12 / 1:7
    Hurricane: 1:9 / 1:8
    Blurr: 1:2 / 1:0.5
    Nitro Convoy: 1:4/ 1:2
    Thermidor: 1:5/ 1:2
    Sunstreaker: 1:0.5 / 1:0.2
    Fracture: 1:5 / 1:2

Trifecta: 1:13
    Quinella: 1:3
    First 4: 1:15

Also for further clarification, payouts will work as follows.

1:0.5 = bet 100 credits, win 50 credits and get your original 100 back as well
    1:1 = bet 100 credits, win 100 credits and get your original 100 back as well
    1:100 = bet 100 credits, retire from transformers sportsbetting for life

The following board members have either carryover credits from previous years and/or have won credits from this year's teaser game and are either not eligible, or have already had their 50 free credits applied. Balances are shown below:

CHILENO20 : 200 credits
    Trent: 175 credits
    STL: 162 credits
    GoldenPhoenix: 100 credits
    Deonasis: 100 credits
    Ultimate Galvatron: 100 credits
    Sky Shadow: 100 credits
    Bartrim: 100 credits
    Ravagecat: 100 credits
    Sinnertwin: 100 credits
    Borgeman: 80 credits
    Seraphim Prime 65 credits

So who do you think will win? Each new or broke member has 50 credits they can use to bet on the race. Betting will close when the actual Melbourne Cup race starts. Race results will be posted sometime after but hopefully on Cup Day. Happy punting Ozformers!
    Last edited by Lint; 1st November 2017 at 07:02 PM.

Default UPDATE: 10 Time Trials

10 time trials have been completed! The odds for this race have been updated accordingly and some racer analysis added

Wildrider: 1:12 / 1:7
    Hurricane: 1:9 / 1:8
    Blurr: 1:2 / 1:0.5
    Nitro Convoy: 1:4/ 1:2
    Thermidor: 1:5/ 1:2
    Sunstreaker: 1:0.5 / 1:0.2
    Fracture: 1:5 / 1:2

Trifecta: 1:13
    Quinella: 1:3
    First 4: 1:15

Racer analysis

Wildrider
    • Races won: 0/10
    • Races placed: 3/10

Wildrider has been causing a LOT of damage on the battlefield circuit, unfortunately this has not brought much fortune to himself having won zero of the time trials. The odds are not good with this Decepticon.

Hurricane
    • Races won: 1/10
    • Races placed: 2/10

Hurricane has been the weakest racer throughout all the time trials and is a consistent backmarker. He did surprise us with a freak win which was a result of three great backfire boosts in a row.

Blurr
    • Races placed: 6/10

Blurr has been a strong contender so far, consistently performing well in the time trials which is a testament to his racing pedigree. Unfortunately he has only won one of the time trials which is dampening our confidence as to whether he has a good chance to win on race day.

Nitro Convoy
    • Races won: 2/10
    • Races placed: 3/10

Although not always a consistent performer, Nitro Convoy's mixed bag of abilities has produced the second highest number of wins so far, a statistic that cannot be ignored.

Thermidor
    Races won: 1/10
    Races placed: 4/10
    Thermidor is a solid mid-fielder and could perhaps be considered a good filler for a First 4 bet. That said, he has been wholly outperformed by Fracture in this regard. His abilities make him immune to the likes of Wildrider and he has demonstrated that once he gets ahead it is impossible for racers to take him down.

Sunstreaker
    • Races won: 4/10
    • Races placed: 8/10

Call him overpowered or whatever you want, but this is the guy you want to put money on. He is the Winx of the Transformer racing world, his results have far exceeded expectations and he has dominated time trials like no other in Europa history. That said, don't forget that come race day, there seems to be a curse against favourites.

Fracture
    • Races placed: 4/10

We expected more from Fracture but it looks like his fellow Decepticon Wildrider can really spoil his race. Despite this has produced solid results for a racer with mid-field abilities. His sole victory in the time trials was an extremely lucky break in the final lap.
    Last edited by Lint; 2nd November 2017 at 04:58 PM.

Very interesting results from time trials, I'll be considering my bets carefully this year, I thought I was a shoe in last year and clearly my copy of the Macaddams sports almanac had a misprint in it. I won't be trusting it this year since I now only have 50 charity credits to spend.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Very interesting results from time trials, I'll be considering my bets carefully this year, I thought I was a shoe in last year and clearly my copy of the Macaddams sports almanac had a misprint in it. I won't be trusting it this year since I now only have 50 charity credits to spend.
    I know the feeling. Gotta be smart about your bets

Lint:
    Put it all on Wildrider to win
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I've been incomudicado all weekend, so missed out on placing a bet, I see though that the race is yet to be posted, as such I'm going to place my bet in the hopes that it will be accepted.

10 credits on sunstreaker to win
    10 credits on the trifecta: sunstreaker, blurr, nitro convoy
    10 credits on the first 4:sunstreaker, blurr, nitro convoy, thermidor
    10 credits on thermidor to win
    10 credits on Wildrider to place because he deserves some recognition after he's fought so hard to be in the race for so long.

100 on Hurricane. Done.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Lint:
    Put it all on Wildrider to win

10 credits on sunstreaker to win
    10 credits on the trifecta: sunstreaker, blurr, nitro convoy
    10 credits on the first 4:sunstreaker, blurr, nitro convoy, thermidor
    10 credits on thermidor to win
    10 credits on Wildrider to place because he deserves some recognition after he's fought so hard to be in the race for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    100 on Hurricane. Done.

Thanks for betting, hope to run the actual race later tonight. Anyone else who wants to play has the next few hours or so to get them in!

I'm looking forward to the writeup of the race.

Half on sunstreaker to place, half on Blurr to place!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I'm looking forward to the writeup of the race.
    Writeup is the hard part, got about halfway through last night until I went zZz, new target is to release race results tonight!