Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
There's rarely such thing as a perfect movie. Realistically the best movies are a 9/10 so a 7-8 is pretty good IMHO. And that's how I'd rate it too.
I found a lot of answers to my questions on my second viewing, there are still bits that I think could have been done a bit better and didn’t make total sense
I.e. Leia’s Mary Poppins scene, I think they should have kept her eyes closed, so that it was her feelings that directed her back rather than her visually trying to fly back, also once she ropened the bridge’s doors, technically everyone on the other side should have been sucked out into space...; also there is mention that during the space pursuit that there is only 18 hours left of fuel, 18 hours in a space pursuit isn’t really that long when you think about it, still I think it would have helped that once Rey made the decision to meet Kylo, a quick scene of a first order commander suggesting to Hux that they have a destroyer available to cut them off, with Hux replying no, Snoke has commanded that we continue the pursuit as is for now. I think that would have helped discount that main criticism; and lastly, although I still don’t agree with Luke “losing the will to live”, I think when Kylo discovered the ruse and Luke’s projection ceased, when Kylo started having his tantrum and screaming no in anger, it would have been cool to see some force lightning sparks develop around him to stamp his progression to the dark side, I think adding that element to that scene would have been fitting