Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TLK lands 9 Razzie nominations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TLK lands 9 Razzie nominations

Well um, as someone that really dislikes many aspects of the Bayverse (mostly around acting, script and directing) I'm not at all surprised by this. TLK has landed 9 Razzie nominations this year.

The Razzies are awarded for the worst movies of the year, as opposed to most awards ceremonies that award the best movies.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/22/16...rs-last-knight

I saw about 5 movies last year, most of those nominated I didn't see. Looking through the list it feels like there was a shortlist of movies selected and then the people filling the roles of the selected movies were automatically selected to fill each nomination.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

only 9 ?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I saw about 5 movies last year, most of those nominated I didn't see. Looking through the list it feels like there was a shortlist of movies selected and then the people filling the roles of the selected movies were automatically selected to fill each nomination.
    Yeah I totally agree. A very small range of movies there so it was probably ‘Well, we’ve decided TF5 was one of the worst, what categories can we fill from it? We’ve already used Baywatch to fill most of the slots’

How do they think that the worst actor can be the same actor from two different movies?

I suspect they are unlikely to be THAT bad in two movies.

That list is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    How do they think that the worst actor can be the same actor from two different movies?

That list is awful
    Yeah well, when your whole point is to tear down others work rather than create something yourself or look for the good in things, you don’t need to put a lot of effort in.

Welcome to the friggin internet eh - supreme home of the Negative Nancy’s

It’s a bit of fun, lighten up

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah well, when your whole point is to tear down others work rather than create something yourself or look for the good in things, you don’t need to put a lot of effort in.

Welcome to the friggin internet eh - supreme home of the Negative Nancy’s
    Just pointing out, the Razzies have been around since before the public spread of internet. (1981)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Well um, as someone that really dislikes many aspects of the Bayverse (mostly around acting, script and directing) I'm not at all surprised by this. TLK has landed 9 Razzie nominations this year.

The Razzies are awarded for the worst movies of the year, as opposed to most awards ceremonies that award the best movies.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/22/16...rs-last-knight
    May TLK get all the Razzies that are coming to it. Mr. Bay has done little to rectify the fiasco that truly started with AOE. The completist in me will not buy TLK and if he does he'll say to the worker across the counter, " Could you please put that in a brown paper bag. " or " Oh it's not for me, it's for a friend. "

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    That's just it, Michael Bay's movies are typically incredibly light on substance whilst being incredibly high on style.

If Michael Bay's movie-making method were a mathematical formula, it would typically be:

Hot women+car chase set pieces+low-brow jokes+explosions = runaway box office financial success.

Michael Bay movies are typically movies where you go if you want the film equivalent of a roller coaster ride - no intellectual substance but alot of adrenaline-pumping action.

Look at the number of Transformers fans who said that if you just switch off your brain (yes, I remember those exact words being used on more than one occasion and by more than one person) you'll enjoy them.

The problem is, as the current declining state of play has proved with AOE and TLK, and as the writers strike proved with ROTF, is that after a while, the hype and excitement wears off and becomes stale, or if it's poorly executed, people see how little there is there.

When Michael Bay was signed on and his approach to film-making became the one which drove these films, this situation was always going to be a matter of "when", rather than "if".

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

That list is awful
    It's not the first time it happened note this fun fact about the 2015 Razzies:

Kelsey Grammer in The Expendables 3, Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (voice only), Think Like a Man Too and Transformers: Age of Extinction as Bonaparte, Tin Man, Lee Fox, and Harold Attinger[7]
    Sure, you could argue that it's spite, but it could also be a string of poor career choices, or blatantly obvious, cash-grabbing phone-ins. Either is going to be treated mercilessly by the Razzies.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    2. That people who are making movies are not trying to make them good or aren't putting in effort. With multimilliondollar budgets at stake, Paramount would be trying to make the movie as good as they could. Cast and crew on Michael Bay's movies have consistently described him as hard-working.
    Wrong, what Paramount and other movie studios are trying to do, is make movies which will make them the biggest box office return for their investment. As AOE, in making over a billion dollars, whilst earning 7 Razzie nominations, proves, an incredibly financially successful movie, and a good quality movie, aren't necessarily the same thing and can even be worlds apart from one another.