Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The motorsport thread. (car, bike and sim motorsport)

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Do we think the punishments fit the crime for the hold up under safety car?
    I'd have fined Ryan Story half a million for his poor acting during the in-garage interview

$250,000? Drop in the bucket for DJR. As for Fabian, do you follow team orders, play nice and protect your team mate & paycheck or take the moral high ground. It's a tough one. Personally, I'd have have pulled up the park brake, read a book and watched SVG froth even harder, because 2nd place to me is only the first loser. If I can't win, I'll take some solice in knowing my team mate did. The others? They're nothing, just obstacles.

A lot of if's and but's, but if SVG was the better driver he wouldn't have been behind Scott in the first place. Which team in any sport hasn't pulled a similar stunt like that to protect their lead? Anyways, enough rambling from me

I’m a diehard V8 Supercar fan.
    I used to play with and build up the X series (XE,XE,EF)
    But my baby (Refreshed and newly built XE falcon was stolen.

But my current car is ok too:

In case anyone missed it. Romain Grosjean had a massive crash on lap 1 of the Bahrain GP last night. The car speared through the barrier, was ripped in half and erupted in a fireball.

If this crash happened before 2018 and the introduction of the Halo safety device RoGro would have been killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdyKr1WzmEg
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    In case anyone missed it. Romain Grosjean had a massive crash on lap 1 of the Bahrain GP last night. The car speared through the barrier, was ripped in half and erupted in a fireball.

If this crash happened before 2018 and the introduction of the Halo safety device RoGro would have been killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdyKr1WzmEg
    I watched it live on my phone. Pretty scary stuff especially since it happened so quickly.

The sim racing hardware market is in a bit of a strange state at the moment.

Fanatec has just released and sold out of, the CSL DD. A direct drive wheelbase for only $350 USD, as opposed to the other direct drive wheels in the market that can cost thousands of dollars.

Basically, Fanatec has just made everything except the cheapest products on the market like the Logitech G29 obsolete.

Boosted Media's deep dive review

Chris Haye's much shorter review

Gamer Muscele's review (also short)
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

And the Australian GP is about to be cancelled, again...

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/au...inent/6626364/

Terrible news from Brands Hatch in England. In a vintage touring car race, a car was nudged on its right rear bumper. It left the track and rolled through the air into a marshal's post. A marshal was killed and the driver had to cut free from the car. The driver escaped with only a broken leg.

https://au.motorsport.com/national/n...hatch/6640125/

So the F1 season is finally over and we have a first time World Drivers Champion in Max Verstappen. Yay!

Unfortunately tho, Mercedes are preparing to protest the championship in the civil courts. I can't wait for people that know nothing about motorsport to decide who is champion. /sarc

And so they should.
    Max and Christian are absolute Grade A grubs & Michael Masi needs to give his head a really good wobble. He's been making terrible decisions all year and this is no different.

And before anyone pipes in with the wah wah Crymilton bull, I would have preferred anyone but Max to win. Even Mazepin.

They allowed the lapped cars through. Did they do this at any other race this year?