Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The motorsport thread. (car, bike and sim motorsport)

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    A pretty dull race day overall, hoping Baku can deliver some excitement in a couple of weeks
    I like Baku. Let's hope Grosjean can keep his tyres warm enough to avoid walls

For those that like a bit of F1 insight, Netflix has a great little series on F1. 10 episodes, 36 or so minutes each, but it offers a great insight into what it takes to run 2 cars on the grid. May be old news to some, but I don't watch Netflix all that often 🤷*♂️

If you haven't watched last night's Austrian F1 Grand Prix go and watch it. It was a great nailbiter race.

A massive crash in the F2 feature race at Spa has claimed the life of Antione Hubert.

https://au.motorsport.com/fia-f2/new...crash/4526127/

Juan Manuel is also in an induced coma

Great Bathurst 1000. First one I've sat down and fully watched in years. A few questionable moments, but it's all part of the game.

Mercedes winning 6 WCC's in a row & with 4 races to go it's a formality now for LH winning another WDC. I doubt Toto will unleash Bottas and have another Rosberg/Hamilton scenario on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Great Bathurst 1000. First one I've sat down and fully watched in years. A few questionable moments, but it's all part of the game.

Mercedes winning 6 WCC's in a row & with 4 races to go it's a formality now for LH winning another WDC. I doubt Toto will unleash Bottas and have another Rosberg/Hamilton scenario on his hands.
    I was interspersing watching Bathurst with a few jobs around the house. It was initially very textbook until the last 30 odd laps where a lot of action happened.

I'm not a Ford fan but Scotty McLaughlin is a great driver and an all round top bloke so I'm happy he won.

I must say, the one thing that frustrated me a little was the whole "he's got 18 laps to go with only 3 laps worth of fuel on board" speil. Ummm... you guys do this for a living... I could have told you that conserving fuel and tyres are up there with regards to finishing the race. Seems like they do this every year to build a bit of excitement for us at home? .. which usually ends up with a mad dash to the end anyways

I've completely given up watching Supercars this season. The Mustangs winning all the time is even less interesting than seeing Hamilton and Rosberg win all the time in the early days of the Turbo-hybrid era.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I must say, the one thing that frustrated me a little was the whole "he's got 18 laps to go with only 3 laps worth of fuel on board" speil. Ummm... you guys do this for a living... I could have told you that conserving fuel and tyres are up there with regards to finishing the race. Seems like they do this every year to build a bit of excitement for us at home? .. which usually ends up with a mad dash to the end anyways
    Yeah I dare say so, gotta add to the drama! Drama! Drama!

Do we think the punishments fit the crime for the hold up under safety car?