Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Face it, disney will milk this cash cow until it is dry and people get tired of "yet another" Star Wars movie. And then they'll milk it some more.
    They spent a lot of money buying the franchise, and even though will make back many times more, it will have a big permanent place in their themeparks, all without paying anyone for licensing anymore.

I think it will be a bit like Star Trek movies... the novelty will wear off eventually, after 10 or 12 movies.... and then we will see a reboot, which won't appeal to anyone older than 20, who had grown up on the original Star Wars movies and prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think it will be a bit like Star Trek movies... the novelty will wear off eventually, after 10 or 12 movies....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VEnT11mTnI

I don't mind them making side stories. Star Wars has long had this, only that it's previously existed in books and comics. Now we're also seeing it in films. The main difference is that there's a new medium in which the SW universe is being expanded.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Literally no where has this been suggested.
    Catch up . Lol
    It's basically been announced by Kat

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....tar-wars-films

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Face it, disney will milk this cash cow until it is dry and people get tired of "yet another" Star Wars movie. And then they'll milk it some more.
    They spent a lot of money buying the franchise, and even though will make back many times more, it will have a big permanent place in their themeparks, all without paying anyone for licensing anymore.

I think it will be a bit like Star Trek movies... the novelty will wear off eventually, after 10 or 12 movies.... and then we will see a reboot, which won't appeal to anyone older than 20, who had grown up on the original Star Wars movies and prequels.

Problem is they realise they really pissed off enough fans on the last Jedi and hence they might be loosing or winning only half the battle. Less profits for everything including people boycotting Solo.

For every one person who totally dismissed the latest episode is actually a lost.
    Is like Michael bays transformers. He lost me for good for cinemas. I just watch on tv or whatever as the story is out of weck.

Star Trek has became a bit weaker lately as well, and is fading if they don't give good stories. I was slightly bored on the last Star Trek.
    Last edited by drifand; 9th February 2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Catch up . Lol
    It's basically been announced by Kat

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....tar-wars-films
    You can read bolded text right? Your post states that TLJ had made Disney rethink Rian Johnson's trilogy. No where has it been suggested that the GoT writer's trilogy will replace Johnson's trilogy. The official press kit confirms they're separate things.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    You can read bolded text right? Your post states that TLJ had made Disney rethink Rian Johnson's trilogy. No where has it been suggested that the GoT writer's trilogy will replace Johnson's trilogy. The official press kit confirms they're separate things.
    I am not worried about Rian Johnson's trilogy. (I dont think I care). I am using common sense, you will be updated about that trilogy and I can guess it will be on hold at the moment. You can't make money with half audiences, that will be the final judgement.
    Like said I am not a star wars fan. But yeah I dont see running 6 star wars movies within now till 2025. Kind of "huh? which trilogy is which?". Ur no brainier either one might be delayed or even cancelled.

Not to forget a Kenobi flim and a mobba fatt flim. One too many.

I'm not super hyped about it but I thought the preview looked interesting. I like the idea of a heist movie in star wars.

Overall though I think I would prefer the spin off movies to be things that explore the SW universe in ways that aren't necessarily related to the movies that have come before.

Star Wars isn’t immune to franchise fatigue, but we’re a long way off from that. I mean techincally the current Star Wars run has been going since the mid 90’s and its still going strong.

Sure there was a bit of fanboy rage at the Last Jedi but look at the furore over The Phantom Menace, which didn’t impact on the box office performance of the subsequent prequels.

The only chink in the armour for the Solo movie is how the actor portrays the title character. If rumours are true, the news isn’t good. And the trailer didn’t do much to allay my fears.

I have enjoyed some of the previews recently and I am looking forward to watching it but I don't have the hype levels of the other 3 new movies.

Some of the character and trooper designs look great so I will probably be getting a few figures. The Lando Black Series figure probably should have had an extra head I think, to go along with the raised eyebrow one.
    Last edited by philby; 7th July 2018 at 01:10 PM.